Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

On 3/15/2016 at 8:58 AM, Orens said:

The three Israeli bands picked to perform as a part of the Primavera Pro showcase were announced:

Tiny Fingers

Cut Out Club

Noga Erez

The Israelis performed on Thursday over the past two years of the showcase, which also has its own stage inside the Forum (not so far from the main stages).

I don't get this, do they pick three Israeli bands every year or something?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love it when acts that are playing away from the forum put out good new stuff as I can get excited without worrying about clashes. Jessy Lanza, Parquet Courts, Baywaves and Andy Shauf all have great new tracks out this week or recently.

My biggest worries for clashes are

having to miss Protomartyr and/or Vince Staples for Tame Impala and LCD

having to miss Royal Headache for Radiohead

having to miss Pusha T for PJ Harvey

Edited by weston24

Howdy! Longshot but I'm looking to sell a weekend pass and a room in the Gothic Quarter :) Dates are 31st May to 7th of June. My friend has had to pull out and is just looking to recoup some losses. The ticket is €185 and the flat is £210. We can also provide the flight (it's a Ryanair flight from Edinburgh 0630 to BCN and return 1030 BN to Edinburgh) which would be €110 for the name change :) I know it's a long shot but we're not willing to sell the ticket on its own at the moment........throw a PM if your interested.

On 23.3.2016 at 7:19 PM, chewsavedlatin said:

I don't get this, do they pick three Israeli bands every year or something?

Primavera Sound are throwing a showcase at Primavera Pro, which is also held at the Forum (last year on the H&M Pro stage, not far from the main stages). Every year they pick 2-3 bands from each country that participates in it.
I heard about the Israeli ones before Primavera posted the full showcase picks on its website, so there it is.

35 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Brian Wilson tour started yesterday, played 38 songs :oSetlist is just insanity. How much time do you think he'll get in Primavera? How do you cut all this greatness to one hour?

Wow. You'd imagine it'd be a run through of 19-37 from that list with a couple from the first lot thrown in for good measure. One of the top 5 acts I'm looking forward to.

*BRIAN WILSON SPOILERS BELOW*

Yeah, 19-37 is pretty much guaranteed (only song I can see cut is maybe 'All Summer Long'). From the beginning, I think the first 5 tunes will be kept, and also 'Little Deuce Coupe' 'Than He Kissed Me' 'Surfer Girl', 'Don't Worry Baby'  and maybe 'In My Room' have a great chance of making it. Here's hoping the Blonde Chaplin songs get cut. So basically...

1. Our Prayer/Heroes and Villians

2. California Girls

3. Dance Dance Dance

4. I Get Around

5. Little Deuce Coupe

6. Than he Kissed Me

7. Surfer Girl

8. Don't Worry Baby

9-21. Pet Sounds

22. Good Vibrations

23-28. Encore.

28 songs is a bit tight, but a lot of these songs are really short (most of the early tracks are under 2 minutes) and none of them are really long. If he gets 1:15, which he probably will, he can probably fit all these. Maybe cut 'Than He Kissed Me' or 'Surfer Girl' if time's tight.

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Only because I booked it months and months ago we got a great rate at the Hilton. One of my wiser decisions. If we get the right room we might even be able to see the main stage. 

I've booked that Hilton too - booked as soon as the rooms came available!

last year we had a nightmare with apartments being double booked, then the one we were moved to flooded 5 minutes after we arrived!

so taking no risks by staying at a massive chain this year.

32 minutes ago, beatkeeper said:

I've booked that Hilton too - booked as soon as the rooms came available!

last year we had a nightmare with apartments being double booked, then the one we were moved to flooded 5 minutes after we arrived!

so taking no risks by staying at a massive chain this year.

Only 9 euros for a pint in the hotel bar :-o

Edited by DiscothequeDave

17 hours ago, neontiger8 said:

A quick question from my side: How do you get back to the hotel from the festival? I assume that the metro won't be running anymore when the festival ends.

By the way: I can hardly wait until the festival begins :)

There's a shuttles from the festival to the city center, however there's a HUGE line for it (be prepared to wait a few buses) and it's crowded to death inside (you can barely move) so it's not a pleasant ride. You can take a taxi but this is difficult as well as there are loads of competition for them. The most pleasent way is to have a close hotel and walk... or party until morning when the metro is back.

24 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

There's a shuttles from the festival to the city center, however there's a HUGE line for it (be prepared to wait a few buses) and it's crowded to death inside (you can barely move) so it's not a pleasant ride. You can take a taxi but this is difficult as well as there are loads of competition for them. The most pleasent way is to have a close hotel and walk... or party until morning when the metro is back.

When I'm going to college the shuttles are usually fully packed as was, so that would be new to me. Partying until the metro is back would be a great option as well. I think I'm going to try the shuttles first and if it doesn't work we'll walk back.

Thanks for the info anyway!

On 3/29/2016 at 8:42 AM, yaniv297 said:

When's the busy times? I'm assuming straight after the headliners?

On 3/28/2016 at 3:29 PM, neontiger8 said:

A quick question from my side: How do you get back to the hotel from the festival? I assume that the metro won't be running anymore when the festival ends.

By the way: I can hardly wait until the festival begins :)

Wait in the taxi queue !
IT's really fun and long and stuff.

In all seriousness though if you walk up the really long 'AV Diagonal' which is the massive road the tram runs on from the beach into the city centre you'll find loads of taxi's trying to make it to said taxi rank but getting flagged before you get there.

Last year me and my better half made the mistake of waiting in the queue on the thursday night after Jungle finished.
we got home about 5 hours later..

The shuttle bus is also good but from memory it doesn't go everywhere, at least it didn't stop anywhere near where we were wanting to go!

I leave about half 4 normally, and I think we get a tram, what time do they start? Don't remember walking back or waiting around for taxis or anything in my 3 years attending.

Edit: it seems trams start about 5:20, will be doing that again probably.

Edited by weston24