Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

Yeah, Thursday is absolutely brutally good. Going to see Radiohead will necessitate getting their really early and at least Friday is a bit less packed.

One option for some is to find a fest with a similar lineup to at least remove some of the pain. I'll go to Field Day in London and see all the bands that overlap there.

To whoever takes time out of their day to downvote almost every comment I make, have you thought about getting a life?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Yep, Radiohead aside, Friday seems to be the weakest. Don't care much for either Beach House, Animal Collective or LSP. Would love to see Beirut, Dinosaour Jr, Savages and Titus, but could live without them. Getting a good spot for Radiohead will be brutal.

The Saturday is the weakest for me. Not bothered about PJ or Sigur Ros and Brian Wilson is the only must see on that day for me. I'll have to hope Richard Hawley gets a good spot and hope I come across something to my liking in the months running up to the festival.

I really hope I'll be able to see Tame Impala and LCD Soundsystem on Thursday. Seeing Suede, Protomartyr and Daughter would be great too! I think this is going to be the day with the least painful clashes.

Friday is going to be problematic for me. I really want to see Radiohead, TLSP, Beach House and Beirut. And hopefully I'll be able to see Savages as well.

I really want to see a lot of the Saturday acts so there will be quite a few I'll miss. If I got the maximum of luck on my side I'll be able to see Sigur Rós, Brian Wilson,  Moderat, Deerhunter and Julia Holter. Apart from them Ty Segall, Richard Hawley and Parquet Courts would be great!

I still have to listen to a lot of Saturday stuff, but PJ (assuming new album is good) and Wilson are a must see, and Sigur Ros could be great.

Any recommendation for a good Hawley album? preferably one he'll actually play songs from.

I love Deerhunter but a bit afraid of how sloppy they are live. Liked Julia Holter too, will give the Wilderness album a few more spins. Heard some Jehu but seems a bit heavy to my taste. Don't know the rest so feel free to recommend! Is Ty Segall good?

Great that everyone has different preferences.

For Saturday discothequedave, on't know what she's like live but Juia Holter's last album is classy. And Deerhunter always!

If you're hanging around neontiger, Ty Segall and Parquet Courts are playing Sunday also.

Ty Segall is pretty good I think, I've listened to Manipulator quite a few times. Don't really know what Richard Hawley's going to play, but I listened to a few of his albums and it sounded great.

Edit: Ow and the last album by Daughter is amazing too, really good!

Edited by neontiger8

The acts I most want to see / would recommend are:

Thursday - LCD, Tame Impala, Vince Staples, Protomartyr, Thee Oh Sees, Neon Indian, Empress Of, Beach Slang, Hudson Mohawke (and a load of others to be honest)

Friday - Radiohead, Jay Rock, DJ Koze, Dinosaur Jr, Savages, Beach House (plenty of other things I like but the weakest day for me)

Saturday - PJ Harvey, Pusha T, Moderat, Deerhunter, Wild Nothing, Brian Wilson, Chairlift

Thursday - LCD Soundsystem, Tame Impala, Explosions In The Sky, Kamasi Washington, John Carpenter, Neon Indian, Daughter, Floating Points, Algiers, Car Seat Headrest, Julien Baker

Friday - Radiohead, The Last Shadow Puppets, Beach House, Beirut, Animal Collective, Maceo Plex, Richard Dawson

Saturday - Sigur Ros, Brian Wilson, Action Bronson, Moderat, Deerhunter, Julia Holter, Pantha Du Prince, Wild Nothing 

Thursday is brutal. Also seeing all of Radiohead, Beach House, Beirut and Animal Collective might be difficult. 

1 hour ago, yaniv297 said:

Any recommendation for a good Hawley album? preferably one he'll actually play songs from.

I love setlist.fm - if you click on an artist, then artist Stats, and a year, you can get an average setlist that they are currently playing. A lot of bands have new albums out - hence why they're touring, so will change nearer the time, but it's a great tool to avoid disappointment, and get acquainted with a band in a short time.

Here's Richard Hawley's for the last year. I think he's just released a single from his last album, so I would expect this to be reasonably close. Also worth checking out actual festival sets for some artists, as some will play shorter sets with more hits (and you get to see who really won't compromise!)

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/richard-hawley-7bd69654.html?year=2015

21 minutes ago, calaix said:

Can't compete with what is clearly a bladder of steel!

there was quite a lot of us staying there the full 12-13 hours and survived in terms of our bladders. i think it helped it was really really sunny and it was outside. but what im saying is that you should drink a bit, not much, just a bit regularly. 

I was absolutely stupid and drank a whole beer right before Ride's set. Second song in and I desperately have to pee. Realize I can't take it for 1:30 hours. Goes to pee. Goes back and fight furiously, pushing way too many people than I'm proud of, to get my spot back. Luckily the crowd wasn't over excited so I managed to get an even better spot. Show was great.

6 hours ago, calaix said:

Yeah, Thursday is absolutely brutally good. Going to see Radiohead will necessitate getting their really early and at least Friday is a bit less packed.

One option for some is to find a fest with a similar lineup to at least remove some of the pain. I'll go to Field Day in London and see all the bands that overlap there.

To whoever takes time out of their day to downvote almost every comment I make, have you thought about getting a life?

Alot of talk about getting there early for radiohead, I'm assuming this just means getting to the front? Radiohead are one of my favourite bands, but i'm very much a sit at the back and have a beer kind of guy.