NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trawl the bargain bins for "super monkey ball banana blitz" - 50 mini games, including a great multiplayer game which is a cross between hang gliding and bowls. I lost many, many hours to that game.

I also liked SSX blur, which made good use of the controllers (you need to use both nunchuck and remote) and had surprisingly good graphics compared to other games.

Super mario kart is another must have, of course.

I'm considering getting another wii (I chipped mine, then had that situation where when you have every game in the world you can't be bothered to spend more than 20 minutes with any one game, so you stop playing altogether) if only for the 3 titles above and the default tennis/golf that comes pre-packaged with the console.

Ignoring the big Mario & Zelda games which are always the best games for Nintendo I'd recommend Truama Centre (think Operation the board game but on TV), Smash Bros (2D beat em up), Metroid Prime Trilogy (a sci-fi 1st per shooter where you explore alot), Pikmin 2 (a strategy game using plant/alien ants), Madworld (stylised bash em up) and Sin & Punishment (old skool shooting game).

Well summer is almost over (how did it go so quick?).. so back to hibernating for a while :(

Really looking forward to this game, loved the 2nd one on xbox 360. Only thing I didn't like was how everyone was your enemy. Couldn't go very far without getting attacked.

Looks like the island from Lost.

Don't think I'll pre order Black Ops 2 this year. Gotten tedious now.

Looking forward to Fifa 13 though.

The first far cry really achieved something with AI that other games hadnt come close to before it, really impressive. I found crysis and its sandbox action less fun however, they are always very pretty, the engine very technically impressive, if not designed with todays hardware in mind.

Anyone here played Dark Souls? I get the feeling I'd love it but I just won't have the time.

Shame that all the most appealing games for me also look like they'll require a ton of investment in time which is something I simply do not have.

I feel like I am no longer in the target audience for ANY videogames.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Anyone here played Dark Souls? I get the feeling I'd love it but I just won't have the time.

Shame that all the most appealing games for me also look like they'll require a ton of investment in time which is something I simply do not have.

Cheers for the Wii tips guys. Had heard good things about Xenoblade Chronicles but will check out the others.

Really struggling to get into any games at the moment. Have a shelf full of unplayed games but found myself replaying Portal 2 as well over the last couple of weeks. I love that game...

I just got the Orange Box from Live, going through Portal 1 for the first time (though I'd played it at a friends).

Of course I've had to give up as I'm stuck... :-)

Going through HL2 for the first time too. Corridor shooters and health packs was never so much fun. Except in the original Quake and it's two mission packs.

Orange box is a great purchase (I bought it on steam years ago and have clocked up over 1200 hours of TF2 since), portal, TF2, HL2 episodes....money well spent for anyone (not to mention the many, many great source mods available).

All the talk of Wii's led to me purchasing a Wii from CEX this morning. It occurred to me it would be good for my post-op rehabilitation as it will get me using the right arm more and more, but already a few rounds of bowling and I hurt like hell! I picked up wii sports and super monkey ball banana blitz with the console and will scribble down some of the recommendations from this thread and grab those in the coming days, so thanks again to those who recommended.

I'm enjoying HL2 main story enough, and will finish it and the Episodes, but there is no replay value in them at I can see. But it's nice to have a *HUGE* single-player game (or set of games) rather than the six-hour token efforts attached to most multiplayer-orientated shooters these days.

I have several other downloads I need to crack on with (Call of Duty 1 & 2, Doom 2, to name but two) but the one I started again last night and this time intend to finish is Deadly Premonition. The controls are tacky, the movement awful (not quite Resident Evil awful, but awful), and the visuals are more Xbox than Xbox 360... but it's an open-world horror game that's really Twin Peaks done by the Japanese.

I just got the Orange Box from Live, going through Portal 1 for the first time (though I'd played it at a friends).

Of course I've had to give up as I'm stuck... :-)

Going through HL2 for the first time too. Corridor shooters and health packs was never so much fun. Except in the original Quake and it's two mission packs.