Coldplay

smogo

32 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Don't know if anyone knows this, but when they did the wristband thing in 2016, who was it who gave out the wristbands? Did Glastonbury allocate more volunteer places to people specifically to hand them out? Because whoever handed them out weren't doing the job they would normally be doing if they were regular steward - there were quite a few to shift! Pretty cushty job though.

They were handing them out during the afternoon from the back of the pyramid field during ELO. Got ours queuing in the rain at the ice cream van😊

35 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Don't know if anyone knows this, but when they did the wristband thing in 2016, who was it who gave out the wristbands? Did Glastonbury allocate more volunteer places to people specifically to hand them out? Because whoever handed them out weren't doing the job they would normally be doing if they were regular steward - there were quite a few to shift! Pretty cushty job though.

they handed them out on entrance to pyramid from the left side, its where i got mine .

also they headline bbc radio 1 today right? wouldnt be surprised if that set list is very close to what we see at glastonbury. with the special guests obviously... can they top barry gibb doing staying alive ? god knows but that was so good !

Edited by TiZuff

38 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they were also handed out at the entry to the field .... sadly I didnt get one despite attempts nowhere I asked seem to have them 

Campsite Crews were also handing them out.

40 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they were also handed out at the entry to the field .... sadly I didnt get one despite attempts nowhere I asked seem to have them 

Got a couple spare in the attic I think.

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Michael singing my way was the best way to end the pyramid in 2016, very emotional 

better than when he tried happy birthday with stevie wonder. cringe.

2 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

better than when he tried happy birthday with stevie wonder. cringe.

“Michael in D Flat”…most impressive part of that was the key change and the whole band just switching in an instant!

6 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I remember picking them up at the Info points rather than anyone actually handing them out.

We were definitely handed them by someone. Might've been regular stewards, but I was just wondering if the festival allocated extra positions to people specifically to do this.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also strongly suggests they'll do the tour setlist at the G.

Yeah f**k that. Knew it was very likely but kind of hoped they’d shake it up and maybe make it a bit more palatable, but I just can’t make myself stand through stuff like Higher Power and the other decade+ of dross they’ve released. 

The Glastonbury set will be longer surely? A bit of new stuff nobody cares about, some middle tier songs & the rest mixed in. Ending on Up & Up a few years ago was great but Fix You in the middle of the set will be criminal this year.

1 minute ago, crumbler said:

Mental that they're playing People of the Pride at this, probably their worst song ever.

Sounds like a bad Muse song.

edit: Chris Martin has become a meme of himself. Why is he MCing over there own songs?

Edited by Bisque

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What is this superhero bobbins?

I can now just imagine Mike Bobbins in the crowd turning to a mate with pint in hand saying “wtf is this w*nk?”

For someone who goes on about the environment etc surely those single use plastic bracelets at every for for the past 8-9 years can’t be good for it surely?

At least watching it now it’s made my decision to see Jessie Ware easier

Edited by wozwebs
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wozwebs said:

For someone who goes on about the environment etc surely those single use plastic bracelets at every for for the past 8-9 years can’t be good for it surely?

Collected at the end of each gig and reused.