Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

1 hour ago, hpops said:

Absolutely gutted - totally my fault but I literally forgot it was midday and just went out for a long walk! I had alarms set but the dog walking field had no reception! I was going for Worthy View - is there a resale at all? Or is it time to start buying a tent.

I'm super worried as arriving by coach on the Thursday fairly late!! Is there anywhere remotely useful to camp even available by then?

Those alarms are rubbish, some calendars seem. OK without, so maybe try a different app for important stuff? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hpops said:

Absolutely gutted - totally my fault but I literally forgot it was midday and just went out for a long walk! I had alarms set but the dog walking field had no reception! I was going for Worthy View - is there a resale at all? Or is it time to start buying a tent.

I'm super worried as arriving by coach on the Thursday fairly late!! Is there anywhere remotely useful to camp even available by then?

If it's a 2 man scout you want you'll get one. I got one in 2022 about 2 weeks before the festival. They come back on sale regularly, just keep checking back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Beware of "hardcore hippies"

They are always front and centre. 
tipis are great, but the shower queue is an hour long and someone had done a sh*t in one last year. Also at £1700 a go, it’s become absurdly expensive for what it is. 

It was like main sale day over again.  I couldn't get past the queue page.  My mate got through and got my camper ticket... although general and I really wanted quiet... just glad to get sorted. Been in both previously not huge difference although slightly nearer in Quiet.

Had a great spec last year at the back of a field near staff camping and very little through traffic on foot.

Musnt grumble being in is the main thing. 

Edited by Popsider75

1 hour ago, ThePope said:

They are always front and centre. 
tipis are great, but the shower queue is an hour long and someone had done a sh*t in one last year. Also at £1700 a go, it’s become absurdly expensive for what it is. 

Imagine being a person who sleeps in a £1700 teepee and does a sh*t in the shower! 😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I suppose if you drank ten cups of typhoo before going to sleep you would wake up in your tea pee

😂Well, these things happen!

But shitting in the shower?  Good lord. 

3 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

I’m traveling from Middle East for the 1st time so got myself a tipi, my cut is probably what I would have paid going home to Ireland to get a tent and back to England again, plus a lot of hassle etc.

can someone tell me what if anything comes with the tipi? Is there beds or anything 

No, nothing in these ones.  Just a hessian flooring. 

1 hour ago, gerardfenton18 said:

I’m traveling from Middle East for the 1st time so got myself a tipi, my cut is probably what I would have paid going home to Ireland to get a tent and back to England again, plus a lot of hassle etc.

can someone tell me what if anything comes with the tipi? Is there beds or anything 

I’ve been to Glastonbury 12 times 3 times in the tipi field it is amazing! The best spot in the festival this will likely be my last time but I got one this year again. To quote Ferris Bueller- if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. Also remember life moves pretty fast if you don’t stop and look around for a while you could miss it!

Edited by Tipi Man

2 hours ago, ThePope said:

I love the tipis, the view is excellent and you feel you’re really in the festival. But £1700 is mental considering it was £900 just a few years ago. (2019ish). Trying WV for the first time this year.

I've always wanted to stay in a Tipi, pretty much ever since I started going.

a couple years back I tried to get one, but by the time I'd got through to payment they'd all sold out.

this year I thought yeah lets do it, lets get one.

then I saw the price.

it was bad enough before, but I had resigned myself to the expense.

but when I saw they'd increased the price by £250

I'm sorry, but they can f**k right off.