Your Glastonbury Years - Ranked!

The Red Telephone

1. 2019 - Great weather, Lizzo, Pangea, Kylie. The GOAT.

2. 1995 - Roasting hot, Orbital, Wind turbine.

3. 2022 - Post-pandemic, Macca, Four Tet on the Park, Pet Shop Boys.

4. 2016 - First one for 19 years, fell in love with the place again, Underworld, awful weather.

5. 1994 - First one, Blur becoming colossal, had wallet nicked.

6. 2023 - Crew bars, Elton, volunteered.

7. 2017 - Going through a break-up, Radiohead were good though.

8. 1997 - Had tent nicked! Appalling conditions, went home Sunday afternoon, Radiohead were good though.

9. Pablo Honey

• Like 1

1. 2009 - Neil Young, Springsteen, Specials, Nick Cave, Blur etc etc. So good. Weather ideal (dry & not too hot)

2. 1999 - First one. Right at front for R.E.M.

3. 2017 - First time with daughter who saw Katy Perry on her birthday. Radiohead great

4. 2010 - Stevie Wonder & Snoop Dogg great. Bit hot. England lost to Germany

5. 2000 - Felt overcrowded and at times dangerous (last before new fence). But, you know, Bowie

6. 2005 - So wet & muddy. Killers and Brian Wilson made up for it though

Back this year. Can't wait

Been to too many to list all but my top three are....

2010 - perfect weather, 30+ strong crew in our camp...just a great weekend over all.

2013 - (almost) perfect weather, for virtually same reasons as above really

2005 - good crowd of mates, Ian Brown sunday night.

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

1. 2019 - Great weather, Lizzo, Pangea, Kylie. The GOAT.

2. 1995 - Roasting hot, Orbital, Wind turbine.

3. 2022 - Post-pandemic, Macca, Four Tet on the Park, Pet Shop Boys.

4. 2016 - First one for 19 years, fell in love with the place again, Underworld, awful weather.

5. 1994 - First one, Blur becoming colossal, had wallet nicked.

6. 2023 - Crew bars, Elton, volunteered.

7. 2017 - Going through a break-up, Radiohead were good though.

8. 1997 - Had tent nicked! Appalling conditions, went home Sunday afternoon, Radiohead were good though.

9. Pablo Honey

I thought all of these were going to end in..."but Radiohead were good" 🤣

This year will be my worst and best because I'm a first timer.

• Like 1

2022 - Felt like coming home after everything, and boy did the weekend deliver on just about everything 

2017 - Radiohead

2019 - What initially looked to be a slightly weaker lineup for my taste ended up delivering the goods

2015 - Great lineup although Foos dropping out and Prince being so close yet so far was a bit of a shiter

2014 - Lineup was overall great but people I went with were a bit lame. Sunday hangover also almost killed me.

2013 - Stones were ace but a lot of the rest of the lineup wasn’t all that.

2016 - So-so lineup and the muddy/rainy conditions really made it a slog. With good company though.

2010 - My first one, and had a great time with great weather, but didn’t take advantage of the place’s majesty nearly enough. Basically went back to the campsite every night after headliners for some reason.

• Like 1

1. 2019. (Mrs 4AM’s first, bloody sunny, had a blast)

2. 2010. Hot & sunny. Stevie Wonder and Snoop were f**king amazing. Got dressed up for Posh Friday and had a right laugh in the SE corner every night.

3. 2009. My first. Mind. Blown.

4. 2013. Stellar line up and spent most of the weekend with my big group of mates. 
5. 2022. Relief after Covid, great weather, and not least, Macca. Godlike set.

1. 2022 - Perfect weather. Amazing headliners. Amazing all round.

2. 2014 - First Glastonbury. I was fit enough to walk all day. Blew me away.
3. 2023 - Decent festival, culminating in amazing Alt-J set and Sunday night.
4. 2017 - Amazing Radiohead set. Tired myself out on the Saturday.
5. 2015 - Generally good.
6. 2016 - All headliners amazing, but really hard work in the mud.
7. 2019 - Far too hot to function.

2016 should be on another list 😄 the mud man facking hell. Every other glasto has been so special in its own way. feels wrong to even order them.

2022 - first one after covid.... how could it not be? everything felt special. kendrick, macca with springsteen, the secret sets, the weather, the emotions. lineup so stacked.

2017 - Radiohead, foos, justice. first time going with a group of friends after being a solo goer twice previously. special.

2023 - Weather, vibe, elton, Fred again, CRJ, lizzo, lil nas x for my predominatly gay  group of friends to see that on the pyramid felt a big moment for them. 

2019 - no pryamid headliner but the other delivered, Tame, chems and christine. 

2015 - Lineup was al over the shop but i got to see kanye headline the pyramid surrounded by other hardcore fans and we had a blast at the front. i mean bon iver and kanye on the pyramid doing hold my liquor... the opening with stronger into power... i could go on but i wont as ill get shouted down here 🤣

2013 - my first , i was solo and i didnt know wtf i was doing, luckily i got adopted by the most incredible people and showed me the ways and still do to this day 🙂 stones was special.

2016 - the weather... the god damn weather .  (MUD)

This feels like having to choose a favourite child. I love them all but differently 🤣 but OK…

2019 - so excited to be back after 10 years (kids with grandparents). Loved being back. The Killers, Kylie, CATQ, Vampire Weekend. Bit too hot but really didn’t care. Had missed the place so much. 

2022 - post covid. Such a relief to be back around people and life getting back to normal. Macca, Pet Shop Boys, Sam Fender. Good weather 

2023 - another sunny one. Elton John, Young Fathers, Foos. 

2009 - loads of fun. Blur, Lily Allen, Lady Gaga SO much random stuff too (not such a planner back then 🤣). The night Michael Jackson died was a weird one. We thought it was just a rumour but everyone was talking about it. 

2007 - my first so also in lots of ways my favourite but SO wet. Loved seeing the Killers, Amy Winehouse and Paulo Nutini. Too muddy though

My first two are the same as @TiZuff

2022: Absolute perfection! Great weather (not too hot but sunny), amazing lineup, and the best crew. The whole festival was in the best post-Covid mood. I particularly loved dancing with a robot turtle whilst drinking a mojito on Sunday afternoon. Kendrick was the icing on the greatest cake. 

2017: Emotional for me in the best possible way. Just back from 6 months fieldwork by myself and it felt so good to be back! Also see above: perfect weather, great crew. Radiohead must be one of my top happiest moments of all time. 

2014: My first one. In many ways I didn't make the most of it (had very little idea of which acts I wanted to see) but I went with the flow and it was epic. I spent a good few hours in Friday dancing in The Cave and hanging out with two people I met on a bench in the park after Arcade Fire. Great stuff!

2023: Good but was slightly put out from the start about losing my lovely Pylon camping! Still, great weather (if too hot in bits), Young Fathers, finally getting to see AM, "surprise" Foos, Texas sing along. God Friday was great music wise.  Even when Glasto isn't the best it's still f**king great. 

2019: Way too hot and not enough sleep. And hanging out with an ex isn't ideal. Plus I stupidly missed Stormzy in favour of John Hopkins. *Face palm*

2016: Hideous hideous mud. Lost my phone on Friday and spent most of the time hanging with a guy I was seeing rather than my friends. Really quite disturbing hangover that lasted for days. I loved it the time, but it damaged me physically and emotionally!

Edited by Sasperella2

2004 - First one. Wow 

2010 - All over again please ☀️

2023 - Weather and not been since 2017, Fred Again 👍

2008 - Massive Attack 🤤🤤

2017 - Great time with an awesome crowd of mates 

2013 - Portishead 

2015 - Lol I can’t remember a thing 😂

2005 - Wrong tent decision got very wet. 
2007 - Just no, please never again, wet and cold constantly. 

1. 2016 -  despite the weather, beautiful group of friends assembled with the perfect dynamic. M83 on John Peel band highlight. 

2. 2010 - incredible weather, Stevie Wonder, Faithless, Arcadia still in the SE Corner, dancing til dawn at Projections in Shangri-La. Thom Yorke & Johnny Greenwood acoustic surprise set on the Park. This would be top if it wasn't for the crowd I was with in 2016.

3. 2014 - hit this one very hard. Arcade Fire remain the best Glasto headliner I've ever seen. Jamie XX b2b Four Tet (I think) playing Sweet Like Chocolate at Beat Hotel at 2am. TEED on Arcadia while I was dressed as a dinosaur. First time down the Rabbit Hole to find a secret Fatboy Slim DJ set. 

4. 2015 - 30+ group of us. Saturday afternoon Young Fathers on Other in the sun was brilliant. 

5. 2009 - Blur, obv. Passed out drunk on the Thurs and when I woke up Michael Jackson had died and I thought I'd slept through the whole festival. Pretty sure this is also the year we saw Fatboy Slim play in a giant pinball machine. 

6. 2022 - Four Tet on the Park, Bonobo on West Holts, Bicep on West Holts. First year working; v different vibe to going with the group but made new worker friends. 

7. 2008 - kind of feel like my first should be ranked higher but I spent a lot of time running around chasing bands and didn't nearly make the most of the late night stuff. Had to leave on the Sun morning as was starting a new job on the Monday. 

8. 2017 - enjoyed Foo Fighters and Radiohead but was quite serotonin depleted and didn't make the most of it. 

9. 2023 - an entirely forgettable year for me really. Was totally burnt out from work when I arrived and spent most of the festival knackered, resentful that I also had to work at Glastonbury. Controversially I enjoyed Arctic Monkeys though. 

This year is my first year properly flying solo. Although I have my worker pals to camp with, we have wildly varying tastes so I expect to spend a lot of time alone. Interested to see how I find it... My best years have tended to coincide with good friends being there, but the E&D line-up looks so so good I'm hoping I won't care too much. 

Edited by Talcroft
Edited to add Bicep to 22 - how could I forget them!

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

1. 2019. (Mrs 4AM’s first, bloody sunny, had a blast)

2. 2010. Hot & sunny. Stevie Wonder and Snoop were f**king amazing. Got dressed up for Posh Friday and had a right laugh in the SE corner every night.

3. 2009. My first. Mind. Blown.

4. 2013. Stellar line up and spent most of the weekend with my big group of mates. 
5. 2022. Relief after Covid, great weather, and not least, Macca. Godlike set.

To this day I'm glad I was on contraception in 2010 because the energy from that Snoop set could have otherwise impregnated every female in the field.

And I forgot about Posh Friday! That was a great tradition. My pal wore his suit every year. 

2000 - Elliott Smith, David Bowie, 18 years old and all my fave bands playing. Felt like I was in the centre of the universe.

2010 - sun, amazing company, didn’t stop laughing. 

1999 - Right at the front for REM. Courtney Love winked at me.

2007 - the mud was horrid but there were some special moments. Was in my tent by Sunday afternoon - the only survivor tent of our whole group so 5 of us crammed in at night - refusing to come out and listening to the radio. 

Then there about 10 others that blur together, I am sure some better than 2007, until… 

2014 - poor company, didnt even try for a ticket for years after. Wandered up above the Park on Sunday thinking I wouldn’t be back again. 

1998, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2022, 2023.  

I've tried really hard to rank them. I can't do it. Pablo Honey is in its spot though. 

Can’t remember much detail about most of them, they all blur into one big happy memory.. but these ones stand out..

2022 - Amazing to be back post covid.. perfect line up for me, no clashes, Phoebe Bridgers, Self Esteem x 2, working on recycle crew with friends. Great weather. So much fun.

2019 - First year back after missing 4 due to having kids. Absolute joy of being back on site, working for oxfam, crew bars, Kylie, Miley, sunshine, NYCD.

1999 - First dry year, REM, Hole, hazy wanderings til dawn, free hugs, greenfields. Tiny underground piano bar.

2011 - Staying in a Tipi by the park, Pulp, massive piñata (in what is the temple now), Shangri La microvenues and projection mapping.

1997 - First year, mud, Smashing Pumpkins, Kenickie. Nearly going home because of the weather but staying and having the best time. 

Edited by Pipine

40 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

This feels like having to choose a favourite child. I love them all but differently 🤣 but OK…

2019 - so excited to be back after 10 years (kids with grandparents). Loved being back. The Killers, Kylie, CATQ, Vampire Weekend. Bit too hot but really didn’t care. Had missed the place so much. 

2022 - post covid. Such a relief to be back around people and life getting back to normal. Macca, Pet Shop Boys, Sam Fender. Good weather 

2023 - another sunny one. Elton John, Young Fathers, Foos. 

2009 - loads of fun. Blur, Lily Allen, Lady Gaga SO much random stuff too (not such a planner back then 🤣). The night Michael Jackson died was a weird one. We thought it was just a rumour but everyone was talking about it. 

2007 - my first so also in lots of ways my favourite but SO wet. Loved seeing the Killers, Amy Winehouse and Paulo Nutini. Too muddy though

I remember coming back from a run to the car for supplies at silly o'clock in the morning in 09 and there was a rumour that Michael Jackson was playing initially and then it was a rumour he was dead and then he actually was dead. Vague recollection of the streets doing a Billie Jean tribute bit. 09 was such a a weird and special year with glorious weather at times and a biblical downpour one night as we sat in our gazebo (sorry, I know)

• Like 1

I think it's impossible to rank them all, but some high points:

2013 - Fantastic lineup, weather and everything went smooth.  Portishead and the Stones stand out sets.

1999 - My first year, great weather, some absolutely fantastic gigs.  REM and Gomez stand out sets.

2000 - Beautiful chaos, weather was great.  Ocean colour scene and Cypress hill stand out sets.

2010 - Snagged camping in Undleground, weather was fantastic.  Standout sets Muse and Florence.

2009 - I went solo, spent the whole weekend with random new friends and saw very little music.  Stand out sets Lamb and Red Snapper.

2022 was euphoric 

2017 was pretty vintage too

2004 was my first one

2016 was pretty good

2014 i can't remember much about

2007 i really am confused about what i did as i have no recollection of being there at all

2008 I vaguely remember being a bit rubbish and wet

2023 i left on the sunday morning coz i was bored and tired 

the stuff they book at glastonbury now has almost no overlap with things i like (i think it's harder and harder for them to book non-UK artists coz of exchange rates and post-brexit uk touring costs) so i think i'm done for a bit