Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

I've dug into the 'lower tier' bands a bit and there is an awful lot of variety and interesting stuff on this line up! Never been to Primevera before and had no idea it was so eclectic. Lots of really weird and wonderful stuff buried within the line up. 

Edited by Yesiamaduck

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Yesiamaduck said:

I've dug into the 'lower tier' bands a bit and there is an awful lot of variety and interesting stuff on this line up! Never been to Primevera before and had no idea it was so eclectic. Lots of really weird and wonderful stuff buried within the line up. 

There is truly something for everyone and incredible strength in depth. Welcome to the fold...

Yeah pretty much certain it applied to other drinks too. Not certain on wine though but think so on spirits.

Also I don't think you can buy cava anywhere other than VIP. It was I think 2 euros last year (!) and felt kind of wrong (in a good way) to stroll around at a music festival with it.

22 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Angel Witch will be fun if you like your 80's metal that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Venom as well!

The NWOBHM revival starts at Primavera 2016!!! 

Hopefully Tygers of Pang Tang are up for headlining next year 

Been offline for a couple of days and was wondering why the thread had gone crazy.

I see now ... Wow!

I'm kinda glad that I booked Porto ... the clashes would drive me insane.

I'd be really disappointed if we don't get PJ Harvey, but after that any of the above will suit me fine and dandy.

Let Porto Shake ...

1 hour ago, calaix said:

A new PJ Harvey song is out there. Will give it few more spins but disappointing to my ears. Sounds like a song that wouldn't have made the quality cut on the last album.

Catching up listening to new stuff during night shift, didn't really stand out for me on first listen. Had however just listened to the new Fat White Family album which sounds fantastic 

For those wondering, Primavera Al Raval would be in clubs, not outdoors. Here's the poster:

Imagen

Both la Sala Apolo and La [2] de Apolo aren't technically in the Raval, but I guess it would do.
CCCB is where Sónar day normally takes place and it's close to MACBA, the modern art moseum in El Raval.

7 minutes ago, calaix said:

Yeah, strange. I suppose a band is a lot of moving parts and a million reasons why they might not play somewhere.

how deep. how concrete. wow.

they would fit perfect for primavera + historically those shoegaze reunions always played primavera + at the same weekend they're playing a festival nearby = they're not on the poster.

yes. strange math.

Edited by slowdive

12 minutes ago, slowdive said:

ok, if it was't sarcasm: how ist something 'strange' if your're able explain it right in the next sentence?

It was writing as a stream of consciousness. I agreed with you it was strange. And then the more I thought about it, the more I realised that a large ensemble of people might not be able to make it to Barcelona for a fixed date, irrespective of the opportunity and money. You might call it stating the obvious but I wrote to express my thought that bands are just people subject to the same pressures of life.

I don't use sarcasm to people I don't know unless someone had said something particularly idiotic or provocative.

Your comment was completely normal and sensible.

Edited by calaix