Weather

matt_berr

I slightly miss the weather obsessing!

It was totally fine in the end I though. I liked the drama of the storms rolling in, there were enough sunny spells to keep me happy, it never got too hot or too cold and the mud was manageable for me. I felt for people in wheelchairs and with pushchairs though, as it must have been hard going for them.

But bearing in mind what was forecast, I think we got away with it pretty well!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty happy with it. Wednesday was superb , as was Sunday and most of Thursday, aside from the rain that cut the ground up for two days I'd stick. I had factor 50 spray and still came back with a sun tan :)

You lot are a lot more forgiving of the weather than me it seems. Mainly because I never fall in the mud and this time it happened twice and I got completely covered. Although obviously it could have been worse, it's helped me make my mind up to skip a year or two.

We got away with murder at times. I thought we were going to get fucked over for Metallica but those storm clouds on the horizon skirted away and we only felt a minor drizzle then. There was other occasions when we got away with it too, but the storms that did hit were unreal. It was defo not a "dry year", but far from a mud bath. Id give it a 7ish on the scale. The good thing we had going for it was the dry ground. Had it rained prior to the fest and then we got those storms like we did we would have been in a whole other mud sphere.............

I personally would take what we had over 2010. But just.............

Better than I feared TBH. Pity there wasn't a day (I didn't get there till Thursday) you could wear trainers but ground held up brilliantly and dried very quickly I thought.

There was a period before the downpour Friday when I thought we might escape with a dry site. I even took my wellies off and that mocking of the weather gods obviously prompted a mental storm.

We definitely did get lucky at times - there was a huge downpour on Sat I could see on the rain radar that missed us by about half a mile.

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

Twist - and twist hard. I'd take a bone-dry Glastonbury over one where all the stages have to be stopped due to a downpour. The site held up, but I'd still rather wear trainers and a t-shirt than boots and a cagoule.

I do totally agree with that though. I guess when it came to the big downpours I was quite lucky as I was almost always inside or able to get inside quickly and during the power down I'd just finished watching a band and was planning on getting some food anyway.

I would always go with dry as my favourite option but as tiring as it was I was able to cope with that level of mud.

i'd stick. i was pessimistic about the amount of rain we'd get and the ground conditions so it was way better than i thought. i saw a load of bollocks i had no interest in while missing stuff i wanted to see though because i wasn't into wading into the crap before the sun/woodchips had done some work. and weren't the woodchips utterly fantastic? magical stuff and lovely to bounce on when it dries a bit.

i fell over once, on bella's bridge. while saying "i always forget this gets so slip.. OW!" :D from there i just drank more to keep me upright. in terrible years i've had to get sober to stay up, so it definitely wasn't bad at all.

kudos to the fellas who came over during the friday cloudburst to help us penguin-huddle the toddler in our group to keep him dry. :)

Different and yet easier. The sun doesn't trash the site or stop bands from playing.

Yeah but rain and mud does not give one sun stroke and make them violently ill...........

In 2010 I missed a shed load of acts due the weather impacting my festival. In 2014 I only missed a few and I can blame Parton on that for some, more so than the mud/rain

Horses n Courses and all that but 2010 was mare in its own right (pun intended)