Celeb spotting

Wallace

Not related to glasto but some friends of mine were at the singing tent or some shit at reading a couple years ago and they just got photos with deap vally, having no idea who they were just cos.

In conclusion, having a signing tent is quite indicative of why reading is shit.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is LondonTom really that famous?

Like most fame comes and goes :P

Depends who you ask... some say he once out threw Tom Brady in the NFL combine...

..this may go on a t-shirt!

Florence Welch dancing all hippie and carefree through the Pyramid field... she had a group of lackeys tossing people out of the way so she could achieve this effect unhindered, I shouted some expletives at her and she was visibly shocked, which I was rather proud of.

What a heroe you are! I think we should appoint tou "Defender of the Glastonbury SpiritTM" for that!

:(

I've come across a fool.

Nah you're alright. :P

Seasick Steve in 2013 said "I'll be signing over there after the gig, but if it was me I'd go see another band".

I met Matthew E White that year after his gig. Nice bloke.

It's hard to disagree with that. Nice enough gesture though.

I can imagine it might have been pretty awkward last year if the London Sinfonietta were bombarded by [fellow] Radiohead nutters wanting Jonny to sign their 7"s and stuff.

Sara Cox/Zoe Ball at my 1st or 2nd Glasto in 2003/4

Harry Enfield in 2011

Mark Thomas in 2011 also

Tim whatshisname that used to do Soccer AM in 20111 too

And Adam from Adam and Jo one year

Michael Eavis a fair few times

Had a few occasions where I've been stood next to someone and said hello, as you do at glastonbury, and then realised its someone famous. Only one id boast about is back in early 00s we had passes to the backstage bar and met (very briefly) john peel.

Seasick Steve in 2013 said "I'll be signing over there after the gig, but if it was me I'd go see another band".

I met Matthew E White that year after his gig. Nice bloke.

would have been worth it if JPJ was there too, as I was about to bring all of my Led Zep cd covers in for signature b4 someone on these forums associated with the magazine that does the signings said he wouldn't be signing.

Nal - knowing your closeted relationship with Thom Yorke, thought i'd share this one....

Never spotted a celeb in 7 Glastos, or perhaps was just never looking/noticing...but I was laying on the grass up front at The Park watching a Brooklyn band called Here We Go Magic on Saturday morning in 2010, and had no idea that Thom Yorke would literally have been a few yards away from me dancing away right at the front with Nigel Goodrich...I had read about this in another article and wondered how I'd missed him, but here's a vid clip of the band telling it...

Only 2. Mr E stopped his Landrover on our way in 2008 and asked us why we'd come. Told him had come the year before and now our families had come as well, think he smiled. And that homes under the hammer bloke, made me feel a bit queasy, think it was because he had the same haircut :). Other than that wouldn't recognise 99.9% of the people mentioned in this thread!

Edited by whisty