Album of the year?

Dog Burger

Discovered this album by this small Russian Instrumental Math Rock/Post Rock band and it surely a treat. You can get it on their bandcamp on a pay what you want basis, if that is nothing then feel free too. If you like And So I Watch You From Afar I recommend you check it out (one of the ASIWYFA guys produced it too) and it will help pass the time to their next album next year.

Edited by justanothername
  • Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPfTLlfn-_o

Also been listening to the Future Islands album a lot lately. Big grower. A bit obsessed with Light House, in particular.

We all know what we loved. ^^^^ this was great, The Jessie J album too. But Album of the year, Krept and Konan

Edited by bamber

Discovered this album by this small Russian Instrumental Math Rock/Post Rock band and it surely a treat. You can get it on their bandcamp on a pay what you want basis, if that is nothing then feel free too. If you like And So I Watch You From Afar I recommend you check it out (one of the ASIWYFA guys produced it too) and it will help pass the time to their next album next year.

Wow, this is good stuff indeed.

Still loads of stuff I want to listen to yet, but it's New Year's Eve, and there's currently an even 20 albums from this year I've loved. So here goes.;

20. Alvvays - Alvvays

19. Swans - To Be Kind

18. Thurston Moore - The Best Day

17. First Aid Kit - Stay Gold

16. The Twilight Sad - Nobody Wants To Be Here And Nobody Wants To Leave

15. Warpaint - Warpaint

14. Royksopp - The Inevitable End

13. J Mascis - Tied To A Star

12. Perfect Pussy - Say Yes To Love

11. Ought - More Than Any Other Day

10. St Vincent - St Vincent

9. Taylor Swift - 1989

8. Kelis - Food

7. The Phantom Band - Strange Friend

6. Tood Terje - It's Album Time

5. Jack White - Lazaretto

4. Sharon Van Etten - Are We There

3. Owen Pallett - In Conflict

2. Lykke Li - I Never Learn

1. Metronomy - Love Letters

Been a pretty brilliant year when I look at that, and there's loads of great stuff that I didn't mention like Sky Fererria, East India Youth, Kyla La Grange, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, I missed out Royksopp and Robyn's album on purpose because it's really an EP, but that's a fantastic record. Happy new year, efests! Stay safe.

Mine's pretty similar to the last one I posted, but I've made a few changes. Gone with 16, because I'm a renegade, and that's the amount of albums I've really, really liked.

1. The Antlers – Familiars

2. Naomi Shelton & The Gospel Queens – Cold World

3. Owen Pallett – In Conflict

4. The War On Drugs – Lost In The Dream

5. Neneh Cherry – Blank Project

6. Lydia Ainsworth – Right From Real

7. Sisyphus – Sisyphus

8. FKA twigs – LP1

9. Future Islands - Singles

10. Alvvays – Alvvays

11. Against Me! – Transgender Dysphoria Blues

12. Ought – Today More Than Any Other Day

13. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Give The People What They Want

14. People Get Ready – Physiques

15. Perfume Genius – Too Bright

16. Mac DeMarco – Salad Days

There were quite a few more I enjoyed at first, from the likes of Taylor Swift, Bryan Ferry, Perfect Pussy, St Vincent, D'Angelo and Trophy Scars, but not enough for me to go back to them repeatedly. Some I actually find difficult to get through now.

I did like ATOMOS though, should have listened to it more.

Not heard the In The Kingdom Of Dub album yet, but Horseman's effort is great, as is Prince Fatty Versus Mungo's Hi Fi.

Can't link to YouTube at the minute, but Scrub A Dub Style is one of my favourite tunes of last year, and pretty sure that Horseman features on that'n'all, along with Sugar Minott.

Not heard the In The Kingdom Of Dub album yet, but Horseman's effort is great, as is Prince Fatty Versus Mungo's Hi Fi.

In the kingdom of dub is fabulous (much better than the Horseman, tho that has it's moments).

I've not heard the vs Mungos so will go buy that in a sec, along with some more of Fatty's that i'm missing.

Can't link to YouTube at the minute, but Scrub A Dub Style is one of my favourite tunes of last year, and pretty sure that Horseman features on that'n'all, along with Sugar Minott.

Sugar's been dead for more than a year, hasn't he? :blink:

edit: yep, dead 3 and half years ..... how does that get to be 'new'?

Edited by eFestivals

Not being that familiar with the ins and outs of Mungo's Hi-Fi's (fairly extensive) discography I'd guess it's either a re-version of an older track or something they've had in the can for a while (either a completed track or an outtake bit of styling) which they've passed on to Prince Fatty for some of their fairy dust.

I'm a big Mungo's Hi-Fi fan, you're right, Scrub A Dub Style was originally on Forward Ever in 2011 and remixed on the vs Prince Fatty album. I seem to remember reading that it was the last thing Sugar Minott recorded before he died. Would also recommend listening to their first album - meets Brother Culture.

Going to check out In the Kindom of Dub today I think, have enjoyed everything else I've heard by Prince Fatty.

Edited by renrutbor