eastynh

Blue Dot Festival

3 day festival from Jodrell Bank with the music line up announced tomorrow.

Has anyone any info on this? Have to say Jodrell Bank is an utterly fantastic place for a gig. If anyone half decent is on then will deffo be going.

https://twitter.com/bluedotfestival

I am expecting The Charlatans. Tim Burgess is never away from the place.

They must have a decent line up to leave it this late to announce.

18 minutes ago, craigb said:

Quite an eclectic line up. Can see a lot of people on these boards liking it. 

Anything I will like?

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

It's promoted/run by the same guys who do Kendall Calling etc. 

Anyway, Sigur Ros... 

1 hour ago, dirty_dog said:

they are in Japan that weekend but you never know

oh thank fuck for that

Sigur Ros were only there 2 years ago. They were on the same weekend as NO.

it's a three day camping fest ... I do know the details (and am keen to go) but you'll have to wait till 9am for them. :)

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's a three day camping fest ... I do know the details (and am keen to go) but you'll have to wait till 9am for them. :)

Have just messaged you as well Neil.

Does it include the jean michel jarre date listed on his tour dates or is that separate

Just checked the dates so clearly it does

Edited by atomised

29 minutes ago, atomised said:

Does it include the jean michel jarre date listed on his tour dates or is that separate

Just checked the dates so clearly it does

Yup, plus Underworld/Caribou 

Not going to lie, am a little disappointed with that line up. The Transmission gigs were far better imo.

Hopefully going to go to this. Line up is awesome and I really like the idea of all the science stuff. 

Just depends on my work situation currently...

Just booked me and the family some tickets for this, I love the idea of the festival and the line up sounds right up my stree. Cant wait!

Good for you dingbat :)

My boyfriend and friends booked their tickets today but I'm going to have to hold off until I know my employment situation :(  Should do by the end of the month. As an unknown quantity I really hope it doesn't sell out.

Shit year for festival luck for me if it does! No Glastonbury ticket, not allowed the time off for Primavera, and now it's sold out, thought about Electric Picnic and now it's sold out, Latitude and Lovebox clashing so would have to choose either The National or LCD... I'm in a world of first world problems here.

Thanks, it will be my 2 boys (7 and 10) first experience of a festival so cant wait to see how they get on. I think they will love it, it sounds like its going to be quite a family friendly festival, and they are really into science and especially space. Cant wait to see JMJ, PSB, Underworld, Caribou and 65daysofstatic too, it will be interesting to see what they think of them!

Fingers crossed for you if you do want to go in the end, and fingers crossed for the Glasto resale...

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

Thanks, it will be my 2 boys (7 and 10) first experience of a festival so cant wait to see how they get on. I think they will love it, it sounds like its going to be quite a family friendly festival, and they are really into science and especially space. Cant wait to see JMJ, PSB, Underworld, Caribou and 65daysofstatic too, it will be interesting to see what they think of them!

Fingers crossed for you if you do want to go in the end, and fingers crossed for the Glasto resale...

Sure they will love it. The science workshops and things sound great for kids :)

And thanks on both counts! My luck has to change at some point...

We got tickets for this today too. Tier 1 tickets already sold out but I've no idea how many of them there were in the first place.  I can't imagine it'll sell out too quickly given that it's the first year - hope I'm right for your sake, Ms Zoo.

4 minutes ago, mandolin said:

We got tickets for this today too. Tier 1 tickets already sold out but I've no idea how many of them there were in the first place.  I can't imagine it'll sell out too quickly given that it's the first year - hope I'm right for your sake, Ms Zoo.

Thank you! Fingers crossed...