Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

23 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

While we're on this .......

Is there not a lot less gig footage on YouTube these days compared to a few years ago ?

Ive mentioned this before on here. I still see loads of filming going on but seems less new stuff when you search YouTube.

Have the times changed and the yoof are putting it all over their instagrammers or am I just searching wrong ?

I never film but often appreciate a wee look at others footage.

Yeah I think they take down more, they've probably invented a better way of doing it automatically or something

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I feel like it would be hypocritical of me to watch stuff I haven't been to either, given how much I moan about people filming, so you're right I probably am spiting myself out of principle.

The other thing is that I simply don't enjoy watching amateur gig footage. I have no interest in it.

Fair dos. You do have to trawl through a lot of shit to find the gems I must admit.

I watch a lot of old gig footage, is a pretty essential archive imo. Otherwise there wouldn't be this badass version of The National Anthem

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think YouTube takes a lot more stuff down these days.

Yup, sadly it's happened a lot since they went with XL, they are complete bastards for copyright claims (under the name merlin/beggars). I think it's usual a false positive too, as I'm not sure fan shot gigs are copyright infringement.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think YouTube takes a lot more stuff down these days.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Yeah I think they take down more, they've probably invented a better way of doing it automatically or something

Fair dos. You do have to trawl through a lot of shit to find the gems I must admit.

2 hours ago, Chawk said:

I watch a lot of old gig footage, is a pretty essential archive imo. Otherwise there wouldn't be this badass version of The National Anthem

Yup, sadly it's happened a lot since they went with XL, they are complete bastards for copyright claims (under the name merlin/beggars). I think it's usual a false positive too, as I'm not sure fan shot gigs are copyright infringement.

Ah I see. Thanks for the responses folks :)

I had assumed something like this had happened as I had checked back on a couple of things I`d been at recently and there was nothing ?!

Shame really although I appreciate that much of it is / was shit quality.

3 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Its very much anti all politicians, no? 

http://diffuser.fm/radiohead-electioneering/

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Doesn't sound like it's pro any politician surely? 

For what it's worth, I hadn't heard of that take either. Just did a quick Google and found this, but not quite the same:

‘Electioneering’, Yorke explains, was a result of both the country’s “optimism” surrounding Tony Blair’s ascent but also his own scepticism: “There was for a brief moment in Britain the belief that the politics could be removed from self-interest and removed from vesting interest. But then it was obvious within months that wasn’t gonna happen.”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/radiohead-ok-computer-the-smiths-tony-blair-2089552

I can believe they did once like Blair what with the Follow Me Around verse that goes

Did you lie to us Tony?
We thought you were different
Now you know we’re not so sure

(obviously the We maybe refers to the country rather than the band)

Edited by Chawk

10 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

At the big Eric Prdz gigs there's usually a fan or 2 that will stand at the back and video the entire concert in one shot from start to finish.

If you think filming a Radiohead gig is silly, imagine what most go through the minds of a Eric Prydz fan to spend 50-60 quid to go to a dance event and then spend the entire 3 hours filming rather doing any of the afromentioned dancing.

Also to make it even more relevent to the thread, I truly believe Eric Prydz is the Radiohead of the dance genre.

Ashamed to say I have no knowledge of the Prydz apart from that song...

Is "Call on Me" his "Creep", or does he still do that kind of stuff?

5 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Ashamed to say I have no knowledge of the Prydz apart from that song...

Is "Call on Me" his "Creep", or does he still do that kind of stuff?

Yep, exactly the point I was going to make comparing them. Call On Me is his Creep, all his fans hate it and he hates it and never plays it live.

He's also got a few other big charting songs people don't realise they know until they hear it which are really good. E.g. Pjanoo is his Karma Police.

And he's one of those acts that don't just click on first listen you need to actively try with, but once it clicks there's a whole world of Prydz to get into

So....what do we think the lads will play tonight?

Hoping for a barnstorming opening of Nobody's Empire, then they've got to play I'm A Cuckoo to keep the momentum up.  Then a few deeper cuts like the goddamn Fox in the goddamn Snow, before smashing it home with The Boy With The Arab Strap.

Only concern will be if they substitute Legal Man for Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying.  And will they ever play String Bean Jean again?

9. Storytelling

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I joined the Belle and Sebastian queue last night.  

Currently the only person here, but it's gotta improve my chances of getting up onstage for the Arab Strap dance off.

Good work number one.

Be warned.... last time out that I saw them, they dropped it way before the end, just when some had made a quick and final dash to the bar.

:lol:

For maximum emotional effect on people they should finish on Party Line so as they get folk up dancing and happy, bopping about the place and then Radiohead can bring em all crashing back down. It would be a wondrous emotional jarring moment that all true Radiohead fans will revel in 

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For all their vibe of bedsit miserablism, their live shows are generally upbeat, dance affairs......so it's very much the likely scenario.

Trash the place with Sukie in the Graveyard and The Blues Are Still Blue and mouth "Follow that, Slaphead" to Phil Selway as they moonwalk off the stage.

I agree based on their Glasto slot in 2015. So much fun.

Any ideas of set times tonight? Can only find Radiohead times and can't get the app. Sorry if there's an obvious way. Just off to Waverley now.