Primavera Sound 2016

DanielM17

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, the clashes are very painful but no more so than Glastonbury which has a huge array of things to do and see. If you're in London, it usually makes sense to attend Field Day and that really reduces your clash count.

Edited by calaix

1 hour ago, calaix said:

You only need two days (in fact once I managed to just tke the Friday off and arrived on Thursday at 9pm)

I'd be tempted to accidentally fall ill...

Friday is the day I'm allowed off the least, though. I don't think I'd get away with it now I've asked for those days and been declined. Cheers, though. For various reasons I'm not sure I'll stick this job long so may well end up there yet. 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I've posted my two tickets for Barcelona weekend for sale for £115 each on Viagogo, they are instant download tickets, I've gotta go away for work now so can't make it sadly.

I bought them in an earlier ticket release hence I'm offering them cheaper than they can currently be bought for, not bothered about profit just need to cover my costs

Newbie question, after seeing the line up I’m thinking of sacking glasto off and trying something new. People on here are talking about getting tickets for other gigs/ the indoor gigs. How does this work? And is it included in the ticket price or extra? Also is the VIP worth it or just go for the standard?

Any answers much appreciated.

Just now, calaix said:

Amazingly the full festival tickets gives you access to all the other gigs that run throughout the whole week. Some concerts (Weds nght and Friday& Saturday afternoon) are free for everyone in the city.

VIP is absolutely worth it, I am sad to say.

whats the difference between a normal and VIP ticket? Sorry if this is obvious but I've never even looked at VIP tickets whilst booking festivals

6 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

whats the difference between a normal and VIP ticket? Sorry if this is obvious but I've never even looked at VIP tickets whilst booking festivals

No need to queue for things for three days, cheaper beer (and I think spirits).

Dedicated areas for lounging around in.

Much better toilets.

Much better food.

Special book and bag on arrival.

And access to the front of gigs. I am sad they allow this to happen as it amounts to musical apartheid but it obviously is a major perk.

Edited by calaix

Only half the front of stage area is reserved for VIPs and it's only for the big two stages. I too dislike the policy. I don't bother with the VIP as I'm too busy watching the bands to get any use out of the lounge etc. If I was in town for the full week, it might be worth it but I don't think it's worth an extra €125 (in my case)

At the moment the differential is 75 euros and the differentce in experience is easily worth 25 euros a day (including the alcohol savings.

No queue getting into site.

No queue getting into auditorium for auditorum gigs.

No queue for drinks in VIP area.

Huge number of gigs from Monday until a big closing night party on Sunday. Have a look at Clashfinder 2015 to see the pattern.

As said, only half of the front row (and only main stages) is reserved for VIP, so you can definitely get front row or very close without VIP.

Last year I wasn't VIP and had no problem getting great places for every band, waiting the most half an hour before, with the exception of The Strokes which was insanity (and I still got pretty close).

Based on that logic, I believe you'll be able to get very good places without VIP for every show, other than Radiohead. And also if you wait an hour or more you'll be fine for Radiohead too.

1 hour ago, calaix said:

Also at Primavera you can usually turn up pretty late on before for a gig and still get near enough the front.

I'd have said the opposite. Some festivals you can turn up pretty much when you want, but I was at Primavera in 2013 and after the first day decided to cut down on the number of bands and get there early, otherwise I was getting stuck 50-100m away from the stage, and in a few cases couldn't even get to some of the smaller stages.

By pretty late, I mean 20-30 minutes before. I was only comparing this to Glastonbury for which you need much longer.

I've never disputed you can't "get very good places without VIP for every show" but it takes a **much** earlier arrival if you don't have VIP.

13 minutes ago, calaix said:

At the moment the differential is 75 euros and the differentce in experience is easily worth 25 euros a day (including the alcohol savings.

No queue getting into site.

No queue getting into auditorium for auditorum gigs.

No queue for drinks in VIP area.

Huge number of gigs from Monday until a big closing night party on Sunday. Have a look at Clashfinder 2015 to see the pattern.

How much is the per-pint saving? if the maths alone works out i'm going for it ha