Jump to content
bennyhana22

Electronica/Dance

Recommended Posts

Unreal scenes. It is definitely a set that will live with me forever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Unreal scenes. It is definitely a set that will live with me forever 

bloc 9 and wow stage stole the show this year.

I can't get over how good heidi was on genosys too.. honestly never thought much of her before that set. Playing really deep scatty tech house it was fucking beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

bloc 9 and wow stage stole the show this year.

I can't get over how good heidi was on genosys too.. honestly never thought much of her before that set. Playing really deep scatty tech house it was fucking beautiful

Yeah i think Genosys is probably my favourite stage at the festival, the last two years it has been utterly fucking wonderful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genosys was certainly on it this year, gutted I missed Steffi & Virginia.

Anyone else catch Daniel Avery at the Beat Hotel? Absolutely smashed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Daniel Avery was quality. As usual massive crowd out the entrance but if you elbow your way down the front there was room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooooooof. Going to need a few weeks of processing. Daniel Avery was indeed ridiculous, got there very early on for Fort Romeau and Jennifer Cardini (to begin with it was just our group and a few others dancing away...) who were also incredible. By the time Daniel Avery was finished I was awaaaay with the fairies. Tried SE corner after that but couldn't get near, so went up and rolled around on the hill until half 7. That was the heftiest night for me and boy did I suffer on Sunday as a result...

Other electronic/dance highlights for me were Young Marco and Palms Trax. Away from the DJs Joe Goddard live, Moderat, DJ Shadow and Justice all completely blew me away, particularly Justice. Also enjoyed Hercules & Love Affair but by that point I was completely done in (and sober due to driving responsibilities).

Really didn't get to anywhere near as many late night stuff as I had intended but still had the time of my life. And I still didn't get to NYCD! Queued for a long time but called it quits... Sorry I didn't meet any of you once again, it all went by in one huge smiling blur. Having the worst Glastonbury come down I've had. Need to go out dancing very soon.

For now...

erlqUk-myms1MqVSy3t-PxIKJFjHVIpq0SITLdQN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi my lovelies.

I actually usually find it very hard to come onto the forum in general for quite a while after the festival. But after the five days I just had, and the anticipation after talking to you lot about it so much in the build up, I had to come on and post about my festival. Brilliant to read about how so many people thought it was a vintage year. 

For me, fair to say it was the finest run of dance days I've ever had.

I'll try, likely unsuccessfully knowing me, to be brief! The saving grace for you is that I'm genuinely struggling to assimilate anything approaching a coherent memory of what I did...

Wednesday
First time ever in the Downlow and the Meat Rack. Saw a bit of Wes Baggaley in the DL - thought he was good, but the place was very sparkly filled, so felt a bit odd. And, I'm sorry, but at least at that point, the sound in the Downlow was pretty poor. Meat Rack was much better - saw Fannar, who I really enjoyed, despite myself (!) and then after him a grey-haired/bearded guy span some really excellent breakbeat electro vinyl. I've googled and he doesn't look like the listed MR DJs for that night - anyone know him? The sound in the Meat Rack was really good and there was a big Wednesday night crowd creating a brilliant first night atmosphere. Cracking start to the festival and popped my NYCD cherry. I was pretty confident I wouldn't get in there again, so was very happy.

And, I was a very, very lucky boy as a friend had managed to get me a wristband for Maceo's, the crew bar in Block9, which is not only a pretty fab place with DJs 24h from Wednesday until Monday, but also makes having a wee and refilling water SO easy when you're in Block9.

 

Thursday
I think I popped into Lovebullets for half an hour in the afternoon. Gotta say that I thought the sound was absolute mush. Didn't go back all weekend. Nice tent, coolly decorated. Crowd a bit unfriendly - maybe too early in the day to share the love, I guess...

Feral is Kinky in Spaceport was really good. Her crowd wasn't big, but I have a real soft spot for the Spaceport and the sound was excellent. They've moved the stage to the opposite end this year, haven't they?

I'm really struggling to remember what I did after the three Williams Green bands (last being Everything Everything). I think I saw a DJ, but bugger me if I can remember. It'll come back to me.

Kölsch and Seth Troxler on Blues - fuck me that was rammed. Absolutely ridiculous! I couldn't not get into the inner area proper, so worked my way in for a while. Kölsch was brilliant. I was really pleasantly surprised as I always think of him as a bit softer than I can truly enjoy, but that was proper techno. Seth was good. I've seen him better - might be the crush and lack of, ahem, refreshment on Thursday night. Still very enjoyable. Decided to sack off anything after that in order to get at least a few hours kip so as to be able to go harder for the next three nights...

 

Friday
Oh my.
I got my second incredibly lucky wristband on Thursday - this was a T&C crew area one, meaning that I could cut down in front of Astrolabe in T&C and use a back path straight into the SEC. This meant that I didn't have to leave Radiohead until the end of Karma Police. Ninja-like, I then weaved through the 10s of 1000s and was, no bullshit, in the SEC within about 7 minutes of the last chord ringing out from Pyramid. Slipped through a gap in the side of Glasto Latino tent and straight into The Common. The new Temple is fucking incredible. Got in for the last half an hour of Doublscotch who were very good and then Popof was superb, fulfilling all my hopes for a brilliant 'proper' start to my three big nights. Left just before 1.30am in order to be front and centre for Blawan at the gods' own stage. The sound...either better than, or just as good as when I was staggered by it last year. Confirming what I already knew, which was that Block9 is my favourite area at Glastonbury, and Genosys comfortably my favourite stage. What an hour and a half. Blawan was every bit as good as I had anticipated. I've 'only' seen him play live before, but holy moly can he mix a set too. Pounding, paced, beautifully developed and with a genuinely appreciative crowd who knew they were witnessing something of huge quality. It was a done deal, there was no way I'd see a better DJ set that weekend.
Shed was BRILLIANT, and a perfect follow-on to Blawan, as I was just peaking nicely. Then finished the night with Radioactive Man in Jagz' Acid Lounge. Sound excellent again, and Keith played some lovely techy-electro. I was a little cooked by about 5.30am and had heard enough, so popped back to Genosys and saw the last half hour of Norman Nodge. A lovely end to an epic first night proper. Bed at 7, totally done in!

 

Saturday
A little afternoon treat arrived as a re-think and a friend's suggestion saw me at The Glade in the afternoon for Paranoid London. Through the Funktion 1 soundsystem they sounded incredible. So clean, and a truly up-for-it afternoon dance crowd. That was a brilliant bonus as it meant I wouldn't have to worry about trying to get into the Meat Rack later that night, wasting lots of time - the queues around in general at 3am, and in particular for NYCD had been as big as ever in the wonderful weather, so it was a grateful sack-off for later. 

With no headliner to get in the way, I watched The National (v good) and then used my smart-arse pass to get me back into Block9 for Placid at 9pm, the first act of the billed 'Acid House' night on Genosys. He was great, playing old school techy acid to...well me, really! Block9 really is odd when essentially empty and you're just about the only one dancing! I had a couple of dear friends with me, but we were about it! Still, was fun and I thanked him as I....

...high-tailed it over to Arcadia. There were four of us there and we made it right under the belly of the spider as Goldie was finishing his '92-'94 Rave set. Customary DJ-change flames followed and then it began. People I was wrong about Blawan...
...that Jon Hopkins set was, without question, THE. BEST. TECHNO. DJ. SET. I'VE. EVER. SEEN. PLEEEEEEEASE one of you tell me you were there. PLEASE! It was fucking astonishing. Every note, every build, every track change, every track development. It was a real-time piece of art. The best thing was that, at just 10.30pm, everyone there was there for one reason only. No reluctant hangers-on in groups, no-one so pissed they'd just staggered to the venue. Crowd went ballistic. He dropped Open Eye Signal at exactly the half-way point, when the euphoria went even higher than seemed possible. It's hard to describe just how intelligent it was - you could see at each moment why he was doing what he was doing and how it was enhancing the whole (more of which, in contrast, at the end...). Everyone was gutted when that lightning-quick 90 minutes was over :(. I heard somewhere that JH had tweeted that it was his favourite ever DJ set. That would be apt, given that it was mine...
Then back over to Genosys for the run through to close. Ian Pooley was ripping it up when we arrived and Heidi was wonderful after him, a mix of some techno and a lot of her trademark Jackin' House which is SO danceable and a lovely counterpoint to JH's pure techno. Cab Drivers' live set was a phenomenal hour, as many on here have said. I was confident it would be and, as said, my Paranoid London clash had now been managed. Steffi & Virginia - what can I say? The only negative thing to say is that, given how many of you were there, why didn't some of you come and say hello?! Actually, maybe don't answer that. I was front and centre on the flooring in front of the Genosys booth from 0030h to 0600h! Over the weekend it was lovely to meet @Fishman and @theevilfridge and a really lovely thread lurker who is a mate of theevilfridge, with whom I danced most nights - but I'd loved to have met more of you...
S&V were fantastic. I have always, and did that night, enjoyed Steffi's picks considerably more (she's obviously harder) than Virginia's, but both ladies were on top form, with Steffi showing her true credentials in her mini-rant at not being allowed to give us the final baseline, breakbeats and drop of her final track - a well-deserved cheer greeting the consideration she shows her crowd.
Bed at 7 again - hmmm, I'm going to start paying for this...

 

Sunday
oops - didn't mean to post then - here's the rest!
You're probably getting fed up at my self-inducgence, so I'll be briefer.

Cal Super b2b Job Jobse in the BH was really interesting. They took an intentional full half-hour to build the set up, only really hitting proper dance stride at that point. I found that build up fascinating and was very impressed. As predictable, I enjoyed Job a little more than Call S, but had a nice hour and a half aperitif. Only issue for me is that I really don't 'get' the ambience in the Beat Hotel. For some reason it just doesn't quite work for me. Add to that my having been spooned so much by the sound on Genosys, Meat Rack, Temple, Arcadia and Glade and, I'm afraid, the Beat Hotel pales next to them...
Justice were amazing fun for just under an hour, especially as it was a closing headliner with my favourite Glastonbury people. But, I scooted off just before 11pm as I didn't want any chance of not making it into the Temple. Was delighted therefore to catch all of Robert James' set. He was really good, and I was pretty much perfectly refreshed by the time he came on. I was joined by a mate just before the main festival poured down to the SEC and the Temple queues became almost instantly absurdly long. The sound and feel in the new Temple really is brilliant - one of my favourite areas, when the music is right. UV paint fight - mental, but a lot of fun.
Right, so here we go. ~I had decided earlier in the day that there wasn't a huge amount for me on the Sunday night and, given that I had decided I would get the 4am coach (I gave my alternative 0830h one to a campmate, giving them a much nicer journey home than their scheduled Glastonbury-Taunton-Bimringham horror show, which made me feel nice), I had decided I would stay for *gulps* Patrick Topping. Now I know that I've ranted about him, so this seems like gross hypocrisy, but I don't think I'd ever seen him play before - and opinions should be informed. He is utterly, utterly bereft of any musical talent and ability. I am capable of appreciating and enjoying good quality tech-house if it's well constructed, just like pretty much any genre of music. I'm sorry, guys, but what he does is puerile and infantile and could be put together by anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the simplest of music software. EVERY track is constructed and built in exactly the same way:

1.Two-beat wum-wum bass beat on each on-beat
2. Add standard tech-house off-beat high-hat figure over the top
3. Add simplistic 'bed' underneath that
4. Repeat for 8 bars
5. Drop the bass beat, leaving bed and hi-hat
6. Add some child-friendly snares
7. build those snares up x 8 bars
8. either (a) pause**....drop or (and here's where he gets really clever) (b) add in an unexpected half-bar (sneaky, eh?!) before dropping the wum-wum bass in half-way through the bar. Oh Patrick. You are clever!
9. Repeat the above with an almost indistinguishably different 'bed'. But for Christ's sake down change  1. and 2.
10. Continue this for an hour and a half

**sometimes holding the pause for up to a minute because he's so risqué...only for the dancefloor to lose all momentum. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

WHAT. A. TWAT.

And people love this shite. No amount of enhancement could enable me to see this lowest-common-denominator of dance music as anything other than execrable. It just makes me sad that people are comfortable to accept this vacuous crap, devoid of any artistic merit. I know that I may well get panned for being so seemingly arrogant and snobbish, guys, but I am unapologetic on this issue. You all know that I just don't do disco. I recognise that good disco is as meritorious, if not more so, than what I would consider the best of my beloved techno. No problem there, it's just that disco is not for me. With the vomit spewed about by the talentless Topping I cannot hold my tongue. Russ Yallop came on and, whilst not anything good, he was instantly better than PT, though presumably would command a quarter of the fee of this unclothed emperor? Ugh. Fortunately I was adequately oiled to see the funny side and danced until just after 3am, at which point I had to leg it to the lock up an then PGA so as not to miss my coach home.

Right, rant over. As a summary, the best five dance days/nights in a row of my life. I hope you all had as good a time as me. 2019 seems so much further away after that incredible experience.

Oh, and that Jon Hopkins set...

 

:)

Ben
xxxxx
 

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Goddard's live set on The Park was truly incredible and I' overjoyed that I shared the moment with my sister and nephew as a family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi my lovelies.

I actually usually find it very hard to come onto the forum in general for quite a while after the festival. But after the five days I just had, and the anticipation after talking to you lot about it so much in the build up, I had to come on and post about my festival. Brilliant to read about how so many people thought it was a vintage year. 

For me, fair to say it was the finest run of dance days I've ever had.

I'll try, likely unsuccessfully knowing me, to be brief! The saving grace for you is that I'm genuinely struggling to assimilate anything approaching a coherent memory of what I did...

Wednesday
First time ever in the Downlow and the Meat Rack. Saw a bit of Wes Baggaley in the DL - thought he was good, but the place was very sparkly filled, so felt a bit odd. And, I'm sorry, but at least at that point, the sound in the Downlow was pretty poor. Meat Rack was much better - saw Fannar, who I really enjoyed, despite myself (!) and then after him a grey-haired/bearded guy span some really excellent breakbeat electro vinyl. I've googled and he doesn't look like the listed MR DJs for that night - anyone know him? The sound in the Meat Rack was really good and there was a big Wednesday night crowd creating a brilliant first night atmosphere. Cracking start to the festival and popped my NYCD cherry. I was pretty confident I wouldn't get in there again, so was very happy.

And, I was a very, very lucky boy as a friend had managed to get me a wristband for Maceo's, the crew bar in Block9, which is not only a pretty fab place with DJs 24h from Wednesday until Monday, but also makes having a wee and refilling water SO easy when you're in Block9.

 

Thursday
I think I popped into Lovebullets for half an hour in the afternoon. Gotta say that I thought the sound was absolute mush. Didn't go back all weekend. Nice tent, coolly decorated. Crowd a bit unfriendly - maybe too early in the day to share the love, I guess...

Feral is Kinky in Spaceport was really good. Her crowd wasn't big, but I have a real soft spot for the Spaceport and the sound was excellent. They've moved the stage to the opposite end this year, haven't they?

I'm really struggling to remember what I did after the three Williams Green bands (last being Everything Everything). I think I saw a DJ, but bugger me if I can remember. It'll come back to me.

Kölsch and Seth Troxler on Blues - fuck me that was rammed. Absolutely ridiculous! I couldn't not get into the inner area proper, so worked my way in for a while. Kölsch was brilliant. I was really pleasantly surprised as I always think of him as a bit softer than I can truly enjoy, but that was proper techno. Seth was good. I've seen him better - might be the crush and lack of, ahem, refreshment on Thursday night. Still very enjoyable. Decided to sack off anything after that in order to get at least a few hours kip so as to be able to go harder for the next three nights...

 

Friday
Oh my.
I got my second incredibly lucky wristband on Thursday - this was a T&C crew area one, meaning that I could cut down in front of Astrolabe in T&C and use a back path straight into the SEC. This meant that I didn't have to leave Radiohead until the end of Karma Police. Ninja-like, I then weaved through the 10s of 1000s and was, no bullshit, in the SEC within about 7 minutes of the last chord ringing out from Pyramid. Slipped through a gap in the side of Glasto Latino tent and straight into The Common. The new Temple is fucking incredible. Got in for the last half an hour of Doublscotch who were very good and then Popof was superb, fulfilling all my hopes for a brilliant 'proper' start to my three big nights. Left just before 1.30am in order to be front and centre for Blawan at the gods' own stage. The sound...either better than, or just as good as when I was staggered by it last year. Confirming what I already knew, which was that Block9 is my favourite area at Glastonbury, and Genosys comfortably my favourite stage. What an hour and a half. Blawan was every bit as good as I had anticipated. I've 'only' seen him play live before, but holy moly can he mix a set too. Pounding, paced, beautifully developed and with a genuinely appreciative crowd who knew they were witnessing something of huge quality. It was a done deal, there was no way I'd see a better DJ set that weekend.
Shed was BRILLIANT, and a perfect follow-on to Blawan, as I was just peaking nicely. Then finished the night with Radioactive Man in Jagz' Acid Lounge. Sound excellent again, and Keith played some lovely techy-electro. I was a little cooked by about 5.30am and had heard enough, so popped back to Genosys and saw the last half hour of Norman Nodge. A lovely end to an epic first night proper. Bed at 7, totally done in!

 

Saturday
A little afternoon treat arrived as a re-think and a friend's suggestion saw me at The Glade in the afternoon for Paranoid London. Through the Funktion 1 soundsystem they sounded incredible. So clean, and a truly up-for-it afternoon dance crowd. That was a brilliant bonus as it meant I wouldn't have to worry about trying to get into the Meat Rack later that night, wasting lots of time - the queues around in general at 3am, and in particular for NYCD had been as big as ever in the wonderful weather, so it was a grateful sack-off for later. 

With no headliner to get in the way, I watched The National (v good) and then used my smart-arse pass to get me back into Block9 for Placid at 9pm, the first act of the billed 'Acid House' night on Genosys. He was great, playing old school techy acid to...well me, really! Block9 really is odd when essentially empty and you're just about the only one dancing! I had a couple of dear friends with me, but we were about it! Still, was fun and I thanked him as I....

...high-tailed it over to Arcadia. There were four of us there and we made it right under the belly of the spider as Goldie was finishing his '92-'94 Rave set. Customary DJ-change flames followed and then it began. People I was wrong about Blawan...
...that Jon Hopkins set was, without question, THE. BEST. TECHNO. DJ. SET. I'VE. EVER. SEEN. PLEEEEEEEASE one of you tell me you were there. PLEASE! It was fucking astonishing. Every note, every build, every track change, every track development. It was a real-time piece of art. The best thing was that, at just 10.30pm, everyone there was there for one reason only. No reluctant hangers-on in groups, no-one so pissed they'd just staggered to the venue. Crowd went ballistic. He dropped Open Eye Signal at exactly the half-way point, when the euphoria went even higher than seemed possible. It's hard to describe just how intelligent it was - you could see at each moment why he was doing what he was doing and how it was enhancing the whole (more of which, in contrast, at the end...). Everyone was gutted when that lightning-quick 90 minutes was over :(. I heard somewhere that JH had tweeted that it was his favourite ever DJ set. That would be apt, given that it was mine...
Then back over to Genosys for the run through to close. Ian Pooley was ripping it up when we arrived and Heidi was wonderful after him, a mix of some techno and a lot of her trademark Jackin' House which is SO danceable and a lovely counterpoint to JH's pure techno. Cab Drivers' live set was a phenomenal hour, as many on here have said. I was confident it would be and, as said, my Paranoid London clash had now been managed. Steffi & Virginia - what can I say? The only negative thing to say is that, given how many of you were there, why didn't some of you come and say hello?! Actually, maybe don't answer that. I was front and centre on the flooring in front of the Genosys booth from 0030h to 0600h! Over the weekend it was lovely to meet @Fishman and @theevilfridge and a really lovely thread lurker who is a mate of theevilfridge, with whom I danced most nights - but I'd loved to have met more of you...
S&V were fantastic. I have always, and did that night, enjoyed Steffi's picks considerably more (she's obviously harder) than Virginia's, but both ladies were on top form, with Steffi showing her true credentials in her mini-rant at not being allowed to give us the final baseline, breakbeats and drop of her final track - a well-deserved cheer greeting the consideration she shows her crowd.
Bed at 7 again - hmmm, I'm going to start paying for this...

 

Sunday 

That Jon Hopkins set was spectacular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Impropaganda said:

That Jon Hopkins set was spectacular

Thank the stars someone else was there!

Words can barely describe how good it was for me...

:)

Ben
x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed a lot, got too drunk for a lot, but I apparently really enjoyed Jon Dasilva. Whoever he is.

There was always a great crowd at Bez's Flying Bus when I walked past and I always kept getting sucked in a for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds excellent Ben. I did actually see you galloping off at the end of Yorkston/Thorne/Khan but wasn't speedy enough to catch you (it was the peak of my Sunday suffering), I believe my brothers and I were lying right next to you on the ground for that! I'm very happy but very saddened to hear about Jon Hopkins! I walked past the crowds for arcadia on my way back from Joe Goddard and previous experiences put me off trying. Not too many regrets though as Fort Romeau/Jennifer Cardini were perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderat on West Holts early Sunday evening was an absolute joy.

Stumbled upon System 7 in the glade on Sunday night for a right good old fashioned rave up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thank the stars someone else was there!

Words can barely describe how good it was for me...

:)

Ben
x

Hi Ben! Nathaniel (aforementioned thread lurker mate) was there too! Shame you didn't spot each other. Sounds incredible though. Bit sad to miss it, but then I was drunkenly yelling the words to Monkey Wrench into my sister's face over at the Pyramid so it couldn't be helped. Wish I'd seen him at Field Day now though.

Agreed about Blawan being fantastic, got to be the best dance set I've seen. Shame I was a bit of out of it on Saturday night so either missed or didn't really feel it for the stuff on Genosys but hey ho.

So good to meet you pal, we should all meet up some time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theevilfridge said:

Hi Ben! Nathaniel (aforementioned thread lurker mate) was there too! Shame you didn't spot each other. Sounds incredible though. Bit sad to miss it, but then I was drunkenly yelling the words to Monkey Wrench into my sister's face over at the Pyramid so it couldn't be helped. Wish I'd seen him at Field Day now though.

Agreed about Blawan being fantastic, got to be the best dance set I've seen. Shame I was a bit of out of it on Saturday night so either missed or didn't really feel it for the stuff on Genosys but hey ho.

So good to meet you pal, we should all meet up some time!

Worry not, fridge, Nat was with us under the spider the whole time!

:)

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at Jon Hopkins in body, but by that time I was on another planet, I can remember him playing Open Eye Signal and not a lot else, I apparently had an ace time there though and then went missing, turned up a few hours later gurning my tits off at Bicep, left there at 5ish, woke up some time later in the compost toilets in the tipi fields. I have been trying to piece together everything using my steps on the iPhone, but to no avail. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I was at Jon Hopkins in body, but by that time I was on another planet, I can remember him playing Open Eye Signal and not a lot else, I apparently had an ace time there though and then went missing, turned up a few hours later gurning my tits off at Bicep, left there at 5ish, woke up some time later in the compost toilets in the tipi fields. I have been trying to piece together everything using my steps on the iPhone, but to no avail. 

Quality night there, Matthew!

:)

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

 

Anyone else catch Daniel Avery at the Beat Hotel? Absolutely smashed it.

He did! I thought he was quite clever & didnt play perhaps as hard techno as he does sometimes as it wouldnt have suited beat hotel - but what he did play was classy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Steffi & Virginia closing with this changed my life. Might bring a little tear to your eye if you're feeling down tho

 

Thank you for this ID matt!! Makes me very happy to hear it again. Is this a pretty old tune then? Im not familiar with it at all but its lovely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Yeah Daniel Avery was quality. As usual massive crowd out the entrance but if you elbow your way down the front there was room.

Yep tons of room down right hand side had a little crew knees up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and ben i really enjoyed reading the recount of your festival, fantastic stuff :D i agree on beat hotel sound its just not quite there compared to the cream of the crop systems elsewhere.

i think part of what makes block 9 more special than elsewhere, other than the stage construction they are famous for of course, is the utter quality of the curation of their lineup. They simply do not abide by artists of lesser quality or go for very much that is overly mainstream.

could you imagine if they had their own festival?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buckled at Benny's description of Patrick Topping and Matt's Saturday night :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genosys had so much quality in their lineup this year. It really was remarkable. Steffi and Virginia was the best set ive ever been at. Memory Man we were probably beside each other for Daniel Avery, I was front right too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't have been further back for Steffi and Virginia as well, we were stood pretty much against the back wall of Maceos/Downlow. Taking in those awesome visuals. I had a Corbyn t-shirt on, made for some interesting conversations at those hours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×