Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Have to say Person of Interest is getting a bit dull after a few episodes. Very samey.

Have Life starting this week - not seenn it before, but another big role for Damien Lewis in the US.

Loving Homeland, Continuum, Warehouse 13, Red Dwarf, Alphas, Hunted, Criminal Minds.

I suppose, but I am still enjoying it! not bored off it yet! The classic NCIS will never get old though, I have just started at the beginning and working my way through it :)

Well Homeland is moving fast. Wonder if there is plans for a third season?

Was just renewed for a third season :)

Arrow has been alright so far, same with Last Resort. Neither of them are anything outstanding tho

Have to say Person of Interest is getting a bit dull after a few episodes. Very samey.

Have Life starting this week - not seenn it before, but another big role for Damien Lewis in the US.

Loving Homeland, Continuum, Warehouse 13, Red Dwarf, Alphas, Hunted, Criminal Minds.

Stick with Person of Interest - there's a really good story arc running through it.

There seems to be a lot of decent shows on at the moment. The sky plus box is taking a battering. Boardwalk empire, the walking dead, strike back, hunted, arrow, true blood, grimm, elementary, the river, perception, fringe. I do wonder sometimes why I'm paying so much for sky but with so many decent shows on at the moment it seems worth it

I'm happy not to be paying for sky, but thanks to those who do, moochers of the world are grateful for the funding that makes it to good telly.

Been laid up alot lately, so am about halfway through season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. I also am enjoying the current rash of good telly, fringe, walking dead and big bang theory are providing my US entertainment, The thick of it my UK.

Sorry to gatecrash the usual American-w*nkfest on here, but the Killing Series 3 lands on BBC4 on the 17th November, two episodes per night, 10 episodes in total. Sarah Lund's final murder.

Series 1 was the best drama series of the last 10 years IMHO.

very true. Thanks for the headsup, I will deffo be recording this one.

season 2 of the killing was a bit shit though wasnt it.

and neither were a patch on Spiral - if you'll pardon the oneupmanship on non american cop dramas. If you havent seen spiral, they are available on DVD from amazon etc if you have no other method of acquiring them ;0)

very true. Thanks for the headsup, I will deffo be recording this one.

season 2 of the killing was a bit shit though wasnt it.

and neither were a patch on Spiral - if you'll pardon the oneupmanship on non american cop dramas. If you havent seen spiral, they are available on DVD from amazon etc if you have no other method of acquiring them ;0)

Yes Series 2 was a bit disappointing.

*goes off to investigate Spiral*

Still need to watch The Killing. Got the dvd boxset a while back.

It's a long watch, but it's gripping stuff.

well homeland has gone shit. a serious case of a "lets keep "the franchise" going as long as we can" board meeting with a load of studio execs in a smoky room.

they should have ended it at the end of S1 with

Brody flicking the switch and screen fade to black, end of show - would have gone down as one of the best tv dramas ever

if you havent seen episode 6 "a gettysburg address" which is on uk TV next sunday, dont read the spoiler below

the dana side story stinks as bad as Kim's cougar story in 24

brody tells carrie and knobhead that he was taking the tailor to a safe house where he was killed en route- neither of them asked him where the safe house was.

the "swat" raid was ridiculous, as if the CIA would be searching the number one lead in a case of a serious threat on homeland security - with no one outside.

and finally - how the fuck would mike assume that brody killed matey boy on the strength of a hunch and 1 missing bullet from brodys "armoury" - didnt brody shoot a deer or something in the garden in season 1? and then go and share that hunch with the wife of the accused? thats some serious fucking confidence in a very shaky theory right there....

I'm fucking sick of TV execs weakly spinning stories out rather than commissioning new stuff.

Edited by t8yman

does it matter whether it's the funniest thing on tele, american or not?

Funniest thing I've seen in a while...

I like the believeability (word?) of the characters, reminded me a bit of Spaced... which is about as high a praise it could have.

I laughed...

Okay I slightly revised my thinking on this after the - "I don't sleep with virgins" scene

i thought this weeks was the best one for a while. The interrogation was amazingly played out. The pair of them are fantastic actors, and the pace was very compelling... I thought.

I haven't seen next weeks yet..!?...

There's bound to be loads of 'holes' in something like Homeland... who really knows what goes on ... do the governments even know?

I'm up to date on Homeland and still really enjoing it.

Shit got real in the latest episode of Boardwalk Empire. Best show on TV.

next week is when the wheels come off IMHO. I was "with it" so far, despite it being mildly improbable to say the least.

i remember when a guerilla army breached the whitehouse from below in about 2.5 minutes in 24. Homeland is in that territory IMHO.