Pyramid Subs 2024

Joey Peeps

Feel like this deserves its own thread.

Rumours/conjecture so far...

Pulp (likely to be playing so subbing, secret set or headlining Other)

Doja Cat (Very feasible you would think, or top of the Other)

LCD Soundsystem (would be a quirky choice but perhaps no more so than Nick Cave, Beck etc)

Stevie Nicks (if not the legend, which seems likely, surely she'll be no lower than sub)

Raye (Emily apparently mentioned her a lot today at Oxford).

Any more?

8 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Feel like this deserves its own thread.

Rumours/conjecture so far...

Pulp (likely to be playing so subbing, secret set or headlining Other)

Doja Cat (Very feasible you would think, or top of the Other)

LCD Soundsystem (would be a quirky choice but perhaps no more so than Nick Cave, Beck etc)

Stevie Nicks (if not the legend, which seems likely, surely she'll be no lower than sub)

Raye (Emily apparently mentioned her a lot today at Oxford).

Any more?

Raye is a Reading UK exclusive

1 minute ago, Joey Peeps said:

I think there was some info they're subbing the Other.

Aye I've been told by my friend's brother who's playing in the band that they're due to sub Other on Sat.

Separate note, not Pyramid sub but I wonder if Glasto might book Asake this year, playing Wireless festival in July. Would love that.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Genuinely deranged booking.

Guessing it's a shoehorn situation, either due to the Other headliners already being filled or they didn't want to repeat the slot. Interested to see how it plays out.

38 minutes ago, Little Thief said:

LCD defo subbing on the Friday. Will be interesting to see how they go down in that slot on that stage. 

Flashbacks to Beck subbing Coldplay in 2016. Bet the vibe might be a bit similar

For all the SZA size talk, LCD as a sub-headliner is a legitimately crazy booking in my eyes.

Hope it’s backed up with something strong like Dave as one of the others, but f**king hell we’re gonna need a few churnups.

7 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i fear another "National" with LCD in that sub slot if its before coldplay.

Why? That's not like a Foos National vibe. LCD and Coldplay last time was talked about as one of the worst clashes of all time. Surely them being aligned next to each other makes complete sense. I'd be there for both with bells on...

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Dave is bigger than SZA to me as a UK draw. 

Only two dates at the O2 on his most recent UK tour compared to SZA's four. She only did London, Scotland and Manchester though whereas his tour was extensive though so it's difficult to say.

8 hours ago, sisco said:

Janelle Monae, Burna Boy and Dave (that’s not my guess just 3 who could do it too)

My actual guess would be:

Friday - LCD

Saturday - Pulp

Sunday - Dave

7 hours ago, Little Thief said:

LCD defo subbing on the Friday. Will be interesting to see how they go down in that slot on that stage. 

If LCD was that poorly attended on Other headliner last time then why would they sub? They are a niche booking and probably better suited headlining a stage smaller.

7 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Unfortunately I think Sam Smith is worth mentioning as a potential sub.

I saw Sam Smith in the summer and they're actually great.

Ignore all the antics you see on tiktok and look at the setlist and its solid and a party. They only took their kit off at the end for "unholy".