Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

17 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

i thought it had a pretty special atmosphere the one time i went there. not a fan of queueing but it was worth the wait. horses for courses etc

Is the underground piano bar and the Irish piano bar the same thing? 

3 hours ago, Dave_c said:

If you’re heading to the BBC Introducing stage then look out for Bar on the Green’s new location right next door. This well loved bar offers plenty of indoor seating, cocktails, premium beers – including non alcoholic & disco tunes well into the night.

From the Glasto website in the 'bars' section - maybe freeing up space on Williams green for something else.

Good spot.

They still have the Meeting Point bar which is almost directly opposite where Bar on the Green was.  Maybe they thought it was a bit of saturation of bars there since Williams Green disappeared and is not drawing the crowds.

32 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea

I only went once and don’t remember any Irishness! Only song I remember is Keane - Everybody’s Changing 😂 

may seem obvious to most of us but I think a couple of years ago someone put something about Spoilers on the title of the site build thread so those who don't want to see it don't accidently ruin the surprise for themselves.

18 hours ago, Dave_c said:

If you’re heading to the BBC Introducing stage then look out for Bar on the Green’s new location right next door. This well loved bar offers plenty of indoor seating, cocktails, premium beers – including non alcoholic & disco tunes well into the night.

From the Glasto website in the 'bars' section - maybe freeing up space on Williams green for something else.

I'm sure there was a bar next to BBC already - was it Hop & Liquor?  

13 minutes ago, Northtim said:

I'm sure there was a bar next to BBC already - was it Hop & Liquor?  

There was one yeah, can't remember what it was called though but Hop & Liquor sounds familiar. Curious to what will be where Bar on the Geen was in Williams Green

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

may seem obvious to most of us but I think a couple of years ago someone put something about Spoilers on the title of the site build thread so those who don't want to see it don't accidently ruin the surprise for themselves.

I think it’s pretty obvious that this thread will contain spoilers now to be honest! 

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think it’s pretty obvious that this thread will contain spoilers now to be honest! 

well, it started as a speculation thread and is now a thread posting pictures of what has changed.

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

well, it started as a speculation thread and is now a thread posting pictures of what has changed.

I doubt we'll get anything too revealing - the festival will be asking those on site already not to post photos on socials etc. 

The webcam could be an issue for Arcadia though! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I doubt we'll get anything too revealing - the festival will be asking those on site already not to post photos on socials etc. 

The webcam could be an issue for Arcadia though! 

they need to get on with releasing the Arcadia poster ASAP before the build takes shape!

In 2022 there was a guy working on site who would walk up behind the pier and take photos every day and post them on another site similar to this one. It was cool to see the site build from a different perspective. 

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I can confirm that they'll be back as usual this year.

Any new wood projects on the go this year. Last year It was good seeing your updates , thanks 👍🏼 

5 hours ago, gazzared said:

Any new wood projects on the go this year. Last year It was good seeing your updates , thanks 👍🏼 

A three chambered tuned acoustic chair is finally finished, was a lumpy work in progress at the festival last year and I'm starting on a 2 1/2 tonne ancient oak rootball that was felled many decades ago. Old dead oak like that is known as 'bone oak', all the sapwood has rotted off and the heartwood is as hard as iron. it's not easy going, have to resharpen every few minutes.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

A three chambered tuned acoustic chair is finally finished, was a lumpy work in progress at the festival last year and I'm starting on a 2 1/2 tonne ancient oak rootball that was felled many decades ago. Old dead oak like that is known as 'bone oak', all the sapwood has rotted off and the heartwood is as hard as iron. it's not easy going, have to resharpen every few minutes.

Thanks for the info...2 1/2 tonne 😮😮😮 

9 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Pics?

3 hours ago, -TLR- said:

is the Hare Krishna tent still there?

I never found it last year (although admittedly I didnt exactly look very hard..)

It was last year... My friends and I went there and we all ate a big bowl of goodness which was very nice and filling and it was also great to get out of the sun as the tent was really cool.