That feeling of dread and hope - Who else?

DaveyGee

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Spent ticket day trying for a group of people off these forums and all but 2 got them. Then found out that 2 friends that stay with us every festival didn't get tickets. I thought they would be sorted in the group they were in. Now bricking it for them ...it won't be the same if they're not there. 

We'll get them sorted Dee

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't panic. I've never got tickets in the resale.......BUT i have never failed to get all the tickets I needed in the 'secret' resales in May. Its by far the easiest way of the lot. The key is being able to monitor the site over the week after the final returns date and there are programmes that can help you, as well as a well oiled alert system on here.

P.s. listening to Dreadzone will ALWAYS help!

Edited by smudger

not excited by the line up at all this year but im hoping that will give me a chance of getting a couple of tickets in the resale.  Like has been said by others I'm really avoiding this site and missing all the excitement of who might be playing, and subsequently doing my catch up homework on them.  

Is now the time i should start begging my facebook mates to help me get tickets in april then?

I'm staying ploptimistic. I'm hoping that the resale (and subsequent secret sales) will be a case of those that really want to go, get to go.

While I've read that many of those on these forums don't get tickets in October, I've not seen as many disappointed in April.

It could be that they choose not to post but I'm going to believe that if you try hard enough you'll ultimately be successful.

It's annoying that the place you want to go most in the world, you can only do if you get lucky.

If you dream of Ibiza / Florida / Dubai etc all year you can go as long as you can afford it. But if Glastonbury is what you think of all year long, you have to get lucky.

Cant complain too much as at least I've been, but maybe knowing what you are missing makes it worse.

10 hours ago, cammie81 said:

It's annoying that the place you want to go most in the world, you can only do if you get lucky.

If you dream of Ibiza / Florida / Dubai etc all year you can go as long as you can afford it. But if Glastonbury is what you think of all year long, you have to get lucky.

Cant complain too much as at least I've been, but maybe knowing what you are missing makes it worse.

Yep, so much harder as we know what we're missing. The not knowing if you'll be there this year is a pain too. Gotta be positive though eh. Good vibes people

Edited by Perks

If anyone wants any help i'm more than happy to help in resale. If i remember someone usually starts a new 'happy to help' thread day before resale day,i will certainly be trying for as many people as possible. Feel free to message me,or add on facebook whatever suits.

I've been reading this forum since 2011 though very rarely post. I absolutely love the Glasto vibe that stays alive all year round. 

I'll be trying in the resale this year having failed in October for the first time ever. I guess I couldn't carry on getting lucky every year. I'm so nervous about the resale, but can't help but continue to read the ongoing headliner and self confirmation threads on here :D ***positive Glasto resale vibes please people***

Thanks for starting this thread @DaveyGee.  I am in the same boat.  Would love the announcements if I knew I was going.  Now I try not to pay too much attention….

First time ever having to try the resale.  My hopes diminished after a comment from Emily Eavis a while back that it would only be a couple of thousand tickets.  Feeling a bit better after reading encouraging comments in this thread.

3 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Thanks for starting this thread @DaveyGee.  I am in the same boat.  Would love the announcements if I knew I was going.  Now I try not to pay too much attention….

First time ever having to try the resale.  My hopes diminished after a comment from Emily Eavis a while back that it would only be a couple of thousand tickets.  Feeling a bit better after reading encouraging comments in this thread.

You're welcome Watergirl, i just wish we were discussing something more positive like what we are most looking forward to this year knowing it is a certainty.

Is it too dramatic to say that if i don't go this year there will be a huge void in my life? And this is from someone who went for the first time last year. It's certainly got a hold of me!!! :D

Very best of luck to you all in the resale.

Haven't been on the forums for a while, mainly because these threads pain me as I'm in the same boat living in dread and fear for April re-sales.

I've only been twice. 2014 I got lucky in the re-sale and last year I got through in October. It defintiely doesn't help knowing so many friends got through this year. Guess it's down to the ticket Gods now in April. Positive thoughts everyone :)

My first year didn't even get a sniff of the first page in the main sale but on resale got my ticket instantly. Just bear in mind the main sale in October only involves a £50 refundable deposit. The resale requires true commitment. And even so if you are unlucky there are the secret resales which have resulted in many getting tickets. Keep the faith, been there my first time and even though I didn't know what I was in for I remained truly confident I would get a ticket and I did. 

That simple field in Pilton is a fucking life changer. 

Been a strange year since not getting tickets in the original sale. First time in 5 years we hadn't got tickets, had to plan holidays etc. But kept the glasto week and trying to remain positive at all times. A horrible feeling though if we were unsuccessful in the resale and then the secret sales I think I'd just cry all week 

So nervous about resale day as I got nowhere in October. Have been going with just my daughter since she was 10 years of age and its become a real Dad and daughter event. With her now being 16 I know my days of attending with her will be coming to an end soon and the thought of missing out is heart breaking

41 minutes ago, meirionw said:

So nervous about resale day as I got nowhere in October. Have been going with just my daughter since she was 10 years of age and its become a real Dad and daughter event. With her now being 16 I know my days of attending with her will be coming to an end soon and the thought of missing out is heart breaking

Is there another book in it? Your last one was one of two in the niche "middle aged man going to Glastonbury for the first time in 2010 with his daughter called Beth" genre.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

On 21 February 2016 at 0:15 AM, cammie81 said:

Drunk. Watching Glastonbury videos (around the site more than actual performances). 

Got to go.

Ditto, so far Jamie XX and Spiritualised at The Park!!

Epic. 

The Law of attraction must apply, surely :unsure:

12 hours ago, Stu16 said:

Daft question but will we know the full line up before re-sale day(s)?

I reckon they'll be a poster. According to thingy (http://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html) there's been a poster before resale in 2014 & 2015. I'm of the opinion that line up or no line up before resale it's going to be a nightmare getting them. But someone's gotta get some, let's hope it's us lot. I would love to know when the resale is though. Need to make plans!