DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, calaix said:

I'm just being contrarian but I think any kind of ticket touting is unreasonable, even if not by initial design.

If you're a fan of music and you can't go, you can sell the ticket to another fan, make them happy and get all of your money back. Seems like a win-win.

I agree with you. As I say, don't shoot the messenger! I understand him wanting to get some additional money back on it given that he's booked flights which it has cost him £60 to transfer. But yes, I hate touting. And it's pissed me off as it's my stag do that he's cancelling, even though it is for good reasons.

He wanted to put it on Seatwave for £350 but I convinced him that I'd try on here for cheaper first. I'm not trying to rip anyone off at all, just trying to find a middle ground for this.

22 minutes ago, calaix said:

Totally not aimed at you - can see you're just trying to help a mate.

What an amazing place to have a stag!

I know - it's a tricky one as I can see what he's trying to do but fundamentally, I do agree!

Hee Hee - I keep telling people that I've got Radiohead and LCD Soundsystem to play at my stag do. Well, it's technically true ;-)

Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a long time but haven't had the chance to post here yet.

I booked a double room for 3 nights (Thursday-Saturday) that I would like to share at the Hilton Diagonal, which is right in front of the Forum.

Of course the big advantage is that you don't need to wait in 4 in the morning for cabs to take you to the city center.

I booked it in advance so the price is pretty cheap for this accommodation per person- 217 euros for all the weekend (twin room).

Here's the hotel - 

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hilton-diagonal-mar-barcelona.en-gb.html

PM if you're interested. :-)

10 hours ago, calaix said:

You can't have clicked my link properly. It was showing Thurs&Sat last night, Thurs&Sat this morning and only Thurs tonight.

I was only trying to help you but you can insist you're right if you want...

Yea - you posted the link at 00:37 - and the Saturday tickets didn't sell out until around 18:50 later that day...

Thanks beatkeeper. Not great being (wrongly) contradicted by someone you've gone to some trouble to help (I also checked that the purchase would go all the way through).

On a Primavera tip again, some acts don't translate well to a live setting. As much as I love some of Beach House's music, they're not the most engaging live.

Anyone have any tips for this year's bands that are better live than on record? Thee Oh Sees and Boredoms spring to mind...Who else?

9 minutes ago, calaix said:

Thanks beatkeeper. Not great being (wrongly) contradicted by someone you've gone to some trouble to help (I also checked that the purchase would go all the way through).

On a Primavera tip again, some acts don't translate well to a live setting. As much as I love some of Beach House's music, they're not the most engaging live.

Anyone have any tips for this year's bands that are better live than on record? Thee Oh Sees and Boredoms spring to mind...Who else?

Maybe an obvious one, but Battles. Titus Andronicus might fall into that category too. 

Have to admit, I am really unfamiliar with loads of acts on the bill. I mean, I've heard of Savages, Beach House and quite a few others but haven't heard a single note of their music !  Normally I don't dig this situation, I like to know the songs I am listening to. But now I'm older, I'm quite looking forward to it. I actually think it was seeing Les Savy Fav at Duckworth about 6 years ago without having heard them previously that triggered the shift. It's not much of a festival if you only stick to the acts you've heard of.

I've been going through the line up, reading the spiel, then checking them out on You Tube.