Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

It's amazing how much detective work I am prepared to do when I have many important things to actually do today. I'm inclined to agree with you @calaix...

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Beyond gutted - I've just been told I can't have the time off. I've just started a new job and there's too many people off that week already.

Can't catch a break this year :(

Rubbish! That's such a shame. Glastonbury?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

It's amazing how much detective work I am prepared to do when I have many important things to actually do today. I'm inclined to agree with you @calaix...

Rubbish! That's such a shame. Glastonbury?

I don't have a ticket. And I have little hope of getting one.

Hope Latitude comes up trumps or something.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't have a ticket. And I have little hope of getting one.

Hope Latitude comes up trumps or something.

You only need two days (in fact once I managed to just tke the Friday off and arrived on Thursday at 9pm)

I'd be tempted to accidentally fall ill...

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

it's huge if it's actually real. the Chinese Democracy of electronic music might finally be coming out, and seeing them live would be insane

12 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Check out Best Kept Secret. Mega cheap.

BKS is amazing! Great atmosphere, great bands and the best food I've ever had on a festival. It's my favorite, but I couldn't go last year and I can't go this year either...

Edited by neontiger8

One small downpoint, assuming the list of 'Parc' bands is marked as Raval, it is a pretty poor lineup for these afternoon park gigs.

Also it seems that they have moved them away from the Parc de la Ciutadella, as that is not in Raval.

Back to Parc Juan Miro like a few years back maybe??

Honestly it's the best festival I've ever been to and by far. Negatives: accommodation not cheap (unless you share an apartment), drinks at the site not cheap, the placement of the main two stages means they are a little lacking in atmosphere, the food on site (unless you take your own in) is pretty average at best, there's the occasional soundbleed between two of the stages, you got some people (usually Spanish) talking during gigs, it's quite tiring to be standing on concrete for up to 10 hours. Positives: absolutely everything else, which is mindblowingly good.

Edited by calaix

19 minutes ago, calaix said:

One small downpoint, assuming the list of 'Parc' bands is marked as Raval, it is a pretty poor lineup for these afternoon park gigs.

Also it seems that they have moved them away from the Parc de la Ciutadella, as that is not in Raval.

Back to Parc Juan Miro like a few years back maybe??

Parc de Joan Miro is in Sants so I'll assume it's macba and rambla del rival. Parc de la cuitadella will probably have acts on early on the Saturday.

Edited by StephenF

now that i've taken in how fantastic the lineup is, i'm noticing the omissions that i thought were gonna be there, namely for me, At the Drive-In, Sufjan Stevens and Deafheaven. they would take the lineup to insane levels for me, but ah well, can't win 'em all

Edited by FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, calaix said:

Honestly it's the best festival I've ever been too and by far. Negatives: accommodation not cheap (unless you share an apartment), drinks at the site not cheap, the placement of the main two stages means they are a little lacking in atmosphere, the food on site (unless you take your own in) is pretty average at best, there's the occasional soundbleed between two of the stages, you got some people (usually Spanish) talking during gigs, it's quite tiring to be standing on concrete for up to 10 hours. Positives: absolutely everything else that is mindblowingly good.

thanks! those seem like very minor negatives to me so that's great!

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

now that i've taken in how fantastic the lineup is, i'm noticing the omissions that i thought were gonna be there, namely for me, At the Drive-In, Sufjan Stevens and Deafheaven. they would take the lineup to insane levels for me, but ah well, can't win 'em all

Sufjan is playing Sasquatch in the US a few days beofre, isn't he? also played Barcelona and Madrid last September. He was always a longshot.

Just now, yaniv297 said:

Sufjan is playing Sasquatch in the US a few days beofre, isn't he? also played Barcelona and Madrid last September. He was always a longshot.

didn't know that! just always assumed he was a shoe in for Prima once i saw he was doing festivals, although now looks like he'll only be doing them in the US

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

Does Primavera Porto ever have big names that aren't playing the Barcelona one? Or should I just assume some out of PJ Harvey, Sigur Ros, Air, Brian Wilson, TLSP and Beach House are topping the bill there?

Not really, Porto got death cab for cutie, Barcelona didn't. But death cab are a bit shite, so no real loss :D Porto will have Radiohead but Brian Wilson and LCD are unlikely

13 minutes ago, calaix said:

Honestly it's the best festival I've ever been to and by far. Negatives: accommodation not cheap (unless you share an apartment), drinks at the site not cheap, the placement of the main two stages means they are a little lacking in atmosphere, the food on site (unless you take your own in) is pretty average at best, there's the occasional soundbleed between two of the stages, you got some people (usually Spanish) talking during gigs, it's quite tiring to be standing on concrete for up to 10 hours. Positives: absolutely everything else, which is mindblowingly good.

personally I find the lack of camping to be a downside, but to each is own.

The two main stages are against each other, which means there's no waiting time, but also you can't get a good spot for 2 shows in a row, unless you leave one of them early. I had to leave Interpol 5 songs before the end in order to get a semi-decent spot for the Strokes...

Audience is decent, we had singalongs to the Replacements and Mac DeMarco.

Concrete is indeed tiring.

Walk from the main stages to the other ones is quite long.

You forgot the biggest downside: 6-7 stages means clashes from hell... be ready for some heartbreaking decisions :(

Edited by yaniv297

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

thanks! those seem like very minor negatives to me so that's great!

As much as I respect Glastonbury which has a superb lineup always, camping is exhausting once you reach a certain ago, the weather is often atrocious unlike suny Barcelona and it takes a long time getting in and out of the site.

I could put up with all of that but what I can't is that distances are so massive you end up missing so much of what you'd like to see. Primavera, it's just over 10 mins at a brisk pace from one end to the other. Also at Primavera you can usually turn up pretty late on before for a gig and still get near enough the front.