EAST AND WEST CAMPER CREW

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot understand the decision to wait until the evening to open the camper fields.  I was one of the lucky ones in first thing yesterday am and saw no preparation whatsoever for the mud; laying gravel / woodchips etc.. It was a dry day and would have been far simpler spreading arrivals out even if a few vans needed pushing 

1 minute ago, 504329lt said:

Cannot understand the decision to wait until the evening to open the camper fields.  I was one of the lucky ones in first thing yesterday am and saw no preparation whatsoever for the mud; laying gravel / woodchips etc.. It was a dry day and would have been far simpler spreading arrivals out even if a few vans needed pushing 

I don't get that either. Ok fine, delay the opening, but to what end if they're not preparing the ground?

23 minutes ago, **claire** said:

There's nowhere open to go to the toilet.

Once you get to canards grave roundabout there are stewards and where there are stewards there are portaloos. They might not technically be for the public but I'd hope they'd let you use them 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The ground us still drying out for all that time.  6, 12 hours can make a difference.

Yeah, make a difference to the chaos caused on the roads.

i was in the fields from 8am yesterday and  while some of the surface water may evaporate the ground remains fully saturated.

Staggering arrivals all day would have been easier than leaving until the evening and the problems this caused.

Simple fact is that someone made the wrong call even if it was made with right intent.

Well awning is up along with 2 tents just finished my second beer and I'll shortly be off to bed. setting off from home to now only 31.5 hours travelling but I was at work before that so been up for over 48 hours. I feel a bit numb and wet and completely knackered. Good luck everyone 5:30pm last night we were in Shepton mallet we got out the car here 5:30am fucking hell. I'm shagged. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The ground us still drying out for all that time.  6, 12 hours can make a difference.

With it raining now and the fields noticeably more squelchy, I agree it might have made a difference ... but I reckon the delay opening has caused more issues than it cured.

This is like Glastonbury's of the past when 12 hour queues were quite normal.

I know it can't be fun for those who've queued overnight tho.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Eavis has just been on 6Music and  - er - squarely placed the blame for the delays on people ignoring advice to delay their departures and more people than ever showing up too early.

To be fair I don't think that has exactly helped by the sounds of it has it? Yes the decision to push the time back to 6 has been a bit of a disaster in its own right, but, the fact that loads of people turned up well before 6 would've only added to the problems not helped.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Eavis has just been on 6Music and  - er - squarely placed the blame for the delays on people ignoring advice to delay their departures and more people than ever showing up too early.

What a massive shirk of responsibility from the big E... Chaos would have been hugely reduced now had they not delayed imo. Yeah the going & getting in would still be slow given the ground conditions, but the back log far less.

Seriously worried about getting back on site Thursday morning now.

33 minutes ago, StormCrow said:

Well awning is up along with 2 tents just finished my second beer and I'll shortly be off to bed. setting off from home to now only 31.5 hours travelling but I was at work before that so been up for over 48 hours. I feel a bit numb and wet and completely knackered. Good luck everyone 5:30pm last night we were in Shepton mallet we got out the car here 5:30am fucking hell. I'm shagged. 

Was only about half an hour ahead of you in leaving Shepton Mallet, but we got in and parked up at 11:30pm last night. Once we got in sight of the Pylle turn off the speed dramatically increased. Sounds like they then shut things down again soon after though if it took you another 6 hours.