Carhenge 2024

The Red Telephone

2 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Does that mean no stage again then..? Williams Green is on the map this year though so possibly another announcement to follow, or am I being too hopeful..

Seems like a small stage there like last year I’d guess . Theres something indicated on the map 

• Thanks 1

"Each lintel plays tribute to an iconic pillar of counterculture, a culture liberated from conformism and consumerism".

at an event that costs £500 to get into and puppet-run by the BBC

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

Does that mean no stage again then..? Williams Green is on the map this year though so possibly another announcement to follow, or am I being too hopeful..

William's Green is just the name of the field.

1 hour ago, -TLR- said:

"Each lintel plays tribute to an iconic pillar of counterculture, a culture liberated from conformism and consumerism".

at an event that costs £500 to get into and puppet-run by the BBC

interesting take for the controversial opinions thread maybe? 🤯

38 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I don't believe there will be a substantial stage at William's Green ever again. Carhenge is OK as it is and suffers by being compared to what was before.

I think it's a bit rubbish tbh. Much like Glastonbury-on-sea. You go once have a mooch around for half and hour and avoid forever more. 

Its never drawing crowds away from the busy stages, while actually taking up a fair amount of room. 

Appreciate it's much cheaper then a stage. Although WG they are largely playing elsewhere, or are you and coming so will play for next-to-nowt really. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Looking forward to seeing the new additions of the airport stuff . 

same,

this carhenge thing just seems pointless, i wouldn't even class it as 'art'

Edited by bob323

Just now, bob323 said:

same,

this carhenge thing is a just seems pointless, i wouldn't even class it as 'art'

I like it … and for me it’s art , but art is subjective and not everyone appreciates the same things . I don’t hanker after Williams green like others. Was fine but there’s plenty onsite to be getting on with and was rammed on the Thursday so as to become pointless anyway . A few nice areas to take things at a lower pace are just fine 

4 minutes ago, uscore said:

it's basically a place where everyone walks past, have a quick look at the cars, and talk about what great bands they saw in this area when it used to be good.

🤣 I kinda agree. I think Car Henge in itself is great, but it's tainted by the loss of the great stage it replaced.

I was never particularly into Williams Green so don’t miss it.

I like the idea of Car Henge but things like Arcadia and the SE corner etc work for me as art installations as there is a musical backdrop.

Take the DJ line-up from any of the smaller SE or Silver Hayes areas and put them in an area with Car Henge or a stage (or a decent bandstand at Glastonbury on sea) and I’d like them.