NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Evening peoples

A day of contrast for me today.

On one hand, I've been busy with good things - applying for student finance for Child 1 and getting properly excited about Glastonbury, including clearing my iPod of everything but GF2016 artists.

On the other hand, I started the day with a 7 year old in cardiac arrest and then we found out that a staff member had killed themselves.

Yin and Yang. Life is precious and fragile and beautiful and short. Live it.

Love to all

Ben
xx

"None of us are getting out of here alive" life is for living x Love and hearthugs to you Ben xx

Edited by Babylon sister

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody hell ben. I've identified a couple of suicides and cprd an obviously dead 18year old but you take it to a level of 'omg' (as my daughter probably said 3years ago).

Hope you're OK and hope 7year old is ok. Love and peace x

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Evening peoples

A day of contrast for me today.

On one hand, I've been busy with good things - applying for student finance for Child 1 and getting properly excited about Glastonbury, including clearing my iPod of everything but GF2016 artists.

On the other hand, I started the day with a 7 year old in cardiac arrest and then we found out that a staff member had killed themselves.

Yin and Yang. Life is precious and fragile and beautiful and short. Live it.

Love to all

Ben
xx

Huge hugs Ben xx

One of my hospice clients died Wednesday and OH had health scare yesterday,  Nothing like a bit of perspective to realise how precious life is.

Hope you're getting all the support you need.

11 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Hello! :) how's life up in Glasgow?

10 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello BM! How are you? :)

Doing alright folks, been busy with a trip to Nicaragua last year and just back from the Reggae Festival in Barbados. Had a word with the sun while out their and was assured that that he/she :) will put in an appearance at Glastonbury this year. Not read the thread but hope all are ok, hopefully will see you in a field soon. 

Just catching up...

@BrighterNow - please don't let this little blip stop you from going.  The tent is a non-issue - some lovely offers of loans here and honestly you can get a decent tent that'll do you well for around £30.  As much as I love my husband I kinda envy people who get to go on their own with no ties.  You will be absolutely safe as a solo female, just take the usual precautions as you would anywhere else, don't do anything silly and you'll be fine.  You'll make friends and you'll dance with strangers.  Come along to the meet - there aren't so many of us and between us I'm sure we can keep you company throughout the weekend.

As the more recent posts demonstrate, life is short and fragile.  Those tickets are precious.  And you can't get your money back now.  Go.  You'll regret it more if you don't than if you do.

18 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Warm with hazy sunshine here today.  The swifts have arrived and are shrieking at each other high overhead,  a sound I particularly associate with summer.  Youngest's assessment for Asperger's tomorrow,  so we'll know by the evening whether he has a diagnosis.  Although I know it will help I'm not sure how I'll feel if he has.

I hope your son's assessment goes ok today.  I remember only too well my son's assessment, and being told he had ASD.  It was a real mixture of relief of having my suspicions confirmed, and real grief that he had a lifelong condition which would probably make his life harder.  I really hope that whatever your son's assessment is, it won't be too upsetting for you.  Please feel free to PM me if you want - I found the support of other parents with ASD children invaluable when my son was first diagnosed.  Thinking of you today,

Babylon Sister, I hope your sister is ok.  A fractured skull sounds awful.

Ben, that sounds a very difficut day.  I hope the 7-year-old is ok.

Can I say a massive thanks once again to all the lovely posters on this thread.  The last couple of days have been very difficult, and my anxiety went through the roof.  I can't tell you how much your kindness and practical offers of support meant.  I spent all day trying to make a decision, and finally decided at 11.30 last night not to return my ticket - I'm coming to Glastonbury!  Hope I can buy you all a drink at the meet to thank you for your kindness. 

1 hour ago, BrighterNow said:

Babylon Sister, I hope your sister is ok.  A fractured skull sounds awful.

Ben, that sounds a very difficut day.  I hope the 7-year-old is ok.

Can I say a massive thanks once again to all the lovely posters on this thread.  The last couple of days have been very difficult, and my anxiety went through the roof.  I can't tell you how much your kindness and practical offers of support meant.  I spent all day trying to make a decision, and finally decided at 11.30 last night not to return my ticket - I'm coming to Glastonbury!  Hope I can buy you all a drink at the meet to thank you for your kindness. 

Excellent news! :) 

1 hour ago, BrighterNow said:

Good Girl!

Hi all, great news brighter now you won't regret it! Let me know if you want anything. Hi storm nice of you to pop in and love your avatar :-) 

Sorry yeti but it is a definite stick here in the pool of liver today blue skies sunshine perfect temperature and a lovely light breeze to keep cool hope it is like this in June! Keep praising those gods everyone

54 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hi storm nice of you to pop in and love your avatar :-) 

Thanks it was a result of a discussion a few years back as to whether I should really post in here considering my name. I found this pic and we decided it would counter-act the user name and mean it's a sunstorm I'm about haha

Afternoon folks and folkesses! I hope the weekend is washing away all your troubles and stresses that you've all been dealing with over the last few days. @bennyhana22 hope it all worked out with the 7 yr old? @Babylon sister now that's drunk! I hope theybones are mending. @BrighterNow you know it makes sense! Glad you've taken the best decision. You'll have a great time. @mr gumby liking the doctor reference! And @dizzymoo I hope you get the results you need to make things easier today. Good luck.

One question, where does the NFR meet take place on the Thursday? I'd love to pop along if y'all don't mind.:)

Shaun.

image.jpg

Hello Everyone!

I'm back from my hols, haven't read all the thread, and not hanging around much today, lots to do. Hoping everyone is well, not long to go now.

I did notice that Larkin Poe will be playing Avalon, which is excellent news for me as I didn't see anything at Avalon last year, and they're a definite for me in June.

Good to be back, have a great (remainder of) weekend

Hello all, old timers, new timers and every one inbetween! 

I've just done th gung Ho thing. I now ache. A lot. It was blazing sunshine too, perfect festival weather, and I may have got a little bit burnt! I did cover myself in factor 50 though so I may be ok. 

Meeting place is yet to be arranged I think, possibly green fields to see someone from here play, but it all day expends on line up really! We'll sort it when it needs sorting :)

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

I've just done th gung Ho thing. I now ache. A lot. It was blazing sunshine too, perfect festival weather, and I may have got a little bit burnt! I did cover myself in factor 50 though so I may be ok. 

Meeting place is yet to be arranged I think, possibly green fields to see someone from here play, but it all day expends on line up really! We'll sort it when it needs sorting :)

Ey up Lucy Looo, you been hitting the Gin Juice?? :P

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

What's the gung ho thing Lucy, I'm not sure if I should congratulate or commiserate:) 

Edited by Babylon sister

Just to say thank you to everyone for their kind words yesterday regarding my challenging couple of events...

Only because many of you asked, no I'm afraid we didn't manage to save the young child. Sadly, the outcome for out-of-hospital paediatric cardiac arrest is pretty dreadful - often because the child is discovered sometime after the actual event, unlike your adult that, say, has a heart attack and collapses in front of people etc. Sorry to have to report that, and to bring that sadness here - on reflection I actually regretted mentioning it, only because there are some things that are probably best not aired here, even though everyone is so lovely. Anyway, enough said.

Today has been a bit of a classic Ben Day®...

Early dog walk (including a fantastic play with Rufus the terrier) > Picked up newspapers > Pilates > 1.6km swim > massive garage junk purge > cathartic trip to the tip/recycling centre with afore mentioned.

Now tea is prepped and just waiting for the nod from Mrs Ben who is out doing some work for charidy. She doesn't like to talk about it much.

Getting well into James Blake since his new record came out at midnight. As far as the schedule rumours go, I am seriously likely to be watching him at WH on Saturday night whilst Curlygirl sobs to Adele ;)

Starting to get very, very excited about Glastonbury now, with my post-marathon self seriously upping the music listening stakes.

Oh, and my pal has finally agreed to lend me his rather sw*nky Marmot tent, which will be fab because (a) it's fab and (b) it's frickin' lighter than Old Faithful that was nearly the death of me walking from Gate A to Dairy last year.

122278.jpg

And what's with the Paines Ground Dairy swaparooney on the new map? Is that an error? It must be?! I know fields have changed names over the years, but simply reversing two adjacent fields' names? What?!

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just to say thank you to everyone for their kind words yesterday regarding my challenging couple of events...

Only because many of you asked, no I'm afraid we didn't manage to save the young child. Sadly, the outcome for out-of-hospital paediatric cardiac arrest is pretty dreadful - often because the child is discovered sometime after the actual event, unlike your adult that, say, has a heart attack and collapses in front of people etc. Sorry to have to report that, and to bring that sadness here - on reflection I actually regretted mentioning it, only because there are some things that are probably best not aired here, even though everyone is so lovely. Anyway, enough said.

Today has been a bit of a classic Ben Day®...

Early dog walk (including a fantastic play with Rufus the terrier) > Picked up newspapers > Pilates > 1.6km swim > massive garage junk purge > cathartic trip to the tip/recycling centre with afore mentioned.

Now tea is prepped and just waiting for the nod from Mrs Ben who is out doing some work for charidy. She doesn't like to talk about it much.

Getting well into James Blake since his new record came out at midnight. As far as the schedule rumours go, I am seriously likely to be watching him at WH on Saturday night whilst Curlygirl sobs to Adele ;)

Starting to get very, very excited about Glastonbury now, with my post-marathon self seriously upping the music listening stakes.

Oh, and my pal has finally agreed to lend me his rather sw*nky Marmot tent, which will be fab because (a) it's fab and (b) it's frickin' lighter than Old Faithful that was nearly the death of me walking from Gate A to Dairy last year.

122278.jpg

And what's with the Paines Ground Dairy swaparooney on the new map? Is that an error? It must be?! I know fields have changed names over the years, but simply reversing two adjacent fields' names? What?!

:)

Ben

Sorry to hear about the child Ben, I had suspected it wouldn't have been a good outcome but thanks for mentioning it all the same. Sometimes we need reminding that it's not all about festivals and music!

I'm unable to listen to any new music while I'm away working so I'm seriously envious of all the James Blake and Radiohead talk on here. I've got some serious listening to do when I get home.

That's a sexy looking tent right there by the way! You definitely don't want anybody drunkenly falling into that! I'll try and stay away...

I had commented on the Dairy/Paines switcheroo on the new map thread but nobody seemed to know any more about it. It certainly doesn't make much sense just to swop them over and will just confuse people I'm sure. Hopefully they will bring an updated map out confirming it as an error?

Shaun.

Evening all. Sorry for absence, work has been full of busy with fractions scrapping! Late nights and early mornings...

anyway, @BrighterNow I'm thinking Em and I will be camping in dairy this year. You are more than welcome to join us trekking around the site day and night if you don't want to risk spending any time alone. Be warned, we plan to do it @bennyhana22 style this year as it may be the only year Em is allowed there. I'll send you my number if you wish to take me up on it. 

Ben I'm so sorry to hear of the lil child and your colleague. Such a waste of life. It's so sad.