Which day do you prefer Wednesday or Sunday ?

brighton1983

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love rolling up on Wednesday, and once you've got your tent set up then going for a walk and watching the festival start to take shape. Thursday I always set aside for enjoying the craft/healing fields. The music days I enjoy but there's something about those first two days that sets it apart from other festivals for me. 

Somehow I always end up there before my friends so the first few hours are painful for me because I'm super excited but have to hold off in case I need to go help my pals. This usually involves anxiously sitting by my tent with a drink and then maybe a mini exploration if I know I've got to wait a bit. But once we're all together its pretty much straight to West Holts to sit in the sun (ahem...) with a Brothers.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Is anyone else feeling a bit sluggish today? I don't know it is. I felt great yesterday, like the world was my oyster, not to mention my hair looked great. Just can't get going today for some reason!

If posting 10 times this morning about this subject is you feeling "sluggish" i cant imagine what youre like posting about important stuff :o

35 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

I love rolling up on Wednesday, and once you've got your tent set up then going for a walk and watching the festival start to take shape. Thursday I always set aside for enjoying the craft/healing fields. The music days I enjoy but there's something about those first two days that sets it apart from other festivals for me.

Is the correct answer, i speak on behalf of Homer here as well :D

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is like Brexit all over again, when I was also blissfully unaware that I was surrounded by a silent majority of wrong 'uns who'd make a beeline towards the daftest available choice at the drop of a hat.

I'd say the Sunday leavers were in favour of  'Sexit' but I don't want to get Scruffs foaming at the mouth this early in the day. Or, indeed, 'Suxit'

Some people love the Wednesday whilst others could live without it and enjoy the Sunday more.

What we can all agree on however is that everyone is entitled to their opinions and this isn't a right / wrong decision.

Or can we not agree on that :ph34r:

As someone who had to chose last year, I have another experience to share.  Whilst having to leave on the Sunday was pretty rubbish and not something I'd do voluntarily, there was something oddly positive about leaving whilst the festival was still going. Before it all turned to shit.  Like you could pretend it goes on forever.   And no queues leaving the site was a unique and pleasant experience too.

However I could also offer another benefit of arriving Thursday no one has mentioned so far, if you have mates arriving on the Wednesday.  They are the ones that have done all the queuing, and finding the campsite etc.  You get to stroll in with a bag and start on your crate of beers at a sensible hour (anytime from 9am).

47 minutes ago, kalifire said:

U OK, hun? x

Not bad ta. Though remortgaging my flat is dragging on and I found a hole in the elbow of one of my favourite shirts the other day. On the pus side, I just got my checkup results this morning and my cholesterol levels are bang on.

How are you?

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

Not bad ta. Though remortgaging my flat is dragging on and I found a hole in the elbow of one of my favourite shirts the other day. On the pus side, I just got my checkup results this morning and my cholesterol levels are bang on.

How are you?

Oh, you know. Plodding on. Occasional moments of self-doubt and insecurity but buoyed by momentary glimpses of happiness, all within the overarching context of our mortality. You know how it goes. 

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Oh, you know. Plodding on. Occasional moments of self-doubt and insecurity but buoyed by momentary glimpses of happiness, all within the overarching context of our mortality. You know how it goes. 

Hmmmm, please allow me to clarify all this for you:

Brexit means Brexit.

I believe everything is now all sorted. (Big wobbly thumbs up.)

I like both.

It's like tea or coffee (not starting that debate again mind).....they both have their benefits.

Wouldn't like to miss either.  But if I did, it'd be Wednesday.  Romanticism be damned, I want bands!

Although it's tempting to claim otherwise just to see if I can finally turn @CaledonianGonzo into Stressed Eric...

On 22 March 2017 at 0:55 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

This isn't a choice at all.  Ditch the Wednesday and go on the Sunday.  You'll have the same feeling of wonder and optimism on your first day regardless of which day it is, and you won't be sacrificing 33% of the actual entertainment.

Plus, by Thursday you can just waltz through the gates without having to queue over night in a binbag full of freezing rainwater.

I completely agree. Sunday is a hard slog if you're there since Wednesday but won't be from Thurs. If you go Wednesday, Saturday is your last day..Imagine that.....? People are arguing Wednesday and Sunday as 'opening' and 'ending' vibes but not considering the 4 day stretches. Make sense? Def stay until Sunday........