Acts missing from first poster

Crazyfool01

Emily wants a 50/50 male female split on the first poster. 

so I’d expect medium sized acts such as James, Tom odel etc could still likely be there but just not on poster as they are male. 

James self-confirmed on radio. 

Edited by danbailey80

9 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

100% this.. is there a chance still? And if not, what happened?

I think there’s definitely still a chance but I’m struggling to see where exactly he’d fit if not an Other stage headliner. My guess would be pyramid sub or third/fourth down. Here’s hoping!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Emily wants a 50/50 male female split on the first poster. 

so I’d expect medium sized acts such as James, Tom odel etc could still likely be there but just not on poster as they are male. 

James self-confirmed on radio. 

I think there could be a lot in this. James and Elbow are surely almost certain to be there, but probably aren’t helpful in projecting a young diverse lineup. 

21 hours ago, Talcroft said:

Hard agree on Maribou State. You reckon they're still getting the album over the line, or just DJing Silver Hayes/iicon in place? 

They seem to have other dates theyre playing in March and August.... i guess we will have to wait and see but they were excellent last time! 

3 hours ago, redrog said:

I think there could be a lot in this. James and Elbow are surely almost certain to be there, but probably aren’t helpful in projecting a young diverse lineup. 

No fatboy slim either … surely he’s always on there 

Are any missing that have self confirmed or hinted previously? 

Theres a lot of stages left to annouce like Avalon, Arcadia, The Glade etc

Also... for anyone thats interested.... The poster has been removed from the website... may be changing it image.thumb.png.53efb807f5a5e762d3e7883011cf4ca6.png

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah - but definitely an Only At Glastonbury Would I See This MFing Nonsense sort of act in the vein of Eddie Grant or Generation Sex

It was my hilarious joke about your typo 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

He’s not on every poster as he doesn’t play the main stages every year. 

Stages aren’t Norm ally listed like this though ? Maybe I’ve just imagined it though . 

Edited by Crazyfool01

I'm struggling with the fact they missed out on Chaka Khan. The stars were perfectly aligned; she's touring, the actual line up so far seems light on legendary acts, plus she's both female and black.  To use a footy analogy, it was a tap in.  Plus she's the kind of act that if you've booked her, she's on the main poster so I can't see a later announcement.  I'm properly f**king gutted.

12 minutes ago, snailcheeks said:

Does anyone know the kind of acts that were added last year after the first poster? Or specific names to give context to who may be added later this year?

This was the first poster last year so compare it with the full lineup - 2023 | Glastonbury Festival (glastonburyfestivals.co.uk)

OFFICIAL 2023 LINE-UP POSTER

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm struggling with the fact they missed out on Chaka Khan. The stars were perfectly aligned; she's touring, the actual line up so far seems light on legendary acts, plus she's both female and black.  To use a footy analogy, it was a tap in.  Plus she's the kind of act that if you've booked her, she's on the main poster so I can't see a later announcement.  I'm properly f**king gutted.

I'm holding on to the fact that her tour dates haven't sold out so her agent has asked Glasto not to announce her yet.  Don't know if that is realistic though.