Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking ahead to packing requirements for Porto, what's the weather usually like there?

I imagine it's very pleasant during the day, but does it get cold at night?

And what's the likelihood of rain?

Cheers B)

Porto is a fantastic city. Can be fine weather and you'd hope for sun in June. It is warmer than the UK but definitely colder than Barcelona. Have a decent coat for the evening.

It is an atlantic climate though and expect rain, possibly lashings of it. Porto region is very green for a reason...

11 minutes ago, calaix said:

Ticket prices were to go up in May...assuming it didn't sell out.

However it sold out. Hardly surprising, as it has probably the best lineup of any festival wordwide and an up-and-coming band not many people have heard yet called Radiohead.

Aw well I've mega fucked up I didn't get a ticket :(

They've been on sale for over 6 months so it's unfortunate you've missed out.

You will be unlikely to pick one up now unless you pay a small fortune or are very lucky.

The market will likely have a small flood of tickets in the week of people whose plans have changed at the last minute and who arejust happy to get their money back. I'd say then is the time to buy.

This strategy is ony for the brave!

13 hours ago, calaix said:

Porto is a fantastic city. Can be fine weather and you'd hope for sun in June. It is warmer than the UK but definitely colder than Barcelona. Have a decent coat for the evening.

It is an atlanticclimate though and expect rain, possibly lashings of it. Porto region is very green for a reason...

Thanks for that. I live in Wales at the moment so well adapted to rain, although a break from it would be nice.

I'll follow my usual festival strategy when packing - hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Heading for my 6th Primavera in a row so know the ropes pretty well by now (and happy to try to answer any questions).  One thing I have struggled with is the auditorium.  I got into John Cale in 2011 and the Big Star show in 2012 but that was more luck than planning.  I expect Suede will be there on the Thursday this year.  Will I need to queue in advance?  While I am here, the "secret stage" has also remained a bit of a mystery.  Were Battles and Peter Hook in there last year?  I didn't know where to queue.

Auditori - queue if popular/later, otherwise no need. Suede should be less popular than normal having played the night before and against some stiff competition.

Secret Stage - read the announcement on the official site. Probably have to get to the site extremely early, queue and be lucky as such a small venue.

For Peter Hook the ticket booth was on the map but hard to find, there was a load of multicoloured cushions there last year. We'd already exchanged our tickets so walked straight in, plenty of people caught up getting into the site missed out.

Last year for Pastels, Vaselines etc. the booth as just as you walked past the shops and food hall, to your right, just past the Rayban Unplugged stage. Tickets were available at 5pm-ish.