Emily Eavis talk in Oxford

gooner1990

6 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I personally think this make Stevie Nicks pretty likely. I alo think SZA but not headlining the Pyramid. I think if either of these, especially Nicks weren't there then the lineup would ahev dropped by now. I still feel Olivia Rodrigo is a big shout.

Why would Stevie Nicks bring booked hold up the lineup announcement? 

4 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Thanks for the updates re: lineup news (genuinely exciting!), and sorry to be 'that gal' but... presumably most of the discussion was about women in music, anything interesting that was said about this, not relating to lineup? Would have loved to have gone.

hopefully some updates when Gooner gets 5 mins 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm sure it was just a light hearted joke, but 'get in trouble with my husband' doesn't give powerful woman in the music industry vibes really! 

We all know she's the one in charge really, that's  just the equivalent of rubbing his tummy and saying he's a good boy 😊

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

no chance, why would it? this year has 3 female headliners by that logic

Because Emily's on record hyping up the legends slot as "the fourth headliner", presumably exactly for the gender quota purposes. 

10 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Thanks for the updates re: lineup news (genuinely exciting!), and sorry to be 'that gal' but... presumably most of the discussion was about women in music, anything interesting that was said about this, not relating to lineup? Would have loved to have gone.

It was a great panel discussion. Lots of discussion about the recent 'misogyny in music' report which all the panelists said was probably the wrong word to use as it's not about "hatred" of women, more about the safety of female artists and freelancers in the industry. The general consensus was that things are improving but there is much, much more to do. Artists are becoming more vocal/taking more steps and being the change they want to see. 

Emily spoke about 99% of agents being male and the challenges that has brought over the years. She also said she probably winds a lot of bookers up forcing them the have a more equal representation of female artists on festival lineups over the years. 

"I can see them glazing over and thinking 'Oh God she's off again!'" 

Edited by Harmonic Prospector
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

We all know she's the one in charge really, that's  just the equivalent of rubbing his tummy and saying he's a good boy 😊

He is a good boy!  And with his own merits... including being the manager of The Chemical Brothers! 

1 minute ago, clasher said:

Because Emily's on record hyping up the legends slot as "the fourth headliner", presumably exactly for the gender quota purposes. 

Yeah when it suits her they do it sometimes. But she just said there's 2 female headliners this year and we know Shania Twain is the legend. So by your logic that would be three female headliners this year

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Do you not think it’s possible that other people who attended have passed on information as well?

There were about 10 people there.  Surely the audience wasn't solely representatives of efestivals, Glasto Chat, OOF and Somerset Live! 

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm sure it was just a light hearted joke, but 'get in trouble with my husband' doesn't give powerful woman in the music industry vibes really! 

It absolutely was a lighthearted joke when she was being pushed to reveal more. She was laughing, as was everyone else in the room!

Just now, stuie said:

There were about 10 people there.  Surely the audience wasn't solely representatives of efestivals, Glasto Chat, OOF and Somerset Live! 

There was at least one person from OOF there who passed on info - can’t speak for the other places, but tbf once it’s out there it’s out there and we know certain places (like NME) peruse here for info so not too surprising to see it out there already. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Has Raye been ruled out yet? 

Because Emily mentioned her about 5 or 6 times......

(Possibly not headliner but I wouldn't be surprised if she plays) 

I think she's fantastic, Friday sub/sunset would be lovely.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah when it suits her they do it sometimes. But she just said there's 2 female headliners this year and we know Shania Twain is the legend. So by your logic that would be three female headliners this year

1) She was talking about hoping to have "2 female headliners" before, the consensus here was that she was including the legends slot.

2) We know nothing (t least I don't, perhaps you're more in the know). Sure there's rumors, some more credible than others, but none as concrete as to say we *know* there's three female headliners. Hopefully this changes next week tho.