UK Politics

kalifire

3 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No we didn't.

The Labour motion passed as there was no objection as nobody else was there - that motion is meaningless as the Government withdrew from the debate.

All we got yesterday was hot air and  a meaningless piece of paper which I am sure someone will wave in the air telling us it means peace in our time.

The coffee pot is on and smell nice, time to get a whiff of it,

The motion was always going to be meaningless cos Israel and hamas wouldn't ceasefire.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

How can Starmer be  a winner if there were a load of bad headlines for Labour?

How can a call for a ceasefire be a winner if there's no creasefire 

4 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I agree, the SNP could’ve discussed this with all parties beforehand to form a consensus but they decided to start playing politics so Labour played them right back.

We did get to Parliament agreeing to a ceasefire in the end though. 

No good unless hamas sgrees to a ceasefire 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

This is politics and the speaker is elected by politicians. I think it would be naive to think conversations don’t go on behind closed doors.

Conversations maybe but what if the conversation was as is being reported which is 'do as we say or we withdraw support for you as speaker' - surely you can't think that is okay

Even Hoyle is admitting he made a mistake.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Conversations maybe but what if the conversation was as is being reported which is 'do as we say or we withdraw support for you as speaker' - surely you can't think that is okay

Even Hoyle is admitting he made a mistake.

I think a lot more goes on behind closed doors than we realise. I suspect you have people lobbying the speaker all the time, it’s just you don’t hear about it.

I have very little sympathy for the SNP MPs as they were attempting to use this tragic situation to their political advantage. Of course there is the argument that if the SNP want to use the deaths of people for their political advantage that’s their right under the democratic system they have in place.

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

In that case, she should be buried! 😀

locked up and surcharged for all the extra mortgage payments people are making.

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

For the all voters I'd like to see it with a third option - dog poo in a paper bag.  I'd choose that instead of some of those options

yeah, but fancy having to choose from sh*t like that?

27 minutes ago, Neil said:

wooo look at that green surge!!!

You are a funny man...........................

Ignore one poll with 7% for Green and pick on one you think you can score points with...... for a man who hates people who fly and pretends to care about the environment you seem to dislike the one party with real policies to do something about it and instead make posts that are pretty much aligned to Tory policy!!

You are a good true blue chap - or at least that is how you come over on this little forum.

Strange comes in all shapes and sizes as does hypocrisy - who knows where what we read here fits.

Edited by Nobody Interesting