Any Recommendations for Thursday?

Pateen

23 hours ago, Bods670 said:

Spent a bit of time in the Rocket Lounge on Thursday last year. Not been there before and it was brilliant, especially Sister Suzie. Looks like she’s playing there again on the Thursday. Would recommend. 

Sister Suzie has become a regular visit for me. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2024 at 6:49 PM, Bods670 said:

Spent a bit of time in the Rocket Lounge on Thursday last year. Not been there before and it was brilliant, especially Sister Suzie. Looks like she’s playing there again on the Thursday. Would recommend. 

Where exactly is the Rocket Lounge?

10 hours ago, deadponyclub said:

any recommendations for things to do with young kids on Thursday daytime? 

Kidzfield, tend to spend a lot of time there Thursday to give the kids a good go before the music starts proper.

In case you didn't know and it helps, the Greenpeace kids opens Weds too, main Kidzfield opens Thurs

There's a few bits for kids in green futures and craft field too, worth a wander

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I've had Babylon Uprising recommended to me as a fun little dance tent. How busy does it get on a Thursday?

I'm not familiar with any of the names on there for Thursday, are there any names that stick out for those in the know?

image.png.691c0bee6b1cb284e7551b3a7e07c36f.png

Also interested to know the genre of these artists? Heard good things about the tent, somehow never clapped eyes on it although after looking at the map it seems I must have walked past 100 times!

Iam starting my Thurs watching ARXX on Greenpeace stage 13.45. Spotify describes them as what Taylor swift would sound like if she listened to Nirvana . I've been listening to a few of their songs and they sound really good. 

Also playing BBC Introducing Friday 16.30

Edited by gazzared
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I've had Babylon Uprising recommended to me as a fun little dance tent. How busy does it get on a Thursday?

I'm not familiar with any of the names on there for Thursday, are there any names that stick out for those in the know?

image.png.691c0bee6b1cb284e7551b3a7e07c36f.png

I always think it blends in well with a lot of the traders and other bits along that stretch. Never seen it that packed although it's not huge - but the music spills out quite a bit so you could easily be dancing just outside by the path and be fine. Definitely wouldn't expect it to get rammed at any point unless enough passing people are drawn in by the music.

Babylon uprising is primarily jungle, drum and bass and a bit of heavier dub - and as such its a very good thing to amble along to especially during the day. Putting it in the market with all the shopping types never fails to amuse me 

23 minutes ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Showhawk Duo into Doreen Doreen on Sensation seakers  stage will be good fun. I made it last year to  Perry Ibiza Rave at the park inn and it was a great night without being in one of the packed "must see" venues so can recommend that too....

shh!! keep that quiet!!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 5:14 PM, Pateen said:

I remember seeing an Elvis\Nirvana cover band a few years ago on the Thursday. Sounded like a weird concoction, was fantastic though and really worked

Saw the Levellers around 2008 on a Thursday as well who did a great set.

Frank Turner's in Strummerville which will draw a crowd but it doesn't grab my attention

Anyone have any live acts worth seeing they would like to share on here?

I've some ideas of stuff I want to see.  But I'm not sharing as I don't want them to be packed out busy!  😉 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I've some ideas of stuff I want to see.  But I'm not sharing as I don't want them to be packed out busy!  😉 

Yep i want to be where the crowds aren't 😄 

1 hour ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Showhawk Duo into Doreen Doreen on Sensation seakers  stage will be good fun. I made it last year to  Perry Ibiza Rave at the park inn and it was a great night without being in one of the packed "must see" venues so can recommend that too....

Ooooo saw a video of these and they looked insane!

Where is this stage though please?

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

Iam starting my Thurs watching ARXX on Greenpeace stage 13.45. Spotify describes them as what Taylor swift would sound like if she listened to Nirvana . I've been listening to a few of their songs and they sound really good. 

Also playing BBC Introducing Friday 16.30

Don't even have a ticket so don't know why I'm torturing myself reading this thread, but just had to chime in to say this is an excellent plan.

Nirvana x Taylor Swift is pretty accurate, they just consistently put out incredibly catchy pop rock. Seen em live 3 times and they're brilliant - great performers, plus really enjoyable down to earth & amusing banter in between songs. Really can't recommend them enough.

• Thanks 1

Theres plenty on but hard to say what will be manageable and what will be a joke, capacity wise, though.

i will definitely be trying to see lambrini girls and lynks

id like to see jonathan pie but guessing you wont get in unless waiting before it opens

id like to see daniel avery electroclash set but stonebridge is always rammed. The kids dont know what electroclash is, right?