Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Both are excellent and I, like many and like yourself, was late to the party, but well worth the wait.

I watched the last episodes of Fringe this weekend, it sadly lost it's impetus in the last couple of series and canning the show was the right decision.

only 3 more walking dead till I catch up with the broadcast. season 3 (so far) is possibly the best season of telly I have seen for a few years. Tense, shocking and saddening in equal measure.

I'm quite suprised to hear you say that. Walking Dead is solid but it's not I the same league as Dexter and Breaking Bad.

Yes and I've seen that episode of Family Guy as well Nal. It's a typical Seth Mcfarlane thing to do.

I know it really is! True though.

Family Guy is becoming very formulaic recently. Even more than usual.

I watched some of The Wire. Pretty good. Ive no interest in watching 5 seasons (60 hours) of it mind you.

Edited by The Nal

I'm quite suprised to hear you say that. Walking Dead is solid but it's not I the same league as Dexter and Breaking Bad.

I think the 3rd series is just so intense, its relentless. You know how dexter has dropped in my book, BB is great, and I love it, but it never made me feel drained like WD does.

I have not seen The Wire. I just don't fancy it.

I know it really is! True though.

Family Guy is becoming very formulaic recently. Even more than usual.

I watched some of The Wire. Pretty good. Ive no interest in watching 5 seasons (60 hours) of it mind you.

Get out. You are both officially banned from the telly thread.

The Wire is incredible. I wish I could erase it from my memory and discover it all over again. Every character in it is so well crafted, so layered, every storyline is so well written. You care about every person in it. I cant imagine not loving it. Everyone who watched it all has a pretty similar opinion. Its fucking ace.

I think the 3rd series is just so intense, its relentless. You know how dexter has dropped in my book, BB is great, and I love it, but it never made me feel drained like WD does.

I think that WD has gotten progressively more uninteresting (only slightly) but it's still a great action series although I feel like I'm watching a soap at times but I care enough about it to see what happens next (which I won't spoil incase you haven't seen the mid season finale).

The Wire is incredible. I wish I could erase it from my memory and discover it all over again. Every character in it is so well crafted, so layered, every storyline is so well written. You care about every person in it. I cant imagine not loving it. Everyone who watched it all has a pretty similar opinion. Its fucking ace.

I've only seen the first episode of The Wire and I found it a bit slow, but I am determined to give a real shot because it does get heralded as one of the finest tele series of all time.

Completely agree. It's a fantastic piece of telly. Sadly the only line that will stick with me longer than anything else.....

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

To be fair I couldn't imagine myself watching 60 hours of any TV show really.

I think that WD has gotten progressively more uninteresting (only slightly) but it's still a great action series although I feel like I'm watching a soap at times but I care enough about it to see what happens next (which I won't spoil incase you haven't seen the mid season finale).

I've only seen the first episode of The Wire and I found it a bit slow, but I am determined to give a real shot because it does get heralded as one of the finest tele series of all time.

took me a couple of attempts to get into it, but when I did I just flew through the box sets. I understand why so many people rate it as the best ever, but for me it's a close second to The Sopranos.

Fuck me. How good is The Following? A brilliant performance by Kevin Bacon and I found James Purefoy genuinely creepy and scary. Some of the scenes were a real kick in the guts.

We've got this waiting on the Sky box - heard lots of good things about it.

For those talking about giving The Wire a shot I'd strongly recommend making sure you have a bit of time on your hand and watching 4 or 5 episodes together when you start. The reason I say this is I think it takes a while to get absorbed into the world and for me anyway to get used to the lingo.

The Wire is one of my favourite series, the other is The West Wing. I always say The West Wing is the America I wish we had but The Wire is the one we've got.

My other favourite at the moment is Breaking Bad. It is excellent. I can't wait for the last series.

For those talking about giving The Wire a shot I'd strongly recommend making sure you have a bit of time on your hand and watching 4 or 5 episodes together when you start. The reason I say this is I think it takes a while to get absorbed into the world and for me anyway to get used to the lingo.

The Wire is one of my favourite series, the other is The West Wing. I always say The West Wing is the America I wish we had but The Wire is the one we've got.

My other favourite at the moment is Breaking Bad. It is excellent. I can't wait for the last series.

I started Breaking Bad last night while I had the house to myself - I've a lot to catch up on!

I loved the first series of The Wire but really struggled with the dialogue in the second and gave up. Think I need to watch it with subtitles.

The first season of the wire is made that way on purpose imho. You are viewing the gangs through the same eyes and ears as the police. The gangs parlance is very difficult to crack, it unfolds to you gradually as the police begin to understand what is going on.

The first season of the wire is made that way on purpose imho. You are viewing the gangs through the same eyes and ears as the police. The gangs parlance is very difficult to crack, it unfolds to you gradually as the police begin to understand what is going on.

I totally agree but for me I am glad I didn't catch it live so to speak as if I had to wait a week for each episode I might have given up. Being able to watch them in bulk made it easier for me to get into that world quicker.

I love the way each series is so totally different yet connected all the same.