Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

4 minutes ago, o.b.gene said:

Foo's sometimes like to take a trip to the venue they're due to play, just to get a feel for the place more than anything I'd imagine. They did that with Milton Keynes a few days before they played in 2011.

Get a feel for Milton Keynes? I'm surprised it wasn't cancelled. It's a good shape for large gigs but rather vacuous of any form of character!

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I always thought eFestivals didn't like FF. 

Are you generalising the people of eFestivals or Mr eFestivals (Neil)? Difficult to say how popular they are on this forum generally. All I know is, Neil has made some disparaging comments about the music of Grohl and Co. and now he has a ticket. He'll either be converted by 11pm tonight or his dislike will be reinforced. Can't wait to find out...

9 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Everyone has forgotten about the plane, might it be in front of the pyramid as we speak...

Oooh, I had yes.

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Wasn;t that the normal plane thats sits in the naughty corner and is always stored on site ?

I think it was decided that it was a new plane, which may or may not be connected to the Foos.

1 minute ago, Divein said:

Excited for the rumours page to Get updated secretly this weekend with potential info Neil may get tonight.

This really could be a good night for Neil to gather info, although I'm sure that's not his sole focus tonight. I imagine it'll be full of festival friends and staff so things could get over heard. Im just excited to see the real end product of all this hype and effort

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

Are you generalising the people of eFestivals or Mr eFestivals (Neil)? Difficult to say how popular they are on this forum generally. All I know is, Neil has made some disparaging comments about the music of Grohl and Co. and now he has a ticket. He'll either be converted by 11pm tonight or his dislike will be reinforced. Can't wait to find out...

I think there's a fair few people on here who like the Foo's more than they let off...

Which i find equally strange

9 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Would be nice if both of them could go, but sometimes dreamings not enough :-(  @parsonjack are you going to head to the venue - if so I have absolutely everything crossed for you totally and utterly. If its not full at 6pm maybe just maybe they'll let a few fans in

I've been here since 1300...not giving up yet^_^

39 minutes ago, jparx said:

What's Sheeran gonna do for his announcement then? He can't just be on the poster at the end of March surely. That'd be a bit pants.

you're not the first to make a comment like that in this thread, and it'as given me an idea for the news-in-advance i'm currently writing. :)

(you'll have to look later, if it happens)

@eFestivals Neil, do you think it's likely you'll actually get a chance to get any gossip tonight? 

I'm assuming the Eavii will be there. 

Youre not gonna wear a potentially provocative Radiohead t-shirt a la Scotty and bugger everything up are you? ;-)

If you do, can you make it a Robbie Williams t-shirt. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Get a feel for Milton Keynes? I'm surprised it wasn't cancelled. It's a good shape for large gigs but rather vacuous of any form of character!

Maybe, but the last time they played there, if the place did have a roof, it would have been torn off. One of the best gigs I've been to in 40 years.

5 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Sounds perfect for R.Williams. Although I'm not sure his massive empty head would fit in there. 

Just now, Woffy said:

@eFestivals Neil, do you think it's likely you'll actually get a chance to get any gossip tonight? 

My ears are always open but I don't badger people. If they wish to tell me something, they will - but normally they don't.

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I'm assuming the Eavii will be there.

I think it's likely. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Wasn;t that the normal plane thats sits in the naughty corner and is always stored on site ?

I thought it was a different one. Was it not on the back of a lorry or something? Logically it was probably something to do with Joe Rush, I think with all the Foo Flighters (see what I did there) departure board stuff people just assumed there was a connection.

8 minutes ago, bennyk said:

I think there's a fair few people on here who like the Foo's more than they let off...

Which i find equally strange

I used to really like the foos. I even went to see them at their MK bowl gig in 2011, it was alright. But since then I have lost interest in them pretty rapidly. Maybe its because my music taste have changed quite a bit since then as I've gone through my twenties. I don't think many people hate them, but have just a 'meh' feeling towards them. They are a safe, standard stadium rock type band.

27 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

Actually can't wait for the night to be over so we can start looking for announcements for the other ~900 acts!

But tonight is just the Foos! We still have the Sheeran announcement to come!

But after this over-the-top Yank announcement, I think the best thing he can do is be properly British, put his hand's up, and apologise to us all when his name simply appears on the first line-up poster.

1 minute ago, karaseen said:

But tonight is just the Foos! We still have the Sheeran announcement to come!

But after this over-the-top Yank announcement, I think the best thing he can do is be properly British, put his hand's up, and apologise to us all when his name simply appears on the first line-up poster.

I'd queue up for this.