The Very Official eFestivals Meet-Up 🎪

eFestivals

Sounds like a great way to get 50 different recommendations on how to spend my first Glasto 😂, so I’ll plan on it (shift allowing etc)

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 1:37 PM, eFestivals said:

It's almost time! Less than six weeks until the gates open, so it's time for this year's meet thread. A very official one this time 😎

The meet will take place at The Ridge & Furrow Bar in the 

Cabaret Field, at 6pm on Wednesday 26th of June.

Thank you in advance to @Crazyfool01 

Maybe use this graphic in your original post?

Sorry you can't make it this year.

Apologies to @Crazyfool01 I liked your image but I thought I would make this one as well. I have a copy of the original photo that @Glastopedia uses in their excellent Glastopedia website.

I mainly made it for nostalgic reasons, I made the same kind of thing 20 years ago, where does the time go 🙂

Efest Meet.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Staberinde said:

Maybe use this graphic in your original post?

Sorry you can't make it this year.

Apologies to @Crazyfool01 I liked your image but I thought I would make this one as well. I have a copy of the original photo that @Glastopedia uses in their excellent Glastopedia website.

I mainly made it for nostalgic reasons, I made the same kind of thing 20 years ago, where does the time go 🙂

Efest Meet.png

Thanks ... have added to original post 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Always a nervous thing meeting online people and explaining it to the missus lol

for definite but honestly its just a load of people and some maybe familiar names chatting over a few drinks in a field in the best place on earth 

20 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

That does sound wonderful. 

Yeah, come along. It's good for us cynical old buggers to see newer attendees getting properly excited. Fair warms the cockles to chat to people who are taking it all in for the first time. 

One of my favourite moments from last year was chatting to a young lad (and this bit sounds weird) in the urinals after Elton. In those couple of minutes, he told me what an incredible time he had, how he'd been a little sceptical, but now he was all in and could wait to come back. I was delighted for him, I really hope he got a ticket, whoever he was.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 3

On 5/16/2024 at 1:37 PM, eFestivals said:

It's almost time! Less than six weeks until the gates open, so it's time for this year's meet thread. A very official one this time 😎

The meet will take place at The Ridge & Furrow Bar in the Cabaret Field, at 6pm on Wednesday 26th of June.

Thank you in advance to @Crazyfool01 who's kindly volunteered to orchestrate and represent eFests as I've not secured a ticket this year.

We won't have the usual flag but we're open to any ideas to help identify the group. Maybe a new flag is needed, who knows! There may also be t-shirts and a competition so watch this space 😉

Any updates to times and location will be added to this post.

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 20.56.03.png

Can't wait!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Probably a little too new for this. 

As has been said, you are not... I post on here very little, but I always try my upmost to make it to this meet up (one or two years I had one or two too many fizzy pops and was prevented, hahah,) you wont regret it, and yes when I tell my friends and Mrs that I'm off to meet some random people off the internet you do (did, they're well used of it now) get a raised eyebrow but it's Glastonbury.

I've not been to one of these since around 2010/11, when it used to be down at the cider bus.. 

Not sure can make this, not got our shifts or where working yet, will see how it goes! 

Would like to get there this year but can see it may clash with looking after new volunteers getting on their feet with WaterAid.

Will try to get there. I will be wearing a bucket hat of some description. And a smile 

7 hours ago, Paul â„¢ said:

I've not been to one of these since around 2010/11, when it used to be down at the cider bus.. 

Back when we had the early arrival one on a Wednesday and main one on the Thursday 

• Upvote 1

Just to add for sceptics who aren't sure about going. It can be really surprising how well you'll get along with people. I went last year and within about five minutes I'd met someone who came from my hometown and then proceeded to spend a great chunk of the festival with up until we shared a burger together on Monday at about 2am outside the Other Stage.

If I'd never turned up, we'd of never met and spent so many fun/cool sets together!

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON