NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Infamous any good? I'm considering picking up Wipeout HD (as I beat it when game sharing was still easy and don't have it on my ps3 anymore) but fancy Infamous if it's any good.

I don't want LBP and I've got SSHD (although I've heard we're getting Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty not Super Stardust?) so that just leaves Dead Nation and it doesn't really look like my thing.

4 very very good games... Like the offer is much better then I expected tbh - theres full games there which got really good reviews and are top quality. I was expecting some crap like PSN games, PAIN or something, those games are all really good except r&c maybe. I'm pretty happy with it, Wipeout Fury is something I've wanted and Dead Nation is pretty much the best twin stick shooter avaliable.

they're never gonna please everyone but they gave out some top quality games...

yeah fair enough but LBP came out oct 2008 and a sequal is out now

infamous may 2009

wipeout HD sep 2008

considering our details may have been stolen i don't think this is a good enough offer and considering the people who play online games are generally people who are serious gamers then most of them will have these titles already. Should have been store credit

On the other hand they didn't have to give us anything at all - Xbox Live got 1 free XBLA game I believe for their downtime in xmas - and no reimbursement on the subscription fees they were paying during that whole time.

anyone with an older PS3, rockstar have confirmed LA Noire with the new 3.61 firmware has some issues..

We have received some reports of PS3s overheating while playing L.A. Noire or beeping three times before shutting down/turning themselves off, mostly on older 60GB and 80GB fat models.

Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat. There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or "Red Lighting" after having installed 3.61. This can range from games randomly freezing to PS3s turning off anywhere between 30 mins use to 2 hours. We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed.

At this time we are recommending contacting Sony directly to report the overheating issue. However, this is not the end of our support; we are continuing to test L.A. Noire on all firmware versions and hardware models to isolate the issues and see what can be done. As always, we will update this article as soon as we have updates.

Edited by lost