Acts you've newly discovered on the poster

Lushroom

47 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Newdad and English Teacher are both must sees for me

Erm...unless I missed it, I don't think English Teacher are on the line-up. Yet! With their new album out this month and a headline UK tour in the autumn, they may well play - I think they played three sets in 2022 and were fab!

Ben

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Erm...unless I missed it, I don't think English Teacher are on the line-up. Yet! With their new album out this month and a headline UK tour in the autumn, they may well play - I think they played three sets in 2022 and were fab!

Ben

They are playing Leftfield. Someone had info on here , can't remember which day though. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Hiw are we all doing on this. I've listened to all I didnt know a bit now. I'm ready for another bulk lot to crack on with lol.

Blondshell I think are my favourite new finding

I usually get 2/3 acts that I like that I didn't know every fest from checking out the line up.  So far I have Heilung & Black Pumas from the little we already know who are must sees.  When the full list drops I reckon they'll be another 2/3 at least.  Given there's not much at the top of the bill for me this year I'm really excited about a year of discovering stuff and hitting the smaller venues.

Had Olivia Dean on shuffle whilst WFH this morning.  Very chilled but with a groove to it.  Impressed.  Would be great for a sunny afternoon.

6 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Anyone got any Hip-Hop recommendations from lower down the line up?

Glad to see Danny Brown on there

I was reacquainting myself with Conflict of Interest (2021) by Ghetts (Park Sunday Sub by the looks of it) yesterday and it's an absolute masterpiece. Need to give the new one a spin.

Just given Masego a go. Seems to straddle funk, jazz and rap and generally hits the spot. LIYL A Tribe Called Quest, Blood Orange, Badbadnotgood, Kaytranada

6 hours ago, Meerkat said:

Anyone got any Hip-Hop recommendations from lower down the line up?

Glad to see Danny Brown on there

Try Noname if you haven't yet. She's great.

And not official yet but Balming Tiger were on the leaked West Holts list so will likely be announced later. 

17 hours ago, Nduja said:

I was reacquainting myself with Conflict of Interest (2021) by Ghetts (Park Sunday Sub by the looks of it) yesterday and it's an absolute masterpiece. Need to give the new one a spin.

Just given Masego a go. Seems to straddle funk, jazz and rap and generally hits the spot. LIYL A Tribe Called Quest, Blood Orange, Badbadnotgood, Kaytranada

Thanks! Will add Ghetts and Masego to the list

16 hours ago, 1986 said:

Try Noname if you haven't yet. She's great.

And not official yet but Balming Tiger were on the leaked West Holts list so will likely be announced later. 

Cheers for this, haven’t actually heard of either of those so will give them a go!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have discovered quite a few bands that are now on my list since the lineup drops - NewDad, Soccer Mommy, Alvvays, Remi Wolf. Good to see English Teacher and SPRINTS now announced for Left Field too (there was some chat on here about this before). Any other indie, indie pop or indie rock type stuff lower down the lineup I should be checking out? I’ve picked up a few names from here already - a similar thread last year was really helpful too. 

On 3/14/2024 at 11:47 AM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Not acts which I've learned from the poster but some smaller names that are really worth checking out..

- Soccer Mommy - She has done several albums 90's american indie rock sound.  Supported The National at Ally Pally last year FFO Phoebe Bridgers.

- Bar Italia - released debut last year I think.  Post punk indie - FFO Fontaines DC/Idles

- NewDad - I think they they have one album and some ep's - dream pop/Indie - FFO big thief, lush, wolf alice

- Mannequin Pussy - new album was out a couple of weeks ago.  Punky but then also shoegazy as well. FFO Idles, Ride

- Barry can't swim - Debut album was out last year. sort of "lofi" Dance music, in a similar vibe to Fred again. FFO Fred Again

-Alvvays - On about album 3 I think.  Jangly indie pop FFO c86 bands

I know lot's of indie there but I do listen to a lot of indie 🙂

also, I know people like Squid have been around a while but they are great post punk indie and Lankum was one of the albums of last year, dark folk I guess. 

I know I bang on about Nia Archives a bit but she really is fantastic.  Jungle music very 90's influenced. 

These recommendations have been really useful!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Have discovered quite a few bands that are now on my list since the lineup drops - NewDad, Soccer Mommy, Alvvays, Remi Wolf. Good to see English Teacher and SPRINTS now announced for Left Field too (there was some chat on here about this before). Any other indie, indie pop or indie rock type stuff lower down the lineup I should be checking out? I’ve picked up a few names from here already - a similar thread last year was really helpful too. 

A lot of that list are on my top new discoveries too. I'd add Yard Act if you haven't checked them out already. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mouserat said:

A lot of that list are on my top new discoveries too. I'd add Yard Act if you haven't checked them out already. 

Thanks - yes I’d given them a listen but all the clashfinders have them clashing with Avril Lavigne who I really want to see so not currently on my list - but may check them out if the timings work out. 

On 4/1/2024 at 4:01 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Hadn’t given Hi Vis a listen before today, really enjoyed what I’ve heard now. 

Saw them play the late night slot at last year’s End of the Road in the Folly - they had the place bouncing and sweaty!! Fabulous post-punk sound and well worth catching

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Me & Mrs 4AM’s new obsession is Baby Queen. Utterly infectious pop bangers. 

Absolutely agree if you enjoy upbeat pop that gets you moving.

And Avalon's usually not broadcast, so you won't be able to catch the set later, either.

Long time fan.

22 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Thanks - yes I’d given them a listen but all the clashfinders have them clashing with Avril Lavigne who I really want to see so not currently on my list - but may check them out if the timings work out. 

Yard Act are on Saturday evening in Woodsies, Avril Lavigne is on Sunday evening on Other.