Avalon 2024

Crazyfool01

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Scott Doonican has said they are playing Friday early.  I asked him if that meant the Hobo slot but he didn't know - he wasn't even aware the Hobos weren't playing until the poster came out.

unannounced special guest slot for Hobos ? clutches at straws 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

unannounced special guest slot for Hobos ? clutches at straws 

I don't think it would be with the Donnicans - not at this stage anyway or Scott wouldn't have said what he did.  Though I'm sure if the Hobos wanted to make an appearance at anytime at Avalon, they would be welcomed.  Maybe they're just not able to commit?  

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I don't think it would be with the Donnicans - not at this stage anyway or Scott wouldn't have said what he did.  Though I'm sure if the Hobos wanted to make an appearance at anytime at Avalon, they would be welcomed.  Maybe they're just not able to commit?  

sorry didnt mean with them , just an unannounced slot 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

sorry didnt mean with them , just an unannounced slot 

I'm sure if they wanted to play, room would be made for them!  I think with Scott saying they're playing early Friday, they've got the Hobo slot - which I'm happy with!  Great way to "start" the festival.

Just now, Nuthugger said:

do we think all these are on the main stage or will some be in the avalon cafe? (also a quality venue imho))

All in the main tent.  I don't think the cafe is there now?  But even if it is they'd have a separate lineup poster (though some from the main tent used to also appear in the cafe)

Just now, Nuthugger said:

do we think all these are on the main stage or will some be in the avalon cafe? (also a quality venue imho))

If it, or a replacement is there, all those on today's poster will be for the main stage, I'm pretty certain.

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Received wisdom is that the Avalon Café, and so stage, is no more...

Ben

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

All in the main tent.  I don't think the cafe is there now?  But even if it is they'd have a separate lineup poster (though some from the main tent used to also appear in the cafe)

sh*t since when? i remember a few years ago there was a thing about the usual people who ran it werent coming back but it was still there last time

2 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

sh*t since when? i remember a few years ago there was a thing about the usual people who ran it werent coming back but it was still there last time

think since just this year, but others will be more certain.

Ben