Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think I've seen My Chemical Romance and Kate Nash at the Apollo, and that's it. Both were, of course, incredible.

I don't doubt that they were! (except Kate Nash).

The Apollo has been very good to me, now that I think of it. Off the top of my head I've seen there; Funeral For A Friend, LCD Soundsystem + Hot Chip, The Smashing Pumpkins, Flaming Lips, The Cribs, Sufjan Stevens, Massive Attack + Young Fathers, and Paul Simon. It's a nice venue inside, and if you have the O2 app then the drink prices aren't too bad for a big venue. I've had a few beefs with security being dicks though.

6 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Shall I get you your slippers and Pipe, old man?

That would have hit home much harder if you hadn't just mentioned Nick Cave, Seasick Steve, Black Keys and Nathanial Ratecliff. 

Managed to get through on the Saturday and I see there's a £28.75 option which there wasn't when I got through for the Sunday (just £38.75 and £46.25 - got the former). Did they sell out before I got through or were they never an option for the Sunday (which would be weird)?

edit: never mind, they've popped up for the Sunday now. Annoying, but I think my seats are pretty decent so can't complain.

Edited by FloorFiller

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you rather sit down for a band like Sigur Ros?

because in the words of that scotch tit: FREEEDOMMMMM.

Standing you have the freedom to find yourself a good spot, it's easier to go to the bar, go for a piss (and not have other people going to the bar, going for a piss and disturbing you). Plus you dont know who you might end up sat next to. Might be something ghastly like a talker/someone with BO/a vaccines fan etc. 

the question is, why WOULD you rather sit down?

Edited by russycarps