Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got in for Cloud Nothings in 2014, just got in for the band before.

I hope The Avalanches set won't make it harder to see Parquet Courts or Ty Segall? I'll see The Avalanches at the forum but was counting on Sunday for the others.

Edited by weston24

11 hours ago, weston24 said:

I hope The Avalanches set won't make it harder to see Parquet Courts or Ty Segall? I'll see The Avalanches at the forum but was counting on Sunday for the others.

Parquet Courts have been removed from Sunday's line -up; it looks like they will only play Saturday.

http://lineup.primaverasound.es/2016_program?_ga=1.50623274.221732811.1447749529

2 hours ago, candle93 said:

So is it possible that i won't get in Wednesday and Sunday club gigs because of crowds? i'm worried about Avalanches, Ty Segall and Wind Atlas.

It's definitely possible, you'd want to be there early and hope that some of the VIP holders go home on the Sunday as they get immediate entry...the Avalanches will pretty much ensure that people with VIP passes still in the city will be there with bells on.

On 15 April 2016 at 4:06 PM, StephenF said:

It's definitely possible, you'd want to be there early and hope that some of the VIP holders go home on the Sunday as they get immediate entry...the Avalanches will pretty much ensure that people with VIP passes still in the city will be there with bells on.

Yeah I'm gonna queue from 3 hours before for that. I would know VIP get priority but would doors open same time for both VIP and non? At least that way not all the VIPs wanting to go might turn up when doors open. 

1 hour ago, yaniv297 said:

Sounding great. I just hope that Heroes cover was a one-off and not a permenant thing... would much rather an original, and nobody can really do Heroes justice anyway. 'All I Want' maybe?

I have to say, no-one can do it justice but they came as close as anyone can get. Would mind it to be permanent, but a more original cover would be better if they want to do one.

The set by Savages is really good as well!

Edited by neontiger8

Hi all,

Please feel free to delete this if you want or have a go at me for second-hand selling but I've had the opportunity to get a review pass for the festival (which is costing me £50 so it isn't a freebie) so I'm selling my original ticket for £180 if anyone is interested.

I can provide you with a copy of my passport and a letter authorising the transfer of the ticket to you - Primavera have said this is ok with them and I will be at the festival so if anyone needs me for anything (they won't) then I can come and help out.

PM me if you're interested...

Had a go at sorting out where each band would play, clashfinders seem very time consuming though:

Thursday:

Main Stages: Cass McCombs > Daughter > Vince Staples >  Air > Tame Impala > LCD Soundsystem

Rayban: Alberto Montero > the James Hunter Six > Mbongwana Star > Suede > Battles > John Carpenter > Optimo (Espacio)

ATP: Mueran Humanos > Beak > Loop > Thee Oh Sees > Explosions in the Sky

Pitchfork: Andy Shauf > Nothing Places > Car Seat Headrest > Beach Slang > Empress Of > Protomartyr > Destroyer > Neon Indian > Hudson Mohawke (DJ Set)

Auditori: Julien Baker > Alessandro Cortini > Floating Points > Kamasi Washington

Adidas: Autumn Comets > White Reaper > C+C = Maxigross > A.R. Kane > Algiers > Fasenuova > Har Mar Superstar > Holograma

Friday:

Main: Inspira > Jay Rock > Beirut > Beach House > the Last Shadow Puppets > Radiohead > Animal Collective

Rayban: Steve Gunn > Robert Forster > Ben Watt Band > Cabaret Voltaire > the Avalanches > Maceo Plex

ATP: Bardo Pond > Shellac > Tortoise > Dinosaur Jr. > Kiasmos

Pitchfork: Alex G > Sheer Mag > Shura > Moses Sumney > Nao >  Savages > Freddie Gibbs > Evian Christ > DJ Koze

Auditori: Richard Dawson > Lubomyr Melnyk > Holly Herndon > Selda

Adidas: Viva Belgrado > C. Tangana > Aliment > Cavern of Anti-Matter > Royal Headache > Dungen > Neil Michael Hagerty > Titus Andronicus

Saturday:

Main: Orchestra Baobab > Manel > Richard Hawley > Chairlift > Brian Wilson > PJ Harvey > Sigur Ros

Rayban: Joana Serrat > Los Chichos > Julia Holter > Pusha T > Action Bronson > Moderat > DJ Coco

ATP: Autolux >  Deerhunter > Boredoms > Drive Like Jehu > Pantha du Prince

Pitchfork: Pxxr Gang > U.S. Girls > Roosevelt > Parquet Courts > Ty Segall > Wild Nothing > Dam Funk > DJ Richard

Auditori: Baby Dee > Current 93 > Six Organs of Admittance > Angel Witch

Adidas: Saurs > Pajaro Jack > the Chills > Ho9909 > Jenny Hval > Unsane > Venom > Islam Chipsy & EEK

17 hours ago, foolsgold1981 said:

Hi all,

Please feel free to delete this if you want or have a go at me for second-hand selling but I've had the opportunity to get a review pass for the festival (which is costing me £50 so it isn't a freebie) so I'm selling my original ticket for £180 if anyone is interested.

I can provide you with a copy of my passport and a letter authorising the transfer of the ticket to you - Primavera have said this is ok with them and I will be at the festival so if anyone needs me for anything (they won't) then I can come and help out.

PM me if you're interested...

Try the PS Facebook page, loads of people needing tickets :)

On 4/13/2016 at 5:53 PM, obligatory username said:

7 hours ago, ZXCVBNM said:

Had a go at sorting out where each band would play, clashfinders seem very time consuming though:

Thursday:

Main Stages: Cass McCombs > Daughter > Vince Staples >  Air > Tame Impala > LCD Soundsystem

Rayban: Alberto Montero > the James Hunter Six > Mbongwana Star > Suede > Battles > John Carpenter > Optimo (Espacio)

ATP: Mueran Humanos > Beak > Loop > Thee Oh Sees > Explosions in the Sky

Pitchfork: Andy Shauf > Nothing Places > Car Seat Headrest > Beach Slang > Empress Of > Protomartyr > Destroyer > Neon Indian > Hudson Mohawke (DJ Set)

Auditori: Julien Baker > Alessandro Cortini > Floating Points > Kamasi Washington

Adidas: Autumn Comets > White Reaper > C+C = Maxigross > A.R. Kane > Algiers > Fasenuova > Har Mar Superstar > Holograma

Friday:

Main: Inspira > Jay Rock > Beirut > Beach House > the Last Shadow Puppets > Radiohead > Animal Collective

Rayban: Steve Gunn > Robert Forster > Ben Watt Band > Cabaret Voltaire > the Avalanches > Maceo Plex

ATP: Bardo Pond > Shellac > Tortoise > Dinosaur Jr. > Kiasmos

Pitchfork: Alex G > Sheer Mag > Shura > Moses Sumney > Nao >  Savages > Freddie Gibbs > Evian Christ > DJ Koze

Auditori: Richard Dawson > Lubomyr Melnyk > Holly Herndon > Selda

Adidas: Viva Belgrado > C. Tangana > Aliment > Cavern of Anti-Matter > Royal Headache > Dungen > Neil Michael Hagerty > Titus Andronicus

Saturday:

Main: Orchestra Baobab > Manel > Richard Hawley > Chairlift > Brian Wilson > PJ Harvey > Sigur Ros

Rayban: Joana Serrat > Los Chichos > Julia Holter > Pusha T > Action Bronson > Moderat > DJ Coco

ATP: Autolux >  Deerhunter > Boredoms > Drive Like Jehu > Pantha du Prince

Pitchfork: Pxxr Gang > U.S. Girls > Roosevelt > Parquet Courts > Ty Segall > Wild Nothing > Dam Funk > DJ Richard

Auditori: Baby Dee > Current 93 > Six Organs of Admittance > Angel Witch

Adidas: Saurs > Pajaro Jack > the Chills > Ho9909 > Jenny Hval > Unsane > Venom > Islam Chipsy & EEK

Decent attempt. However Suede are confirmed for Auditori, and John Carpenter is almost certain to play a 'electronica-oriented on late on a big stage' (so basically where you put LCD Soundsystem - with everyone else moving one slot back).

Also, I desperately want LSP and Beach House to switch around, having Beach House play before Radiohead. Otherwise it would be an awful dilemma, watching LSP or saving up a spot for Radiohead. However if they're on the same stage it would be ideal.