Festival Bags

JoBalls

On 07/04/2017 at 10:51 AM, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I got one of these little folding backpacks last year: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultralight-Backpack-Resistant-Lightweight-Backpacking/dp/B00VWS8LO6?th=1

Great bit of kit.  The straps are nicely shaped and adjustable with that breathable mesh stuff on them to prevent sweaty rubbing and I've carried craploads in it without feeling sore or dug in to.  It's at least showerproof on its own and that could be boosted with a good spray.  The pouch it rolls into becomes a nice zipped inside pocket in the bag.  Handy as heck in normal life too. 

(I don't work for the company or owt, I just really love my wee bag! :D )

Bag arrived on Saturday, looks ideal. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drawstring backpack with alcohol and bog roll in it. Cash and phone in my zipped pockets on my pants/shorts/jacket. My wallet stays in lockups. Once all the alcohol is gone the backpack usually goes in the bin. You can buy them for around £1 in sports shops or pound shops. What else do you need?

On 08/04/2017 at 10:44 PM, giantkatestacks said:

I suppose thats when camping in Pennards or Oxylers makes a difference as you can just go back for stuff.

Yeah, Park home is perfect for this. I can make 4 or 5 2 minute detours without having to lug loads of shite around. But don't tell anyone. 

On 08/04/2017 at 10:44 PM, giantkatestacks said:

Just how do lots of you travel so light? I am boggled by it. Once I am out for the day / evening theres no way I'm trawling all the way back up to Tom'sField again so it has to have coat, suncream, snacks, loo roll, torch, clashfinder, sunglasses, phone, hip flask. 

I suppose thats when camping in Pennards or Oxylers makes a difference as you can just go back for stuff.

We're the same... once we're out we don't tend to head back. I do manage to pack quite light though, it's the alcohol that weighs me down! 

A good tip I can offer up is to decant! If you go to Primark you can get a set of 100ml plastic travel bottles for £1. So when you're out don't bother taking the whole big bottle of suncream just decant a day's worth into a smaller bottle. 

Same with loo roll... I always have a plastic ziploc bag and just unroll a day's worth of paper into it, rather than taking the whole thing with me. The plastic bag also ensures your loo roll stays dry if it rains!

I take packs of tissues rather than faff with loo roll.  Nice ready to use size in a drop-in-a-puddle-proof wrapper.  I once dropped a whole spool of actual loo roll on the piss-sodden ground in a longdrop.  A slightly used mangled up tissue in the bottom of my handbag saved me that day and I've been team tissue since. :D

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I take packs of tissues rather than faff with loo roll.  Nice ready to use size in a drop-in-a-puddle-proof wrapper.  I once dropped a whole spool of actual loo roll on the piss-sodden ground in a longdrop.  A slightly used mangled up tissue in the bottom of my handbag saved me that day and I've been team tissue since. :D

Top tip for loo roll is to take a couple of rolls from home that have already been started so you don't have full rolls to carry round. And tie each onto a string so you can dangle it round your neck when you're in the long drops for easy access!

13 minutes ago, alc1 said:

Top tip for loo roll is to take a couple of rolls from home that have already been started so you don't have full rolls to carry round. And tie each onto a string so you can dangle it round your neck when you're in the long drops for easy access!

Wow. That is a tip and a half!!!

54 minutes ago, alc1 said:

I'm with @scaryclaireyfairy, I much prefer packs of tissues.  Using your way if the skies have opened above the long drop, then the roll can still get moist from the rain.

We use too much toilet tissue to be carrying around packs of tissues. "Free" (I give a donation, obvs) toilet roll from the festival all the way. 

Most of the tissue I use is probably wiping off other people's piss so I'm definitely not paying extra for tissues for that.

37 minutes ago, Untz said:

We use too much toilet tissue to be carrying around packs of tissues. "Free" (I give a donation, obvs) toilet roll from the festival all the way. 

Most of the tissue I use is probably wiping off other people's piss so I'm definitely not paying extra for tissues for that.

It's about a quid for eight packets and as they're 4 ply and a reasonable size a pack will last me a couple of days, but we all have our preferences, hence life is a rich tapestry :)

3 hours ago, Untz said:

yeah I use the free rolls from the lock ups too and know what you mean about have to clean seat all the time

I put my roll in one of those plastic bags that you put your fruit or veg in from the supermarkets and hook it on the door hook, bad downpours may still see it get wet but most of the time bag protects it getting wet :)

Edit: okay why have I got 6 down votes for talking about using loo rolls from the lock ups and putting them in a little clear bag that I put my veg in to keep loo roll dry?? :huh:

Edited by shoptildrop

On 7 April 2017 at 10:51 AM, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I got one of these little folding backpacks last year: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultralight-Backpack-Resistant-Lightweight-Backpacking/dp/B00VWS8LO6?th=1

Great bit of kit.  The straps are nicely shaped and adjustable with that breathable mesh stuff on them to prevent sweaty rubbing and I've carried craploads in it without feeling sore or dug in to.  It's at least showerproof on its own and that could be boosted with a good spray.  The pouch it rolls into becomes a nice zipped inside pocket in the bag.  Handy as heck in normal life too. 

(I don't work for the company or owt, I just really love my wee bag! :D )

I ordered one of these, it's brilliant, perfect size, wide straps... Just ordered 3 more as gifts :-) (matching rucksacks this year lol) 

theyve sold out of 2 colours since last week .... 8 colours, now down to 6 - you should be on commission

thank you for the recommendation , my decathlon one had a hole in it and now I have a lovely new one :-) 

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

yeah I use the free rolls from the lock ups too and know what you mean about have to clean seat all the time

I put my roll in one of those plastic bags that you put your fruit or veg in from the supermarkets and hook it on the door hook, bad downpours may still see it get wet but most of the time bag protects it getting wet :)

Edit: okay why have I got 6 down votes for talking about using loo rolls from the lock ups and putting them in a little clear bag that I put my veg in to keep loo roll dry?? :huh:

They're all from spoof accounts, so I doubt it's anything to do with loo roll.

Have an upvote anyway. :)

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

So someone has gone to great lengths to just downvote that post repeatedly?  Some people have far too much time on their hands.  Consider that a reason to upvote, I know I did.

Walks off tutting.

If you look members that have joined up recently there are a whole bunch that spoof members, Neil or for some reason reference cats. A whole load today but more from the last few days. I thought it might have been someone who was banned but there doesn't seem to have been anyone in the last week.

I guess some people don't really have anything else going on in their lives.

On 08/04/2017 at 6:33 AM, Untz said:

What, the canvas Yeo Valley bags?

You're supposed to put them over your shoulder, not drag them around like some stroppy kid with their school bag.

:P 

I'm nearly fifty and perfectly capable of going all stroppy schoolkid once in a while. I'm reminded of satchels. Shoulder destroying pieces of school kit which scientists concluded should be replaced by rucksacks to save future adults backbones and posture. Really stupid pieces of kit. They either slipped off of your shoulder, or, you looped them over your head and the weight of your schoolbooks garroted your neck and head.

On entry to the festival, I am generally already packed to the gunnels with a massive rucksack on my back, my daysack on my front for convenience, a sack trolly of sundries and handfulls of other (possibly unnecessary) stuff.

I love those Yeo bags and the free programme. Hate those fucking handles though. Just remove two or three inches Think of the cost savings..

My waist pack arrived today and it's excellent. Sits nicely under my left tit and has enough room for all my stuff without being too bulky. 

Gonna get me one of those foldup backpacks on payday for carrying my booze around and I'm done!! 

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

On entry to the festival, I am generally already packed to the gunnels with a massive rucksack on my back, my daysack on my front for convenience, a sack trolly of sundries and handfulls of other (possibly unnecessary) stuff.

I did think about that when first getting the bag it's a pain to wear it normally due to other crap, but I still think it's the right length for 99% of the time. I use them after the festival - in fact used one a 2009 that's still going strong last night for carrying stuff home from the shops - and they're great. I think canvas bags with shorter straps are a right pain, but that's just me.

I have more canvas tote bags, not just Glastonbury ones, than I know what to do with. I might have a problem.

12 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I ordered one of these, it's brilliant, perfect size, wide straps... Just ordered 3 more as gifts :-) (matching rucksacks this year lol) 

theyve sold out of 2 colours since last week .... 8 colours, now down to 6 - you should be on commission

thank you for the recommendation , my decathlon one had a hole in it and now I have a lovely new one :-) 

:lol:  My non festivalling BF is going to be tickled at this.  He bought me my bag last year.  I raised a suspicious eyebrow when he said he'd ordered me a foldable daypack cos I expected it to be some flimsy nonsense. Then the magic bag arrived and he was smug as hell.  He'll be unbearable when I tell him it's becoming this season's eFests must-have!

12 hours ago, musky said:

They're all from spoof accounts, so I doubt it's anything to do with loo roll.

Have an upvote anyway. :)

thanks for the upvote and yeah I looked at the accounts, all seem to be using the same wording so possibly same person, very weird :huh: