Pass out

staggerlee

Yes, you'll probably get back in. Eventually.

But it'll probably be after lots of checking and a decent amount of your valuable festival time wasted. The regular ticket checkers on the gates don't have the authority to let you in without a complete set of ticket+wristband+passout, so at the very least you will (or to be more exact, should) be referred to a supervisor for further checks.

More hassle than it's worth. Keep your ticket+passout safe.

Yes, you'll probably get back in. Eventually.

But it'll probably be after lots of checking and a decent amount of your valuable festival time wasted. The regular ticket checkers on the gates don't have the authority to let you in without a complete set of ticket+wristband+passout, so at the very least you will (or to be more exact, should) be referred to a supervisor for further checks.

More hassle than it's worth. Keep your ticket+passout safe.

Yes its meant to be a hassle really in order to discorage people from doing it again and to encorage them not to lose the passout. They'll make you wait around whilst they check things and will need some other ID usually to cross check. I dont know if they actually have access to the registration database on site to do checks but its feasible I guess.

in 2013 i came back onto the site and handed the bloke my ticket and pass and he put both in a sealed box. couldnt leave for the rest of the festival.

Why did he do that??

I lost my pass out one year, I had to go to a portacabin and they looked up on a computer my details and they put another band on my other wrist.

It hasn't happened to me, but did see people having to do that at Gate A when they lost their pass out ticket.

I have a separate plastic wallet to keep my ticket and pass out safe and dry when I go out, and keep that in the bottom of ruck sack to avoid the chance of loosing it.

Being a bit geeky and fearful of losing my ticket I also scan a copy of my ticket, PDF it and send it to my phone via email. That way if I should lose the ticket I at least have some proof of the ticket which might get me back in. Hopefully I'll never have to find out if that works or not!

I've never had to leave the site before, but I'm leaving this year for a bit... So what is a passout?

Do I just need that (whatever it is), as well as my ticket and wristband?

Essentially, yes.

Assuming your on a standard general admission wristband, then when you leave the site you'll be given a Passout (literally just a bit of paper). You officially need all 3 of your wristband, your ticket, and the passout to return onto site, though there are other solutions for people who don't/can't provide one of the above.

as stated above. I had this issue before and I ended up waiting hours and hours until I could see the people in the booth at the top of the hill outside of pedestrian gate B (I think it was B?) had to prove my identity and answer some private info date of birth, when/how I bought my tickets, home address and post code etc. they also bring up your picture up to check its you.

When I say hours I mean literally around 4-6 hours which was hell knowing everyone was inside having fun. 

Hello,

Hypothetical question, but does anyone know the procedure if you lost your passout when outside the festival? I'm guessing they just dont refuse you entry.

Let me guess a mate doesn't have a ticket ? ;)

We did it once to get an extra pass out and it wasn't worth the hassle, he was given a different band basically highlighting he'd tried it on.