Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Can I just reiterate how much I fucking HATE "Mrs Browns Boys"

I once again had to suffer the new years special last week, as I was at the inlaws. As it happens I was just sat faffing around with my ipad whilst it was on, but didnt manage to ignore it completely. I've sussed out exactly what it is that winds me up so much -

The "writers" (how dare they call themselves that?) basically take the premise of a joke that is in common parlance and shoehorn it into the "plot" - the one of note in last weeks show was the one about "can you give me a push please mate", "OK, where are you?", "I'm over here - ON THE SWING!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!" - the audience went bananas, as if the greatest joke ever in the world had unfolded before them right in front of their eyes.

who are these fucking people?

and another thing.....

why is it that if you were watching a standup or another comedy show, and someone says "fuck", it is commonly met with "tut", and grumbling, and "you dont need to swear to be funny". Yet on MBB, a bloke, dressed as a woman, can tell an old lady to "feck off" and its fucking hilarious?

I hate it, I hate it, I "fecking" well hate it.

rant over.

• Upvote 4

Can I just reiterate how much I fucking HATE "Mrs Browns Boys"

It would have been embarrassing to air it in the 60's.

How can a *"comedy" show make My Family look cutting edge?!?!

*It was really hard for me to call it that, but it's apparently meant to be one.

I am genuinely deeply troubled that any human being can find it remotely funny, if I was in a room full of **people that like it and put it on I would need more than an iPad, maybe some class A drugs... Or a mini gun... Alternatively I could just run up to my room and put KoRn - Twist on repeat very loudly.

**I say "people" but I really mean de-evolved primates.

I hope it's a sick joke or some kind of experiment from the BBC.

Edited by AcademicPistol

I tried watching it the other day as i was a bit bored and everyone apart from the fine folk here keep saying how great it is...I have nothing to add to previous rants, pretty much spot on! I just don't get it at all, so many love it?! I saw this morning they are doing a live show of it at the o2 at the end of the year...I gave up after 5 minutes and people are going pay good money to sit through at least an hour of that drivel?!

For any Charlie Brooker fans there's a new season of screen wipe starting on the 31st of January and a second season of Black Mirror coming soon :)

http://www.imediamonkey.com/2013/01/09/charlie-brookers-weekly-wipe-launching-on-january-31st/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/13/black-mirror-series-two-first-image-and-episode-titles/

For any Charlie Brooker fans there's a new season of screen wipe starting on the 31st of January and a second season of Black Mirror coming soon :)

http://www.imediamonkey.com/2013/01/09/charlie-brookers-weekly-wipe-launching-on-january-31st/

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/13/black-mirror-series-two-first-image-and-episode-titles/

Great. I'm currently working my way through Seasons 1-5 of Screenwipe (again). I'd like to see Newswipe come back too.

Raced through Game of Thrones recently.

Pretty hooked on Elementary as well now.

I also hate Mrs. Brown's Boys with a passion. I. Just. Don't. Get. It. At. All. Utter tosh.

Oliver Stone's History of the United States of America is just absolutely brilliant (and I really detested History at school). I cannot recommend it enough. The delivery could be called a bit stunted (think monotonous drone of a boring history teacher) and it's somewhat mistitled. It should have (since the start of WW2) appended to it. What a bunch of interfering, paranoid, psychopathic nutters our world leaders and the likes of the CIA/KGB can be when it comes to Foreign Policy eh? It's quite possibly nothing you didn't already know, but it is so well put together.

In the same vein of honestly portraying history, the documentary Rich Hall's Inventing The Indian is well worth a watch.

The Mark Steel Lectures was good. Raced through them as well.

American Shameless is back. That makes Mondays really busy what with all the big animations showing on the same evening as well ;).

Can you tell I've been off work poorly?

Finished Girls series one last night, series two started in the states on Sunday, so good timing! I loved it, though uncomfortable watching sometimes.

Revisiting some Entourage too. Jeremy Piven is the best thing about it by far but Adrien Grenier is so nice to look at :D

Finished Girls series one last night, series two started in the states on Sunday, so good timing! I loved it, though uncomfortable watching sometimes.

Revisiting some Entourage too. Jeremy Piven is the best thing about it by far but Adrien Grenier is so nice to look at :D[/quote

I love Jeremy Piven in Entourage.Ari Gold is my favourite character of all time.Dispite his brash exterior and harsh wordplay he cares deeply about the people in his life,never cheats on his wife and does everything for his family.I actually cried when he gets his family in the end.Tv and film have never affected me like that before or since.