seanz25

Victorious Festival 2018

Surely there aren't many opportunities to see the Libertines for £25, especially with a reasonable undercard.

I hope they use the bigger stage/open up more of the site this year to make drinking and peeing a bit easier. 

30 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Surely there aren't many opportunities to see the Libertines for £25, especially with a reasonable undercard.

I hope they use the bigger stage/open up more of the site this year to make drinking and peeing a bit easier. 

Its confirmed its the common stage dude.

Thats a really strong undercard, exactly the audience victorious was targeting, im glad theyre sticking with it. 

Seen all the undercard before, kaisers are very average, but shed seven and lightning seeds are great. £20 for that. Bargain. 

Not too surprising a bill, but let's be honest, that quartet could sell well in places bigger than Victorious. Very middle demographic crowd pleasers - and nothing wrong with that at all. Seen all four before and there's enough singalongs to go along, even if none of them are stonking live acts.

51 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

There aren't but their last album output was bad and they have well and truly done the rounds. By the time it got to them doing an arena tour it was kind of just plodding along.....they already played a smaller fest last year....Truck maybe was it. Can't deny it for £25 if you like the acts enough mind.

28 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Its confirmed its the common stage dude.

Ah I missed that thanks. Still haven't quite woken up this morning! I think this could sell even better than Madness and Charlatans last year.

Yep I'm in agreement with most. Even though I wouldn't go out of my way to see any of the bands again in their own right, the combo of them at the price is great, especially with it on the doorstep. 

The Libertines are a strange one, when they were away they were huge and there was a massive clamour for them to return. Now they’re back and touring regularly people seem to have quickly lost interest.

FWIW I thought the last album was pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Libertines are a strange one, when they were away they were huge and there was a massive clamour for them to return. Now they’re back and touring regularly people seem to have quickly lost interest.

and that's because...?

The hype was always much greater than the band ever was.

I would imagine that the deal The Libertines signed with EMI (?) records means that they need to tour pretty much every summer to keep the money coming in...

What are the guesses for the other 2 headliners and castle stage?

Do you think they'll follow last year and put something for the young un's as Castle Stage headliners?

An x-factor type or maybe a DJ?

I'm surprised Fatboy Slim hasn't done Victorious yet.

He was headlining reading and leeds this yr same weekend, we didnt really get a dance act this year headlining apart from shy fx. 

Id love pendulum or orbital to get booked, I dont know what pendulum's plans are, but I see orbital are doing festivals again.

Wouldn't surprise me if rudimental turn up on castle stage at victorious next year.

On 11/29/2017 at 12:08 AM, the wonderwhy said:

Chemical Brothers could be a shout, though I doubt their set up would fit on the castle stage 

Think Chemical Brothers would be Common Stage headliner only I reckon. 

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Think Chemical Brothers would be Common Stage headliner only I reckon. 

Yeah and I doubt they'd be booked for that 

Saturday tickets going up to next tier after today.

Think we have another announcement coming perhaps.

Nothing said about Sunday but they have mentioned Friday sales been strong so they may go up tomorrow too.

31 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Saturday tickets going up to next tier after today.

Think we have another announcement coming perhaps.

Nothing said about Sunday but they have mentioned Friday sales been strong so they may go up tomorrow too.

Seems quite close to the Friday announcement to me? You might be right but I'd be surprised.

50 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Seems quite close to the Friday announcement to me? You might be right but I'd be surprised.

Just seems weird they would raise Saturday and not Sunday, usually they only raise prices prior to an announcement, unless theres been a lot of people just buying Saturday off the back of Friday. Its possible. Just doesn't follow the trend of what they normally do.

They did say next announcement very soon after the Friday announcement. Maybe trying to get xmas present sales, especially as teens tickets went up to adult prices.

Then they leave Sunday to next year?

Edit, in fact it might just be Saturday castle stage headliner announced, to hit the teen audience.

Edited by luckysalt

18 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

They said after the Friday announcement there wouldn't be anything else until the new year 

Did they? I never saw that, they haven't put up the ticket prices for Saturday as of yet anyway, wonder if IOW announcing has derailed them. 

20 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Did they? I never saw that, they haven't put up the ticket prices for Saturday as of yet anyway, wonder if IOW announcing has derailed them. 

Yup, I'm pretty sure it was in the presser but its at the bottom of this News article anyway 

13 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yup, I'm pretty sure it was in the presser but its at the bottom of this News article anyway 

I hadn't seen that about early birds sales changing this year and they are doing it by quantity not date going forward, I assume if they haven't met quantity before announcement however they will still go up. 

Fair do's next year it is again then. Boooo.

55 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Just checked the press release. Only thing I can find on there that mentions next announcement is the Andy Marsh quote "“We’re going to announce the full weekend bill very shortly"