Guitar based acts at Glasto 2024

markfaulkneruk

5 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

My only complaint is that I now have too many bands to see that will all inevitably clash. Nice problem to have. The K’s now firmly on my list - thanks for that suggestion.  Going to check out Lime Garden now too. 

Every year I love the build up, Spotifying acts I don't know and falling in love with some of them.  Then the final Clashfinder drops and I have a number of 3/4 way clashes every time (strangely, usually Fridays are worse every year - 2013 was a killer).  Agonising at times,  but that's why the place is so amazing.  Like others have said, I have a few locked "must sees" every fest and treat everything else as fluid.  Then I spend the next 11 months trying to get to gigs for the acts I missed.  TBF, not a bad way to live!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, upstream said:

Just been listening to  this might work for those wanting guitar - on the park stage on 30th June 

Like that.  Off to Spotify......

6 hours ago, Glastonbury101 said:

Maybe the wrong thread but how possible/realistic is the "(Kings of Leon)" on the clash finder site? Is this a real rumour? 🙂

Pure speculation. They’re in the area at the time and make sense as a ‘never gonna headline again but would make a decent secret set’ type act, but that’s all there is to it.

5 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Pure speculation. They’re in the area at the time and make sense as a ‘never gonna headline again but would make a decent secret set’ type act, but that’s all there is to it.

There's a little more in that a couple of months their social media (team) started posting Glastonbury footage. Happened 3 or 4 times I think.

But other than that, yes, all a bit circumstantial at the moment.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's a little more in that a couple of months their social media (team) started posting Glastonbury footage. Happened 3 or 4 times I think.

But other than that, yes, all a bit circumstantial at the moment.

Ah yeah, never really knew what to make of that as it seemed both incredibly telling but also was done so far out that I assumed it might’ve been pure coincidence. Either way they’re the obvious go-to if we’ve got another Churnups on the Pyramid come the full lineup in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Ah yeah, never really knew what to make of that as it seemed both incredibly telling but also was done so far out that I assumed it might’ve been pure coincidence. Either way they’re the obvious go-to if we’ve got another Churnups on the Pyramid come the full lineup in a couple of weeks.

There was at least 3 posts for sure, some old footage of them playing at Glastonbury. One I could believe is coincidental, there's this for example:

IMG_9720.jpg

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

There was at least 3 posts for sure, some old footage of them playing at Glastonbury. One I could believe is coincidental, there's this for example:

IMG_9720.jpg

Yeah there could be something to it. I was very much in team ‘there’s gonna be another Churnups’ until the lineup was announced and I kind of settled with that maybe not being the case, but KOL do seem like a prime candidate who are in the right place at the right time. It wouldn’t do much for me, but them being on the Pyramid would certainly make the lineup look stronger, even if they aren’t exactly the most jaw dropping live act these days. 

5 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah there could be something to it. I was very much in team ‘there’s gonna be another Churnups’ until the lineup was announced and I kind of settled with that maybe not being the case, but KOL do seem like a prime candidate who are in the right place at the right time. It wouldn’t do much for me, but them being on the Pyramid would certainly make the lineup look stronger, even if they aren’t exactly the most jaw dropping live act these days. 

New albums pretty good too 

On 5/19/2024 at 12:35 AM, Glastonbury101 said:

Maybe the wrong thread but how possible/realistic is the "(Kings of Leon)" on the clash finder site? Is this a real rumour? 🙂

I'll second this, very nice surprise seeing her on, will try and be there clashes allowing

yeah NewDad have a touch of shoe gaze about them I guess,  I really loved the single "Banshee" a couple of years ago.  New album is just ok though.

Edited by uscore

30 minutes ago, uscore said:

Where's all the shoe-gaze at?   There's usually a least a couple of acts to watch but don't see much this year.

Is there ever really much shoegaze? Maybe the occasional token act like Slowdive or Jesus and Mary Chain but that’s about it, although do feel like Williams Green going has scuppered the chance of there being more up and coming acts being present. 

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

Is there ever really much shoegaze? Maybe the occasional token act like Slowdive or Jesus and Mary Chain but that’s about it, although do feel like Williams Green going has scuppered the chance of there being more up and coming acts being present. 

no not much,  and yes,  what there was was often in Williams Green.

shame that with allegedly 100 stages there's not more room for it.

40 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

Lime Garden & Bar Italia have both got elements of Shoegaze in their sound I reckon, along with NewDad.

yeah they are also both on my liked list, and are, I suppose,  both kind of shoe gaze if you squint a bit, so hopefully it'll be enough to get me through.

never-the-less I shall continue to feel oppressed by the festival not catering more to my own specific and limited range of musical taste.

Edited by uscore