Change of ownership for SeeTickets

Paul ™

3 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

And for a time after that, was a front end into Ticketmaster for a while too. 

Was it?

I don't remember that.

5 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

If they migrate to Eventim's platform, it would probably spell an end to auto refresh / page monitors and all that jazz.

Good. 

On 4/2/2024 at 6:36 PM, Dark Star said:

Lets hope it never is, but it may be for everything else that See sells 😞

Isn't that a decision by the artist ultimately? Noone is forcing Taylor, Bruce etc. into using dynamic pricing so it could be refused by credible acts over here?

Perhaps I'm being naive...

24 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Isn't that a decision by the artist ultimately? Noone is forcing Taylor, Bruce etc. into using dynamic pricing so it could be refused by credible acts over here?

Point of order, Taylor is very much not using dynamic pricing on her tour.

Bruce, however, I'm disappointed in.

1 hour ago, hurdy said:

Or their management, yes. Reality is most bands/artists leave all that stuff to their management. 
Bruce and Pearl Jam are very disappointing in their use of it, indeed, I think Pearl Jam were the first to take it to mainland Europe.

1 hour ago, hurdy said:

She used it on a previous tour didn't she?

Probably, but in that case for an artist to step away from it seems like a positive to me. It's definitely not happened on this tour despite headlines incorrectly claiming it.

7 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Or their management, yes. Reality is most bands/artists leave all that stuff to their management. 
Bruce and Pearl Jam are very disappointing in their use of it, indeed, I think Pearl Jam were the first to take it to mainland Europe.

Managers are meantto maximise the income also maximises their own 10%

• Like 1

The way Taylor Swift basically scams her fans out of cash with the way she releases albums and the amount she charged people to watch her film etc etc etc, it would be a surprise to me if she didn't start doing some more extreme dynamic pricing.

All's fair in love and capitalism.

16 hours ago, Neil said:

Someone like swifty can probably get premium money guaranteed without using uncertain dynamic pricing.

Its not quite as optimised though for maximum possible revenue, which is what some artists prefer

4 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

The way Taylor Swift basically scams her fans out of cash with the way she releases albums and the amount she charged people to watch her film etc etc etc, it would be a surprise to me if she didn't start doing some more extreme dynamic pricing.

All's fair in love and capitalism.

Nobody is forced to buy an album? She's re-releasing them for a reason (rights related)

and if your on about how there's like 5 versions of each one, thats very standard practice

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Its not quite as optimised though for maximum possible revenue, which is what some artists prefer

however its done its an unknown amount until the tickets have been sold. an artist might prefer a deal that's on the table of guaranteed money.

21 hours ago, gfa said:

Nobody is forced to buy an album? She's re-releasing them for a reason (rights related)

and if your on about how there's like 5 versions of each one, thats very standard practice

Very standard practice with who? Five versions each with a different bonus track. 20 bucks to watch her film online. Not sure why you defend it, she's absolutely rinsing her fans. 

17 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Very standard practice with who? Five versions each with a different bonus track. 20 bucks to watch her film online. Not sure why you defend it, she's absolutely rinsing her fans. 

The film that's on Disney+ or another one? 

As @gfasaid the albums were re-released to reclaim ownership.  I couldn't give two hoots about her, but her fans have a choice and she could charge more for stuff if she chose to 🤔

On 4/6/2024 at 12:26 PM, clarkete said:

The film that's on Disney+ or another one? 

As @gfasaid the albums were re-released to reclaim ownership.  I couldn't give two hoots about her, but her fans have a choice and she could charge more for stuff if she chose to 🤔

This album thing is separate to the ownership stuff.