Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

Moderat are definitely going to be playing the set before DJ Coco, right?

The new album will sound great and I heard they're special live, I missed them in 2014.

I just hope it's on the Ray-Ban not that other stage (ATP? I can never remember what they're calling it now).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" in keeping with the scale of the venues, the group will be performing without the string and brass sections that have been characteristic of recent performances, opting instead to focus on the core unit of the band itself. "

Sigur Ros.

Primavera has a big stage so they won't have to "keep with the scale of the venue".

I dunno, usually electronic acts get late night spots in Primavera. They seem perfect for the 3am Ray-Ban slot (played last year by Caribou and Ratatat). Although they could play as early as 00:40 (Simian Mobile Disco and Dan Deacon last year).

It's hard to think of an electronic act playing early at Primavera, other than Panda Bear at the Auditori (which they probably won't play).

Just now, yaniv297 said:

I dunno, usually electronic acts get late night spots in Primavera. They seem perfect for the 3am Ray-Ban slot (played last year by Caribou and Ratatat). Although they could play as early as 00:40 (Simian Mobile Disco and Dan Deacon last year).

It's hard to think of an electronic act playing early at Primavera, other than Panda Bear at the Auditori (which they probably won't play).

Panda Bear isn't as club-oriented.

I still think it will be Moderat, they wouldn't play before 1am anyway. 

That last slot for the last three years has been an electronic act of a decent size with some crossover appeal (Hot Chip, Cut Copy and Caribou). They're a perfect fit for that and I can't see any others?

Yeah Moderat looks pretty set for that late night Ray Ban slot.

I actually wonder where Richard Hawley fits in? Could go anywhere from early main stages to Ray Ban 'headliner' to ATP, maybe even Auditori...

Also we'll have Drive Like Jehu/Ty Segall/Action Bronson/Pusha T/Deerhunter/Julia Holter, probably all in either ATP or Ray Ban (or earlier in the main stages). That day seems the most unpredictable, schedule wise.

On 5 April 2016 at 8:39 AM, Noeliam said:

" in keeping with the scale of the venues, the group will be performing without the string and brass sections that have been characteristic of recent performances, opting instead to focus on the core unit of the band itself. "

Sigur Ros.

Primavera has a big stage so they won't have to "keep with the scale of the venue".

I wonder if that was just relevant to their small American dates. I hope they still have the string and brass sections for Primavera. 

There's a good thread on Reddit pulling all the Radiohead album new together. Likelihood for that album will be May. I wouldn't expect LCD soundsystem to release the new album any time soon - would have thought they've been concentrating on getting the live gigs ready before recording.

I still don't think that lineup poster with the "Since I Left You" anagram was simply a fake. It appeared at the same time as the full poster and had a Radiohead watermark all over it for some reason.

Then again, this time last year I was convinced the Friday headliner was still to be announced as no way it could actually be Alt-J :P

Edited by weston24

8 minutes ago, StephenF said:

Dave...wasn't it you that posted the society fun lie poster? Did you have an inside source? :ph34r:

Not me mate. Wish I could take the credit.

Listened to the album again last night for the first time in ages. Brilliant piece of work. Great addition.

I watched Gabi's periscope chat. He was inviting questions from people. A lot of them were of the do you like x group, will they play? variety. He did say Kamasi Washington in the auditorium and that there will be a ticketed show there, perhaps that one (says me). Avalanches 2am RayBan. He hates Weezer. Grimes pissed him off last time she played, with her show.  Sufjan was close to coming. Times out in May. He's going to ATM Vs FCB tomorrow, that's all I remember!