That feeling of dread and hope - Who else?

DaveyGee

• We have never failed in the resales  unlike T day

I think there are fare too many people buying tickets in October knowing they have 6 months to make their mind up.then declining

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, ivan said:
  • We have never failed in the resales  unlike T day

I think there are fare too many people buying tickets in October knowing they have 6 months to make their mind up.then declining

Really hope that's true - been lucky once and failed once in resale, but this time it's needed for me too!

5 hours ago, ivan said:

I don't doubt there's an element of that, tho if we believe what comes out of the festival about there only being a few thousand tickets in the resale, the amount of it can't be particularly significant towards anyone's chances of getting a ticket.

Tho I'm not entirely sure I believe what the festival says about the number of tickets in the resale.

To give the ticketless some hope:- last year 35 of us got tickets (4 in the resale) and all went. This year 28 of us got tickets and there are 4 more peeps that we are trying for in the resale   BUT of the 28 with tickets 12 (for various reasons) have decided not to go...... so that's 12 tickets going back into the pot. :) 

I have tickets, my predicament is that right now I dont know if I will even be in the country. So part of me sees a good announcement and panics I wont be there, then sees someone naff confirmed and tries to placate itself that I wont be missing much.

Im taking a little solace in the fact that if I end up not going I will be so far away that I can pretend its not really going on.

10 hours ago, Perks said:

Dude, you have totally summed up how I'm feeling. Have had a break off here for a few months, but found myself back this week! Am so F'ing nervous. Need 4 in the resale. Anyone any idea on the date yet?

I know it kinda sucks....

Sad i know, but i looked at the resale dates last year (Coach 16/4/15, main resale 19/4/15 and a secret resale 18/5/15) and i reckon the resales could be as follows:

Coach - 14/4/16,  Main resale - 17/4/16 and maybe a secret on 16/5/16.

What does everyone else think?

Encouraging reading all the posts regarding success rate on bagging tickets on resales, truly hope this is the case with me and my friends!!!

Love to all....:D

29 minutes ago, DaveyGee said:

I know it kinda sucks....

Main resale - 17/4/16

What does everyone else think?

Encouraging reading all the posts regarding success rate on bagging tickets on resales, truly hope this is the case with me and my friends!!!

Love to all....:D

Most likely based on 2015. Bloody awful for me if it is, miracle if I'm anywhere close to an Internet connection

20 hours ago, Glastobuddy said:

14 out of our group of 18 got them so i've bitten the bullet and bought an overpriced ticket from another source,  couldn't handle the wait for resale.

Would that have been one of the expensive off site camping options? Flyglastonbury etc?

They were the only other way I could see to get a ticket outside of the usual methods.

I'm too having to face the resale lottery this year after being successful the last three years in the general sale. It's a horrible feeling. I've still been regularly visiting the forum to read etc. but haven't been able to comment up until now. I'm trying to remain positive, I think it's the long gap from the general sale to the resales that makes it even more nerve-wracking. Plus of course the announcements... please stop with the announcements (I know if I had my ticket already I'd be all for them...)

this year will be my 6th going, having gotten tickets in the original sale.

the first year I went, we got in no sweat in October. Second, we had to use Neil's bypass and the other 3 times have all been resale. It was always MUCH easier than buying in the main sale. The year U2 were originally playing, we were in and out in less than 3 minutes for the resale and came away with 3 tickets and a campervan ticket. 

Just trying to reassure you all. For those that want tickets, there will be tickets.

I am desk based nowadays at work, and will be trolling see tickets over the next few months for the resale and subsequent secret ones - willing to help any and all secure their tickets.

this, more than anything else, is why I love efests. I know none of you from Adam and you are all so very lovely (with exceptions, of course :P)

3 hours ago, wwinstanley said:

Would that have been one of the expensive off site camping options? Flyglastonbury etc?

They were the only other way I could see to get a ticket outside of the usual methods.

I got lucky through a friend of a friend, when i say overpriced i beleive it to be a "hospitality" ticket as issued by the external camp site operators which are double the standard ticket price anyway. Trouble was, due to the fact they are limited, i had to make the decision straight after the initial ticket sale whether to pay up there and then to be safe or wait (and stress in the menatime) for resale. 

17 minutes ago, Glastobuddy said:

I got lucky through a friend of a friend, when i say overpriced i beleive it to be a "hospitality" ticket as issued by the external camp site operators which are double the standard ticket price anyway. Trouble was, due to the fact they are limited, i had to make the decision straight after the initial ticket sale whether to pay up there and then to be safe or wait (and stress in the menatime) for resale. 

I'd have done the same I think. Expensive but worth it to guarantee you'll be there.

Mild panic has started now Coldplay have been announced, I'm sure not as many people will return tickets, like they did last year when Kanye was announced. Although on a more positive note I've failed first time for the last 3 years and managed to get them in the resale, so fingers crossed. I've seen some wonderful things being achieved on this site when everyone works together :D

This is my first resale attempt, pretty damn nervous. Last time I never got Oct tickets was 2013, I never went that year, but 2 of me pals managed to nab some in the secret may sales. I'm so friggen nervous. No matter who they announce between now and resale I think it'll be savage getting tickets as the amount of people that moan, there's more people like us who don't care who's playing and just wanna go. It's the best party in the world. I Suppose I'm lucky enough to have been as often as I have. Just like everything that's good. I want more.

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Spent ticket day trying for a group of people off these forums and all but 2 got them. Then found out that 2 friends that stay with us every festival didn't get tickets. I thought they would be sorted in the group they were in. Now bricking it for them ...it won't be the same if they're not there. 

I,m Sure we`ll get them their tickets Dee, no one gets left behind :thumbsu:

15 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Spent ticket day trying for a group of people off these forums and all but 2 got them. Then found out that 2 friends that stay with us every festival didn't get tickets. I thought they would be sorted in the group they were in. Now bricking it for them ...it won't be the same if they're not there. 

We will get tickets for your friends.

remember we now have fast broadband in the village, f5 will be faster :) 

Failed to get tickets in October after going for 8+ years in a row, fingers crossed for April. 

Would normally be following all the line up rumors in here, but this year I've been avoiding the site. Don't want to think about it too much until I know I've got a ticket. Everyone keeps asking if I've got a tickets yet, don't like to even think about it :( Already had a couple of Glasto dreams this last few weeks.

Edited by I am Jon