Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

Oh aye. On that episode...

The tracking shot is one of those truly great TV moments. Not just that though. The discussion between Cohle and Hart at Cohle's place before he went under was brilliant, and the stuff with Hart going to the club to find Cohle, and seemed genuinely concerned for his partner.

Oh, and on episode seven...

Remember when Hart said he doesn't hold grudges when talking to the two new detectives working it? And then when he sees Cohle after that, he certainly doesn't hold true to that. The more you see of Hart through this show, the more you see that he's actually a hypocritical nasty prick.

Incredibly excited about watching Cosmos, rebooted from the Sagan original by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. It premiered last night in the US, not sure on English showings, but I'm grabbing it now in HD for a long awaited viewing this afternoon.

Tyson, if people arent aware, is probably best described as Americas Bryan Cox, making complex science fairly simple (but more importantly very interesting) for us mere mortals.

So I finished Game of Thrones season 3 and can happily watch all the trailers now :D

As I said, I knew Robb going to die thanks to a stupid facebook meme but my god how brutal was the wedding?! I don't really watch much TV drama, but it's got to be one of the most brutal scenes I think I've ever watched! Still unsure if I loved it or hated it!

Poor Starks, almost wiped out :(.

Good on Sam managing to get back to Castle Black though and saving Gilly :D

True Detective finale

Gripping throughout and they really finished it off quite well here I thought. I thought the showdown would be the whole episode but I'm glad it ended up not being and that it showed how both had developed at the end. Rust seeing more in life and Marty being around his family and being kind of pleasant with Rust. Gonna miss that fucking series!

On the finale...

It was a fitting end to a stunning season of TV. HBO really don't do things normal, do they? The final discussion between Hart and Cohle was absolutely stunning television and almost the perfect cap off to the episode and the season. Glenn Fleshler was wonderfully cast as Errol, and the final showdown was stunning. Especially when Cohle first sees him in the field. Menacing and quite scary, he wasn't a letdown. I'm pretty confident that whoever takes the lead roles for the new story will be perfect as they cast this season stunningly from top to bottom.

The fact that things had healed so much by the end as well was terrific between Hart and Cohle.

Yeah, I absolutely loved it. Sensational.

Well I managed TD 3 & 4, more brilliance. 4 was great. I'm not gonna get any in today, and maybe not tomorrow. I hate this period where there are potential spoilers around on twitter etc. Thanks for spoiler tagging the chat so far. I'll be caught up asap. I kinda suspected that the 2 characters were gonna progress the way they have so far.

Really enjoying the new series also, been recommending it around the few people left I know that don't know him.

Just watched the finale of True detective, all wrapped up it is a great piece of work. Really happy to hear that the plan is to do something American horror story style and have each series a self contained tale rather than trying to do something with characters who develop over many series. AHS doesn't always work, but the principle is great.

True Detective finale, and my thoughts in general.

As a whole, I thought it was a fantastic piece of drama. The cinematography was gorgeous, the wide open spaces, the vast nothingness of the bayou, coupled with the claustrophobic smothering of some scenes.

I thought the story went really well, never entirely predictable, the reveal of the bad guy

on his mower

was brilliant. WH and MM were perfect. I struggled with the broad accents at times, but I think that added to the mystery a little. The finale was really well paced, and the final scene between

the 2 mains

was perfect.

Edited by t8yman