Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

Generally all good food this year apart from a nasty dried out bacon and egg bap in a burger bun near the park and went to that Garlic Bread place near Pyramid - dry horrible and tasteless - Defo won’t go there again

Highlights:-
- Breakfast special at strumpets with crumpets (egg, pancetta and cheese in-between two crumpets and a tea) for a fiver was great
- Meat and Greet in pennards was also good for bacon sandwich - nice fresh, soft bread which can be a rare find!
- Med Kitchen at West Holts - Lamb wrap was super tasty although expensive and salad toppings not as good as previous years
- Poutine at the rac shack - Chips, cheese, gravy and slaw - what more do you need!
- Annie Mae’s - Always go fro the Bacon and basil oil and it’s lush :-)
- Smokey tails at the beats hotel - Went for Spicy pulled pork which was a bit bland but apparently the BBQ pulled pork and the smoked chicken was really nice. Fries with Buffalo Mayo was amazing - will be having a go at home!
- La Grande Bouffe - First time and food was great - the crispy potatoes really are the best and the sausage is epic
- Had a couple of good pasties there too that were reasonably priced

Yorkshire pudding place opposite Cider Bus looked great but massive queue so didn’t bother - also heard good things from the group I was with that the Rotisserie Chicken place at Williams Green was good (Someone got a whole chicken for £8 on the Sunday

• 1 month later...

Hog roasts are pulled pork aren't they? Much tastier than those covered in barbeque sauces and the like.

Ever get a pork roll from the one that claimed it was the best in the uk or something? Best ones on site by far.

I basically lived of pork rolls for the whole weekend, with the exception of a couple of burgers and strawberries and clotted cream in the morning.

Ever get a pork roll from the one that claimed it was the best in the uk or something? Best ones on site by far.

I basically lived of pork rolls for the whole weekend, with the exception of a couple of burgers and strawberries and clotted cream in the morning.

Every year for a few years, until I started eating further away from the Pyramid. I always felt sorry for the other hog roast place a few stalls away. You look at that one, then look at the one with the "Best hog roast of all time ever award winner" and make you decision accordingly.

Ever get a pork roll from the one that claimed it was the best in the uk or something? Best ones on site by far...

Not that stall, but after my Monday morning nightmare yomp back to the car after skipping breakfast with all of my kit in the scorching sun with zero sunblock and equal amounts of lung capacity and energy, I came back on site and one of the few places still selling stuff was a hog roast. I swear to any deity it was one of the most enjoyed and needed meals I have ever eaten.

Edited by MrZigster

Hog roasts are pulled pork aren't they? Much tastier than those covered in barbeque sauces and the like.

Not when said pulled pork is handed in to your tent while you are still on acid. In that case it looks like a caterpillar in  a bread roll. I couldn't even have that bastard live in doors with me - it eventually had to live in between tent thingy magigs.

I never buy hog roasts at festivals anymore, I've only ever had ones with stale bread & really wet pork & stuffing. Even apple sauce & tonnes of English mustard couldn't save them.

Must be missing out on the decent places during the day.

Sausage & chips covered in mustard is the perfect evening light snack for me. Had one this year whilst really rushing after the Chems, I hadn't eaten all day.