Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Did I imagine D-Block Europe are rumoured as an other stage headliner? 

I must have read it somewhere because I don't know anything about them as an act. I have no idea if they are big enough. 

Certainly big enough.  Sold 4 or 5 nights out at the o2 recently 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Did I imagine D-Block Europe are rumoured as an other stage headliner? 

I must have read it somewhere because I don't know anything about them as an act. I have no idea if they are big enough. 

Not so much rumoured but they’re playing Derbyshire on the Saturday and doing Longitude on the Sunday and are free on the Friday and aren’t averse to doing three gigs back to back so it could happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

No think you've done a solid job with the rumours! Only things I'd change would be:

Adding This is the Kit as a (R), after some info from @adequate8

Add Gabrielle as a (TBC) after she self-confirmed at a gig, and add Camila Cabello as a (R) after someone mentioned her.

I would take out Janelle Monae too because there's no solid info for her, just that she is supporting Coldplay on their tour and has a gap. If we put on every act with a gap there'd be hundreds!

I would change Justice and Jessie Ware all from (R) to (SR), just because we have info from 2 sources for them now. There's that leaked playlist, and the @Little Thief info too.

Other than that, all my clashfinder is just all the info we've had on here mixed with some pure speculation.

That’s really helpful, I’ll make all these changes, thank you! 

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Another I think could be a possibility to sub are Maneskin 

Played third down Woodsies last year so would be pretty wild if they were now bumped up to Pyramid sub, both because of how desperate a booking it would look, and y’know.. because they’re terrible. 

Doubt they’re gonna be there again anyway as it would just be a pointless repeat booking what with them not having done anything of note since last year. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Played third down Woodsies last year so would be pretty wild if they were now bumped up to Pyramid sub, both because of how desperate a booking it would look, and y’know.. because they’re terrible. 

Doubt they’re gonna be there again anyway as it would just be a pointless repeat booking what with them not having done anything of note since last year. 

Maneskin were superb in Woodsies, in my top 3 last year. They are much bigger now.

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Maneskin were superb in Woodsies, in my top 3 last year. They are much bigger now.

If anything they were underbilled last year, but Glastonbury doesn’t really do year on year repeat bookings unless there’s a new album/some new material to play so it seems unlikely. Probably be back in the third down Pyramid rock slot next year though.

21 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Gave them a listen prior to the festival and wasn’t interested but tumbled across them last year and they were very good. One of those bands that changes your opinion after a live performance.

on the Stereophonics, they’re one of those bands that could play any slot and smash it.

38 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

If anything they were underbilled last year, but Glastonbury doesn’t really do year on year repeat bookings unless there’s a new album/some new material to play so it seems unlikely. Probably be back in the third down Pyramid rock slot next year though.

I thought there was quite a strong history of bands/acts getting booked for somewhere like John Peel / Woodsies, then become the next big thing and get a massive crowd / overpacked tent. They would then get booked for a bigger stage the following year. Does that not really happen anymore?

On 3/8/2024 at 9:05 PM, Euphoricape said:

Who's rumoured for other headliners..? I know the National but not heard any other names really..

With Wizkid headlining Other last year do you think they would go down a similar route and book Asake this year? Playing Wireless in July and can't see any dates over Glasto weekend.

2 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

With Wizkid headlining Other last year do you think they would go down a similar route and book Asake this year? Playing Wireless in July and can't see any dates over Glasto weekend.

I'm hoping they have a couple of proper bands headlining other stage to contrast all pop acts on pyramid. 

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Are they really? I've not heard owt about em since last year?

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Headlining Rock Wercher, Mad Cool and others 

The energy they brought was mad! Getting the guutarists to crowdsurf while playing as well. I had a decent spot as went straight in as soon as the smiths cover act was done. They aren't for everyone though I accept that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, snoochie1981 said:

I thought there was quite a strong history of bands/acts getting booked for somewhere like John Peel / Woodsies, then become the next big thing and get a massive crowd / overpacked tent. They would then get booked for a bigger stage the following year. Does that not really happen anymore?

It happens occasionally but usually when there’s been a ginormous boost in popularity between festivals - Mumfords going from John Peel 2010 to Other 2011 is one that springs to mind, but it seems to be more of a rarity these days and I don’t think Maneskin have had a similar huge boost as they were already very popular last year but just got stuck in a tent for some reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porcelina said:

Just give the Other Stage opening slot to Feeder. New album out in April and currently touring.

Would fill the field, play the hits and send everyone off happy enough.

Nah, I've got that reserved for Bloc Party playing Silent Alarm in full...

1 hour ago, Porcelina said:

Just give the Other Stage opening slot to Feeder. New album out in April and currently touring.

Would fill the field, play the hits and send everyone off happy enough.

Let’s have them both! 

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2024 at 12:29 PM, Little Thief said:

Quite a bit of overlap to be fair, must be similar sources.

West Holts headliners were reconfirmed (three Js), also Squid high up on West Holts on the Fri.

Park I THINK Fontaines headlining or subbing. Hoping this isn’t true, but sounds like The Smile may not be doing it. I had them nailed for headlining Park but apparently not happening. We’ll see though.

Woodsies Sat headliner is Gossip, Sleaford subbing and Yard Act before them.

The Smile not playing Park or not playing at all?

Much rather have Bloc Party further into the day in a secret slot elsewhere - that Other opener slot attracts a lot of casuals and I can't see them being enthused by an album show.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mouserat said:

Much rather have Bloc Party further into the day in a secret slot elsewhere - that Other opener slot attracts a lot of casuals and I can't see them being enthused by an album show.

Though an album show would be a bit strange to open a main stage with, I could see that working. It’s their best album and has a lot of big songs from the mid- 00’s that a lot of casual people might / would know. A bit like the Libertines in 2022. I don’t know who played that slot last year though as no ticket.

Edited by Chip Batch