• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, weston24 said:

Thanks for the info!

Not only do we get The Avalanches but they're also on the best stage. May get pretty full down there though? I assumed they'd go on after Radiohead on the Heineken.

It's going to be fully packed. Last year the Rayban was ridiculously packed for Ratatat and Caribou, and I'm pretty sure the Avalanches are a step above these two. I thought they'll get the main stage too (like Underworld last year).

Maybe, maybe it will be slightly less packed if they play right after Radiohead (drawing a huge crowd too), so many people will miss the beginning/get lazy to walk there after Radiohead.

Edited by yaniv297

8 hours ago, weston24 said:

18 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

re Avalanches at 2am on RayBan, I hope I heard him right, there's nothing in writing about it. It would fit though. Agree with above comment on crowds but given the "Mordor" stages have to finish at 2am (with Radiohead) then RayBan is the best option, isn't it? 

You're wrong, the main stages finish at 3am, not 2. See last year's schedule - Underworld finished at 3, Alt-J and James Black 2:45.

Last year it was:

The Strokes 23:45 - 1:15

Underworld 1:30 - 3:00

I think the most logical solution is that one, with Radiohead replacing the Strokes and Avalanches replacing Underworld. (Maybe Radiohead getting an extra 15 minutes as their catalog is huge).

I can't help but think the Avalanches at Ray Ban will be a complete nightmare, crowd wise. Going to be packed all the way to the food court above.

Edited by yaniv297

Thanks for clarifying :)

Either way it will be great, either on the best stage the Ray-Ban where it may be busy but manageable I'm sure if they're planning for it ( I got a good spot on the floor for Caribou by turning up 10 mins early), or the Heineken where I'm sure the atmosphere would be good enough to make up for the less inspiring surroundings.

Both better options than ATP where I always struggle to get a satisfying spot.

9 minutes ago, weston24 said:

Both better options than ATP where I always struggle to get a satisfying spot.

I actually find the ATP easier, got good spots for Belle & Sebastian and Spiritualized last year.

Ray Ban has the advantage of being able to sit on the stairs if you're lazy...

37 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

I actually find the ATP easier, got good spots for Belle & Sebastian and Spiritualized last year.

Ray Ban has the advantage of being able to sit on the stairs if you're lazy...

I've ended up annoyingly wide for so many sets at ATP over the years, James Blake, B&S, Hot Chip and others.

Ray-Ban has my favourite atmosphere easily, Crystal Castles and Caribou there two of my PS highlights.

Tried to play around with the Clashfinder a bit. Tell me what you think. This is all a complete educated guess, and I got too lazy to do the smaller stages. Also, the early bands for the main stage were chosen kind of randomly, as I have absolutely no idea how they choose those.

I put the Avalanches where I think they'll fit, despite the guy saying Rayban...

Edited by yaniv297

Listening back to some of the Gabi chat from last night...

caveat - timetables are not yet fixed and subject to change due to flights and whatnot but he defo said Avalanches around 2.00am in RayBan ;)

Daughter, Brian Wilson and Beach House all on big stages

Show he's most looking forward to is John Carpenter which will be electronica-oriented on late on a big stage (like yaniv's clashfinder above)

There will be some changes in the layout that might be announced next week, he did say there are 15 stages (!). Did I hear that right? Don't know how that can be unless you are counting stuff in the city.

still has a few aces up his sleeve but might be just gigs in the city during the week

the one group he missed out on booking over the years is REM

next year maybe Justice, Bon Iver

22 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Yeah it's absolutely mad. I think this is maybe the best festival line up our generation has seen. I'd like to see a better one thats for sure. 

If I hadn't have already booked PS I'd have been going to NOS Alive this year. All a matter of taste I know but that is the best line up I've ever seen.

9 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

If I hadn't have already booked PS I'd have been going to NOS Alive this year. All a matter of taste I know but that is the best line up I've ever seen.

Yeah the two headliners are my favourite two live bands ever at NOS Alive. But NOS has a ton of great acts you can catch at a lot of festivals - Tame Impala, Foals, Chemical Brothers, M83. Whereas Primavera has some really special acts that don't do festivals all the time - Brian Wilson on maybe his last ever tour, Avalanches, Sigur Ros, Air....

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Would be pretty amazing to see them at Sala Apolo - whats the best way of getting in again? I remember seeing Ty Segall there in 2014 and it was pretty epic, but nothing like the demand that The Avalanches would bring and I can't remember how we ended up going, whether it was ticketed or we just queued up....

Ty Segall was awesome!! We attempted to get into cloud nothings beforehand but failed miserably :( Chromeo was not as good :D I know that the VIPs get priority access...so if your a pleb like me, with standard ticket....I'd rule out avalanches at apolo:(