West Holts 2024

Crazyfool01

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility. She's got a bunch of US tour dates until 21st June, then she's in Dublin on 3rd July. Also headlining BST later that month.

So active, playing festivals, and in the right part of the world at just about the right time...

But as noted on another thread, secret sets tend to be by acts with a preexisting relationships to the place - the 'friends of the festival' types.

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But as noted on another thread, secret sets tend to be by acts with a preexisting relationships to the place - the 'friends of the festival' types.

Yeah that's true. Maybe they agreed not to announce her until later so BST get a bigger sales period.

Or maybe I'm clutching at straws.

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Danny Brown-PJ Harvey clash is a horrible prospect.

PJ's show is superb, but the chance to see some brilliant alternative hip hop... it's a close call. 

Solid line-up for the WH in general too. 

Yeah that clash would be a pain for me too 🙁 especially annoying as it looks like before then there isn't a lot on I'd be interested in.

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Yeah that clash would be a pain for me too 🙁 especially annoying as it looks like before then there isn't a lot on I'd be interested in.

Yeah, the blandness in the slot before (Keane, Sugarbabes, Bombay) is pretty lacking on the main stages thus far. I would've thought PJH would be better as a headline on Woodsies as well tbh instead of Gossip too. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

You might be able to do a bit of pj then move onto Danny B? That's my plan anyway then back for LCD 

21 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If West Holts was its own festival I’d go to it.

I’ve said this for years, west holts and the park fields would make a solid small festival for sure! 

edit: even the food and drink options would be decent.

Edited by stuie

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’ve said this for years, west holts and the park fields would make a solid small festival for sure! 

Absolutely would be wonderful! 

13 hours ago, stuie said:

I wonder given the demand for Glasto tickets, if you created another festival with WH, Park and Woodsies, with Greenfields and a dance element, maybe in the North, weekend after whether it would give the bands playing those stages a better deal...Imagine if the WH was in an open area that could accommodate way more and the festival was closed by the Legend...

❤️

2 hours ago, SweedeP said:

Wait there is a clash between Corinne, Last dinner party and Cyndi lauper. Holy sh*t thats bad.

Gutted to miss two of them but there’s no way that LDP aren’t one of the sets of the weekend 

On 4/27/2024 at 5:38 AM, kalifire said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility. She's got a bunch of US tour dates until 21st June, then she's in Dublin on 3rd July. Also headlining BST later that month.

So active, playing festivals, and in the right part of the world at just about the right time...

With Coldplay doing their headline set pretty cheap for the festival as per. Surely the festival will have a budget for a bigger name secret set (unless they're trying to maximise profit)?

Edited by kemosabe